DYI repair

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure Ryan and Mike would probably agree....I usually find the story (read excuse) to be somewhat of a consolation to having to do the repair. "So what had happened was...."

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure Ryan and Mike would probably agree....I usually find the story (read excuse) to be somewhat of a consolation to having to do the repair. "So what had happened was...."

LOL!

So...if a particularly stupid repair comes by that you might actually usually turn down...a good story might get the job done? :grin-square::grin::wink:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I see evidence of pliers. I'll bet that puts some sunshine in your day...........boat payment. Lol

-
Or boat repair... you all know where the word BOAT comes from...rite.....
Bust.Out.Another.Thousand....

Anyways, goodluck with your endeavors and don't forget to share your solution.

Rob.M

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL!

So...if a particularly stupid repair comes by that you might actually usually turn down...a good story might get the job done? :grin-square::grin::wink:

I think most folks who do repair (and building) would pretty much agree LOL. Sometimes it's not even because a repair was bad.I have a general set of rules that I follow 99.999% of the time.

1) If it has a screw in tip...I won't even breathe around it for fear that it might infect other cues. Notice I didn't say screw in ferrules because there are a LOT of old Palmers in my area that have screw in ferrules.

2) Someone brought a cue to me last week that had an old shaft with a sticker on it that said (no shit...) "Aged Ramin Wood" Sorry man...you had me saying no at Ramin Wood and laughing at "Aged"

3) Anyone who thinks their cue is worth 1000 x's it's actual value because their uncles, sisters, brothers, first cousins former roommate told them that some guy named Balabushka made it (and won't listen to the harsh reality that Wal-Mart never sold cues for George) can pretty much leave my presence and drink some CA.

4) If I see you abuse the cue (I see this on league nights quite a bit) and then you bring it to me after slapping it around, I very well may not repair it. Slap yourself around for missing the ball numb nuts. The cue didn't miss the ball.

5) If the cost of the repair costs more than the actual value of the cue (unless it really is sentimental) I just won't do it. It's a morals thing.

Erich

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a picture of the cue with its new joint. Replaced the collar on the shaft. I had to dowel both the butt and shaft. I originally thought it was a Trophy joint but the ID of the collar on the butt was too small for that type of joint.

Attachments

• DIY2.jpg
    DIY2.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 152

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a picture of the cue with its new joint. Replaced the collar on the shaft. I had to dowel both the butt and shaft. I originally thought it was a Trophy joint but the ID of the collar on the butt was too small for that type of joint.

That's called Check Mate. Well played Sir.:grin-square:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank gawd this is over and the patient is recovering nicely. Thanks for the update! :thumbup: