Leon Sly Cue ...

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Wow I got a cue in from Leon Sly today Leon and I have been talking over the phone the past week or so and have become friends a friendship shared between Leon and Jeff Eason and I ... If you have never talked to Leon you need to the guy is pretty funny and great to deal with. It just makes buying one of his cue all that much better...

Well I got the cue today I swear I had to put on shades to unpack this thing it had that much of a shine to it ... This is one of the best cues I have owned ... The hit is out of this world ... Leon told me that nothing hits better then a cocobollo jointed cue and after hitting with this one I believe him the hit is phenominol.... It has the coco joint ... a straight maple forearm and some of the nicest coco in the butt sleeve and points I have seen ... It don't really show in the pictures I'm going to post but the coco in this cue is two dimensional and has alot of depth to it... Leon has a knack for picking some of the prettiest woods I have seen...

The shaft is the best work I have ever seen Leon told me it is like glass going through your hands ... But glass cuts , I have never felt a shaft so smooth in my life ... This shaft feels like silk sliding through your hands how he gets them so smooth is beyond me but until you hit with a Sly and feel that shaft going through your fingers you will never feel a shaft that smooth in your life ... It has a Ivory ferrell on it and a everest tip and it is a great combo ...

The cue is 58 inces in length and 19.4 ozs ...in wieght... For a 360.00 cue this thing hits like it should cost thousands ... I'm totaly blown away by this cue and I have Leon building me another one already this one will be in quilted maple ... The balance in the cue is perfect the cue feels like it is a part of your arm... It is no wonder some call him the Sly Master this guy does awesome work ... It will not be long till he is at the top at this rate... You better get in the Sly Masters Band wagon while you still can this guy is going places ....

Thanks for the Cue Leon and I'm looking forward to the next one ...

Here are the pictures ....

SlyHoppe-1.jpg

SlyHoppe3.jpg

SlyHoppe2.jpg

SlyHoppe.jpg

Last edited:

Flipmode

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy of mine MBTaylor on here just bought one of his cues. Probably the absolute BEST looking sneaky Ive ever seen AND plays like a champ! Ive been debating on getting a Sly or a Frey for a little while now but after hitting both the decision has gotten a little harder. Hopefully Matt can post pics of his cue because it is gorgeous. Congrats on your cue!

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice review. I have a friend that owns a Sly & he loves it.
For the money Leon charges for his sneakys its hard to beat that.

MBTaylor

Banned
When I get around to getting some pics taken I will post them.

Personally I love it. It has a brass radial pin, rosewood joint/points/handle and tulip wood butt and forearm. The tulip wood is REALLY nicely grained and sort of a dark color. No rings or veneers, just the wood. Hits ****ing great too, imho.

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Lol....

MBTaylor ... Looking forward to seeing your Sly ... I have to agree I don't think I have ever had a stick that hits as well as this Sly ... I've had it two days now and love it ... It gives good feedback and allows you to do what you want with the cue ball... It is already a cue that I trust in very much...

No PII you cannot buy it ...lol... Your going to have to get LEON to make you one ... It seems everything he puts on here sells in about 30 mins ... It is no wonder as these cues are awesome...

Flipmode never hit a Frey so I can't compare the two but I know by owning a Sly or two that you can't go wrong with a Sly ... The Sly Master puts them together and makes a awesome player he uses all number one materials clear down to the glue ... These cues are not coming apart and are built to last ...

True Story ... Last week I got a Sly in trade it was Bicote and Purple heart a very nice Sly ... I showed it to Jeff Eason who liked it as much as I did ... He told me he wanted it because Sly is his mentor and is helping him get started in cue building ... At first I told him no way and chuckled about it ... Then I got to thinking about it and knew how much it would mean to him so I gave the cue to Jeff... Understand Jeff is like my best friend and we spend hours together each day playing ... Jeff is a awesome guy ... Of course Jeff promised too make me a J/B and gave me his first J/B he ever made ... But I still miss that cue .. Though this new one makes it much easeir to bare...

The only thing about these Sly's is you need to also invest in a good pair of Oakley Sunglasses because the finish is so nice the glare from the light will blind you ...

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I`m gonna have to get me a Sly sneaky one of these days.
Leon sure builds beautiful cues & from what I hear they hit pretty good to.

KillerBee69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Attention!!!!More than sneekies!

I will have to agree,Leon makes the best sneekies around,but you also need to see or play with his higher end cues! I own a Sly 4point-4 veneer custom cue..pics coming soon..and am currently awaitng the arrival of his wrapless cue line coming soon!!(Which I have already claimed a Brazilian Rosewood-Tiger Maple handle from this line-up!!) I CANT WAIT!!!....Folks,these wrapless players or going to have some of the best exotic woods that Leon could find,or money would buy! I already know,my Brazian/Tiger cue WILL BE THE NUTZ!!!! I have already owned at least 10 Sly cues,and couldnt even imagine playing with anything else! If you want the best,buy a Sly like the rest!!

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Can't wait to see your Sly ...

I already told Leon I wanted to get a look at his new line of wrapless cues that are suppose to be the Nutzzzz... He showed me some pics of the wood and it is awesome out of this world wood ... Like you I can hardly wait to see these cues ... I told him I was most likley going to get one of those cues too...

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
KillierBee69

Hey man I been talking to Leon and got me one of his Exotic Wrapless cues coming also (Sounds like a strip show)... Like yours mine will be Brazillain Rosewood and Curly Maple ... But it will not look the same as yours ... It is going to be the nutzzzz... Have you seen any of the woods he is using??? He has shown me some of it and it is out of this world figured ... Leon must of went down to Africa or wherever they get this wood at and hand picked this stuff.... I thought about asking him to grab me one of those big Boa Constrictors up off one of those trees down there while picking out the wood, Leon's a bad man with this nice of wood ...And I could use a nice wrap but then I figured these cues and woods are going to be too pretty to cover up ...

He has already sold like 4 of these and is only making 10 and he has not even started them yet .... I'm glad we are getting in on the first batch because I imagine these things are going to shoot up in price once people see them.... The Curly is some of the prettiest I have ever seen....

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Sly is right on the money. I also have a Jacoby with a cocobolo joint and radial pin and the cue hits lights out. I would really love to try a Sly one of these days. Nice cue!

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
You really should try a Sly ....

You really should try a Sly they are lights out the best cue I have played with to date... I have never felt a shaft as smooth as he sends them out ... Even his Sneaky Pete's hit like high end cues ... I have a Sneaky of his ... And he is making me a Quilted Maple cue and a Brazailian Rosewood and Curly Maple that is made out of some highly figured woods .... These cues will be beautiful and should be here late August early September they come with two shafts ...He is going to make 10 of these that he claims will rival Sugartrees cue line as far as looks and I know how high of a quality cue he builds they are top of the line.... As I said he is making 10 and already has 4 sold before he even started on them... If they go off like he figures the next batch is going to cost alot more ... I'm glad I got in on the first batch....

Try a Sly
And your see why
It's the only cue you need to buy ....

Last edited: