who makes the best playing cue???

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ok im not knocking esthetics
but if you play and dont care about solid gold inlays etc
who in you opinion makes the best PLAYING cue???

also what specs

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
best playing cue I've ever owned was a Mason Houghland, cocobolo and maple cue, 57.5 inches, stiff hit.

I miss that cue.

For me the other cuemakers I've owned are Joey Bautista, Eric Crisp, Tim Scruggs.

Cues I've tried and would like to own based on playing a few racks are David Kersenbrock (spelling may be wrong), Murray Tucker III, Mike Cochran, Dennis Searing, and Jeff Onley.

some of those cues I'll own of course, some like DK, MC, and DS I won't ever own unless I win the lottery.

fatsix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lambros........ Although many of them ended up overseas, when one pops up for sale used they don't last long. There's a reason for that.:thumbup:

^^^^
Agree. I have one, and it's the shit. Hit, balance and feel is top notch. You can order directly from mike.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My buddy has a LAMBROS it plays very well. Honestly "BEST" is like asking for a personal "FAVORITE".

Some say TACO BELL is the Best Tacos on earth, I personally like Taco from a small stand in Los Algodones Baja Mexico.

My daily player is a Carter Titlist Conversion. When I am playing great it is me, not the Cue!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
My buddy has a LAMBROS it plays very well. Honestly "BEST" is like asking for a personal "FAVORITE".

Some say TACO BELL is the Best Tacos on earth, I personally like Taco from a small stand in Los Algodones Baja Mexico.

My daily player is a Carter Titlist Conversion. When I am playing great it is me, not the Cue!

Only homeless people think Taco Bell is good
The TS asked for an opinion
Why do you make it complicated Bruce?

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best

I have owned just about all the top cues thereis and have hit and played with them. There are 3 that I consider the best. I repeat That I consider.They would be Hercek cues a really solid well built cue that is made to play and last a lifetime, very very consistent. Blackboar, the 6 and the 8 points. I loved the hit and feel of the 6 points until i accquired a 8 point ,you would need to play with one as I can not describe in words how well it plays, but I can tell you it makes playing very pleasurable. The 3rd would be lambros with the ultra joint ( today all his cues come with the ultra joint) I was pplaying with one years ago in a Poolroom and a fellow on the next table tells me he never heard a cue with such a great sound when it hit a ball.he asked abt. it I let him hit some with it and he ordered one. Again this is just my opinion on various cues.

asiasdad

Banned
My experience:

1. Lambros
2. Murray Tucker
3. TAD

There's a lot of other ones very close to TAD, even equal to it, however
for the money the others are much more expensive.

Bang for buck, I'm staying with Lambros.

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
Omega/DPK is the best hitting I've ever owned. Had a Tim Scruggs which hit too soft for me but still incredible.

That I haven't owned, Richard Harris and Sugartree hit really well. Hit with a Gina over the weekend and it was really nice as well.

-s

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a lot of cues and also sold many, my own favorite players are Lambros, DZ, QP, BHQ. THey all play very consistent, straight, nicely balanced etc.
But to name the best I would say Mike Lambros - his cues (tried several and have a several) are fantastic, he is also very knowledgeable and very nice to do business with. Not to mention they are very nicely done also, fit, finish, inlays, points etc etc.
DZ I have 2 and both are great cues, BHQ I have one and it fits my style also, QP I have sold and have several - great playing cues.

Please ask if you want further information.

Take care

Chrippa
(Sweden)

9BallKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
imo

tony @bb
tim scruggs
mike cochran
dave barenbrugge
randy mobley
eric crisp
tascarella
james white
dennis searing
bob frey
cory barnhart

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Here's a few cues that I like to play with.
Any of them could be considered "The Best"

Cognoscenti
Josswest
South West
Ernie Martinez
James White
Tim Scruggs
Jensen
Tad
Judd Fuller
Chris Byrne
Colorado Cues
Andy Gilbert
Dave Kikel
Cory Barnhart

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of the ones i have owned Barry,Searing,Gus,Schick,Southwest,Perry Weston,Mike Bender,Gina, Jerry R, all of them thier wasnt one I didnt like or wish I still had. Good luck getting one of them though.

I have a new John Bender that i haven't hit yet but this is the second cue I have of his so that should say something. Hit is very personal but to be honest you have to play a few and see what you like. I truely believe that any of the more respected builders on AZ turn out a cue that hits look at this tread in cue reviews(stiffest and most solid cue that you've hit with??? ) or this trhead in the general forum (What's the best cue you've ever shot with? ).

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a few cues that I like to play with.
Any of them could be considered "The Best"

Cognoscenti
Josswest
South West
Ernie Martinez
James White
Tim Scruggs
Jensen
Tad
Judd Fuller
Chris Byrne
Colorado Cues
Andy Gilbert
Dave Kikel
Cory Barnhart

Not even an honorable mention for my Lucasi?
See if you get anymore rides home :mad:

Last edited:

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's which ever I screw together

I usually shoot with like 2 of 10 cues along. Its a mental perspective. I can warm up (get excited playing with them all.) There's some addition fine tuning(thickness for tips , ivory) Length, or not-)gambling I always prefer wrapless(I sweat )and hold the chalk bridge hand. Every cue I have so far is an exceptional Player. I feel because in 45 yrs I should know all the different preferences. It s the Indian not just a big quiver of arrows. You can be a world champion- and use the cue tech(with his mcdermott shaft- of old (earl strickland) (new sponsor shane- does he play better with his mothers cue(schon and his Joss shaft Hell yes, can he beat the world with a sponsor' s cue hell yes. Just takes practice with the sp.cue mark

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll stick with JoeyInCali waiting on my 2nd. I think that what he is making now is even a bit superior to my current Bubinga and his other cues of the past. Like all things pertaining to cues this statement is pretty subjective but if you like a stiff, solid hit he is a pretty good bet.