Best 2 1/4" Cue Ball

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Yes the blue circle comes with the cents.
There is a blue dot. It is heavy to return in the old dynamo and other bar tables. Not the big ball but a heavy balll

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
cigardave said:
BB - I'll do some more drop tests... this time comparing the measles cue ball against the object balls in my Super Aramith Pro set. I anticipate the object balls will out-rebound the measles cue ball... just like the Super Aramith Pro (red logo) cue ball did.

And I also have a black circle cue ball, which I'll weigh and drop test as well.
The black circle CB that I have weighs 162 g., same as the Measles CB that I have.

I drop-tested the black circle against the measles CB and got the same result as when I compared the Aramith red logo to the measles... the measles CB doesn't bounce anywhere near as high (by ~8") as the black circle (and the red logo)... leading me to believe that the phenolic resins in the black circle and the red logo are the same... and those used in the measles CB are quite different.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
I just bought a red circle cue ball for my buddy and weighed it before giving it to him as a gift.

It weighed 168 grams... same weight as my red logo Super Aramith Pro ball.

So, in summary, my red logo and red circle weigh the same (168 g.), which is the same weight as my set of Super Aramith Pro balls (167-168 g.).

And my Measles and my black circle cue balls weigh the same (162 g.).

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mosconiac said:
I just got a chance to weigh another common cue ball. Here it is:

Aramith "red logo" CB: 5.96 oz
aramith20red20logo20cue20ball.jpg

This cue ball is heavier than the measels and red circle cueballs we are used to seeing. Interestingly, it is nearly identical in weight to the green logo (magnetic) cueball.

Ok, I know a place here is town that has those exact cueballs only the marking on them is blue. What kind of ball is that? They are using 'em with Centenials and the cue balls seem heavy and sluggish to me when I play over there.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
cigardave said:
I just bought a red circle cue ball for my buddy and weighed it before giving it to him as a gift.

It weighed 168 grams... same weight as my red logo Super Aramith Pro ball.

So, in summary, my red logo and red circle weigh the same (168 g.), which is the same weight as my set of Super Aramith Pro balls (167-168 g.).

And my Measles and my black circle cue balls weigh the same (162 g.).

My results:

Aamith logo ball 168g same as object balls

Measles ball 167g

Blue circle 168g

Red circle 161g

The red circle is about 8 years old

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Marop said:
My results:

Aamith logo ball 168g same as object balls

Measles ball 167g

Blue circle 168g

Red circle 161g

The red circle is about 8 years old
Mine was brand new... not even hit once.