Question about Instroke Premiere 2x4 Vinyl Case

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After owning a Porper 2x4 case for many years, I decided to upgrade to an Instroke 2x4 Premiere Vinyl case. I just received the case from an Amazon 3rd party retailer yesterday. The Instroke case does look very nice and holds the cues very snug, but I just noticed that the center and back of the case has considerable "give" where I can feel the internal plastic tubes through the vinyl exterior. Is this normal for Instroke vinyl tube cases? My old Porper vinyl always felt stiff throughout its length. This soft feel doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the new case.

As an alternative, I'm also looking at a Poison 2x4 black case with a zipper top. Would this have the same soft-feel as the Instroke, or will it be considerably stiffer like Porper cases?

Any replies are appreciated.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
an upgrade would be to the instroke cowboy cases in leather instead of vinyl, or even those copies from china.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
an upgrade would be to the instroke cowboy cases in leather instead of vinyl, or even those copies from china.

Thanks for that, but I have to try to keep cost below $250 to avoid wife agro.

:D

I'm open to other suggestions besides Instroke. My other case requirements include:

-tube case, 2x4 capacity
-stiff / solid feel or construction throughout the case length
-at least one side pocket must be able to hold a cue ball
-adjustable shoulder strap
-soft internal lining, and cue parts must be held in soft internal "sleeves" -- no hard rubber brackets touching the cues

Rackattach

Banned
To answer your question:
Yes it's normal because the tubes are the true protectors of the cue. The porper is molded which is why the cues only go in tip/joint end first.

Porper in my opinion makes the best cases out there. My advice is keep the instroke but if you're not thrilled then get another porper 2x4.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To answer your question:
Yes it's normal because the tubes are the true protectors of the cue. The porper is molded which is why the cues only go in tip/joint end first.

Porper in my opinion makes the best cases out there. My advice is keep the instroke but if you're not thrilled then get another porper 2x4.

Thank you for the above -- this was the info I was seeking. After talking with the sales reps at Seyberts.com, I decided to try out the Poison Armored 2x4. Its set-up was soft internal tube pockets like the Instroke, but with a much stiffer exterior in the price range I was allowed. I'll post a follow-up review in the next few days.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Poison Armored 2x4 case turned out to have only soft sleeves/pockets separating each cue component, so it will not have the same protection as the Instroke with separate plastic tubes for each piece. I'll be sending it back shortly.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heartily recommend the Stout cases at Seybert's. There are those on this website that don't like them only because they say they're knockoffs of JB cases, but I tried to order a JB case and neither my calls nor emails were ever returned so I went to Seybert's, got the Stout 3x4 case in a couple days. I keep my Pechauer and McDermott cues in it and feel they are absolutely protected. Great cases.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had my instroke vinyl 3x5 for 5 years. No issues what so ever especially for the price of $150. The vinyl walls are somewhat thin but sturdy enough to protect my cues. I always opt for hard tubes instead of the sleeves. Seems safer to me.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
A upgrade is the jb rugged, my personal opinion it is the best case available in the sub 500 range, and at under 200 for a 2x4 it is a bargain.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I heartily recommend the Stout cases at Seybert's. There are those on this website that don't like them only because they say they're knockoffs of JB cases, but I tried to order a JB case and neither my calls nor emails were ever returned so I went to Seybert's, got the Stout 3x4 case in a couple days. I keep my Pechauer and McDermott cues in it and feel they are absolutely protected. Great cases.
Wow. I hope you also will warranty the knockoff cases as well. You're going to take every chance to knock me because of your own lack of persistence?

Strangely enough thousands of people other than you manage to get JB Cases each year. If it's me an I send a couple emails that don't get answered then I think maybe they aren't landing in front of someone's eyeballs. I then start looking for other ways to contact people like say, phone numbers, such as the three currently listed on our site and the four that were there until a month ago.

You claim your calls and emails were not returned but since you're anonymous there is no way for me to verify this. Tell us your name and I will look it up.

Other wise keep doing this and I will respond the same way everytime. Each time you knock me I will respond and people can go to our site and see how horrible we are......I am pretty sure the majority of them will find a way to get a response and order the JB Case that they want. Which comes with a life time warranty and is way ahead of the knockoff you tout but won't warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
After owning a Porper 2x4 case for many years, I decided to upgrade to an Instroke 2x4 Premiere Vinyl case. I just received the case from an Amazon 3rd party retailer yesterday. The Instroke case does look very nice and holds the cues very snug, but I just noticed that the center and back of the case has considerable "give" where I can feel the internal plastic tubes through the vinyl exterior. Is this normal for Instroke vinyl tube cases? My old Porper vinyl always felt stiff throughout its length. This soft feel doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the new case.

As an alternative, I'm also looking at a Poison 2x4 black case with a zipper top. Would this have the same soft-feel as the Instroke, or will it be considerably stiffer like Porper cases?

Any replies are appreciated.
I firmly believe that our cases provide better protection than both Instroke and Porper cases. Our tubes are tougher and or interiors are highly padded.

I founded Instroke and the quality and protection of the interior is not as well done as when I was responsible for the construction. Everything I developed and learned from the 13 years I was with Instroke is in our cases along with dozens of improvements.

If you have the tolerance to maybe not get answers instantly then I think you will be well pleased with construction and protection our cases deliver. And you literally have billions of designs at your fingertips due to the breadth of models, colors, interior choices, and decoration options. Custom is not just a word with us, it is a fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

KWilliams

Registered
I just ordered a 2x2 Instroke Premier from Seyberts. It will be my first high quality case. Can't wait for it to arrive.

From these posts, I might also have to take a look at the JB cases too.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I've had MANY cases over the years (McDermott Felini case, McDermott hard clam shell, It's George, and an Instroke Cowboy). The Instroke was the best, until I got a JB Mason 3x6. No problems with the order (in fact, John didn't like one of the pockets and made his guys start over, only cost about a week's worth of time). Karen Barton responded to all my emails, all courtesy, all prompt. Kept me updated with in progress photos. About 7 weeks from initial email to delivery to a very satisfied customer. Best case I've EVER seen, let alone owned. I'll never put my cues in anything else.

Attachments

• Case One.jpg
    Case One.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 551
  • Case TWO.jpg
    Case TWO.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 553