Cue Maker's List

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been putting a listing together of all the cuemakers I can find in the US, but I'm not sure how up to date some of the material I've found is. If anyone would like to add their info, examples of their work etc to the listing that would be great, or if you are already on the list and your info is out of date please let me know and I'll update it. The list is completely public, and for anyone to use. I'm just trying to get it as accurate as possible.

I'm concerned with cuemakers at this point, so if you only do repairs, then maybe we'll get a list up for that as well, seems it could be quite helpful, but this initial list is for Cuemakers only please.

Membership is not required to view the list.

http://www.classifiedbilliards.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=402

Thanks in advance for any help on this venture.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are hundreds that I know that are not on the list.
If someone was local and wanted to go into my files and type it all up they could get the names. But I am way too slow of a typer to try and do it. :smile:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hundreds? Yikes,,,,,,,are these repairmen or cuemakers Chris?

I'm initially just trying to get custom cuemakers done. I know there are way more cue repair guys, but that's another project.

Thanks

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are hundreds that I know that are not on the list.
If someone was local and wanted to go into my files and type it all up they could get the names. But I am way too slow of a typer to try and do it. :smile:

I have the list from the ACA, which has many that I do not yet have added, but the problem is they are just names, without contact info, so listing them as such really does them no good publicity wise. Some are hyperlinked, but many of the links are broken, so it's gonna take a bit more work yet to get this in a useful state, for both the cuemakers as well as the public.

Any info that anyone has on the ACA members would be quite helpful.

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Todd isn't dead.
He found a better paying job.
We actually worked for the same company for a while.
Last I heard he was still there working as a painter.
So I guess that would be retired from cue making.

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
Hey Renegade,
I think its a great idea, but the subject matter is so dynamic that its constantly changing. As a database guy I would suggest an online form that makers can update themselves. BTW Huebler is in Missouri not Minnesota....awesome idea but its like nailing jello to a tree.......

Larry

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Renegade,
I think its a great idea, but the subject matter is so dynamic that its constantly changing. As a database guy I would suggest an online form that makers can update themselves. BTW Huebler is in Missouri not Minnesota....awesome idea but its like nailing jello to a tree.......

Larry

Thanks, you guys are awesome when you wanna be, LOL,,,,,,I'll update the Huebler info,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know people come and go, but the cues live on,,,,,,

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
Well let me know if I can help........same issue in the knife world. Sharepoint format is ideal so user can edit their own..........maybe a simple form so you or your people dont have to edit / enter the info. Maybe Hightower could scan his info in so he would'nt have to retype it........

Many hands make for light work........... just saying.

Larry

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hundreds? Yikes,,,,,,,are these repairmen or cuemakers Chris?

I'm initially just trying to get custom cuemakers done. I know there are way more cue repair guys, but that's another project.

Thanks
Yes, there are hundreds of cuemakers in the USA. Best guess would be a few thousand repairmen.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Renegade, great idea but may I make a suggestion? Cues are not like pool tables where for obvious reasons you are usually interested in buying locally. With custom cues most have an idea who they want to have build a cue and are simply searching for the contact info.

With that in mind perhaps you could have a sticky at the top of the forum that list all cue makers alphabetically and the state to make it easier to find the particular builder. That way if you're looking for Ed Prewitt, for example, you don't have to hunt through all the states to find him. Plus, if the guy you're looking for is not on the master list then you don't waste your time looking for info that isn't there.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Renegade, great idea but may I make a suggestion? Cues are not like pool tables where for obvious reasons you are usually interested in buying locally. With custom cues most have an idea who they want to have build a cue and are simply searching for the contact info.

With that in mind perhaps you could have a sticky at the top of the forum that list all cue makers alphabetically and the state to make it easier to find the particular builder. That way if you're looking for Ed Prewitt, for example, you don't have to hunt through all the states to find him. Plus, if the guy you're looking for is not on the master list then you don't waste your time looking for info that isn't there.

Interesting, as well as helpful. Yes this is very doable. The way I have this listing set up is so that if a particular cuemaker has a few cues he'd like to post to show his work, he can simply find his listing on the state list and then post images of his work within his personal thread, and also if people have questions for him, then they can ask them in his personal thread,,,,,,so it's structured the way it is because I see it as having alot more potential than just a list of names, for both the Cuemaker and potential customers.

But, the master list is a great idea, and I can link each cuemakers name on the Master list to his Personal Forum in the State List.

I also see the state list as very useful for travelers, I mean, if I was taking a trip to Florida, I'd almost certainly wanna plan on swinging by Chris Nitti's shop,,,,,,for example (but it's true).

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, there are hundreds of cuemakers in the USA. Best guess would be a few thousand repairmen.

Yes there are Chris,,,I have 350 or so listed so far,,,and adding more daily as I'm getting good response here through PM's to add cuemakers to the list,,,and with the way I structured the list each listing can be a "gallery" for that cuemaker, should they decide to take advantage of it. Each cuemaker can add images, bio, available cues, etc,,,,,,,,should prove to be very useful to everyone if it's used right.

Dogsplayingpool mentioned an alphabetical master list, which I'm going to do as time permits, with each cuemaker hyperlinked to their state listing, which can have whatever info, images, etc they wish to share or advertise.