Leagues numbers going down

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Chip,

Disagree league numbers are dropping. Some of the changes involve new national or regional leagues starting up and draining the existing league players. Also, many more pool rooms are going to in-house leagues so they do not have to pay a national sanctioning body a fee per player.

Really the only way to find out what is happening is for APA, BCAPL, USAPL, ACS, VNEA, NAPA, TAP and the other major sanctioning bodies to give out their membership numbers. Ain't gonna happen!

Doubt very highly pool is dying out. Just changing the demographics.

Lyn

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Quote:
"Doubt very highly pool is dying out.
Just changing the demographics."

From what to what?

Old to older?

Half of the Pool Rooms in my city have closed due to lease costs and problems with City ordinances.
Not to mention lack of league sign-ups.

Last edited:

Gary Sanossian

Nineballgs
Quote:
"Doubt very highly pool is dying out.
Just changing the demographics."

From what to what?

Old to older?

Half of the Pool Rooms in my city have closed due to lease costs and problems with City ordinances.
Not to mention lack of league sign-ups.

Just my "TWO CENTS"......Pool is not dying....it is dead....has been dead for years....and will never come back......Would you like to no why....???? People in general have much too much to do today.....and Poker has done more than its share to kill what was once a great "Game of Kings"....It will never come back......Period....Just my two cents......

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what's happening in California is a good example for the pool
scene and other things going on in America. Here, an 8 table place, just
started our BCA season, the secretary out performed with an additional 3
teams, now 9, loaded with players. His team and one other are stacked
with 9's, our job is to give them, beside being feed stock, as much heart burn as possible.

The future is bright, think racing, odds and ________ .... and, w e l l
something else.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
In Huntsville AL we are doing fine. There are approximately 100 APA teams that shoot Monday through Thursday and another 50 or so teams that shoot once-a-month on Saturdays and Sundays. These teams are spread across 5 major venues with 14 to 28 tables each. We send three 8-Ball and three 9-Ball teams to Vegas each year. There are another 30 or so teams in surrounding towns so figure over 150 teams in the North Alabama region.

Pool is going strong enough in this area that the APA could increase fees from $7 to $8 a game. BCA has very limited participation in this area due to past management issues.

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...Huntsville? I saw a little action there last night. :wink: