USBTC 2016 location?? Date??

406Luke

Has anything been said about the location and/or dates of the 2016 US bar table championships? Last I heard was Mark and Ozzy saying that it likely wouldn't be at the Grand Sierra and possibly not in Reno. :eek:

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
CSI hasn't posted anything on their website yet. I e-mailed them about a month ago, they said they will announce it as soon as they have a venue. I for one hope they find something in the reno area again.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ozzy mentioned Vegas in the last CSI podcast.

Prolly consolidate into the July CSI events in Vegas..BCAPL. Mostly bar boxes there for the BCAPL... Question IS are they ALL (2016 US OPEN EVENTS In Vegas mid july) going to be on bar boxes . IE For the US Open 10b (JULY 22) and 8B (JULY 27)? If so did the Reno Feb bar box event just get "disappeared"?

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin made announcement in Main regarding US Open 1 pocket and Straight Pool and was asked about USBTC and he stated they're finalizing the deal and would have info out in a couple days but basically in Vegas May 16 or 17 to 23 or 24. I've never been to this and am looking forward to attending this year.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any update on this?? Sounded like date/venue was all but done, but that's been 3 weeks ago.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Ozzy Reynolds this morning (Mon Mar 7): "Unfortunately, not yet. We have had real challenges with venues but we are still working on it."

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still no info for Mid-May (Vegas)?? It must be cancelled now. Maybe someone can verify??

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello? Anyone?

Kidding aside, would like to know if there's some sort of idea for when this could go down.

Mrdodd72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SOAB!! That tournament was on my bucket list!! Guess it gets moved to the F*ckit list. shit

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
August 22-28 in Vegas at the Westgate. Haven't ever been to Reno so I don't know what it was like there. I've been to a tourney at the Westgate and seems like a real nice place to hold it. Nicely done by Ozzy and crew.

For me personally kind of a bummer as far as timing. Decent chance I'll be there the week prior for APA Masters & possibly 9ball team so unlikely to make this.

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any Idea what the seating will be like for this event? Last event I attended in Vegas you pretty much had to stand on the top row of the bleachers to see. It got old fast.
Thanks, Steve