Cue Review of Billy Webb Custom Cue

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently purchased a 6 pt Billy Webb custom cue from Craig Rittel (Manwon). I will provide a detailed review to include customer service before, during and after the sale. If there is any information I forget to post about this cue please let me know and I will add it. I will place the review later today, once i resize the photos. So, stay tuned.

V/r
Richard

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Con't of Billy Webb Cue review and personal purchase

Okay about the cue.
First off, it is a 6pt cue with 3 high and 3 low. The pin is a 3/8-10 flat face.
The joint is black phenolic with on silver ring about .15" thick.
Weights: Dimensions:
Butt: 15.1 oz Joint: .850 above wrap 1.015 below: 1.205 butt:1.265
Shaft 1: 4.2 oz Joint: .850 Base of ferrule: 12.8mm
Shaft 2: 4.5 oz Joint: .850 Base of ferrule: 12.8mm
The balance point is approximately 19 inches from the butt. The forearm is cored with maple. The butt has a parabolic taper and the shafts have a modified pro taper about 10 to 12 inches long. The finish is automotive clear coat and is perfect. My pics are too large at this time and i have to take them to work to resize them. So, once they are loaded they can speak for themselves.
The cue has a very stiff hit with great feed back (i know this is subjective) but personally i would say stiff, medium/hard. Cue is very consistent hitting no matter if center ball hits to extreme english. I would recommend these cues to anyone looking for a reliable cue at a moderate price. I definitely feel these cues are under priced.
As far as dealing with Craig, he is a stand up guy that gives you more than what you expect. For example, he did not like the color of the wrap on the cue that i bought and changed to a great match for the cue. Also, the first cue I was going to purchase had a blemish in the finish and he brought it to my attention and offered me an alternative. (i am talking about a blemish that the light had to be just right to see, nothing major)
As far as my dealings with Mr. Webb personally, he is a stand up gentleman that gives his customers more than what they buy. He is willing to go above and beyond the normal business protocol to ensure his customers are satisfied with there purchase.
I highly recommend these cues to anyone in the market...
Pics will be up tomorrow.
Richard

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some pics more to come

Here are some pic of the cue with more to come...
Richard

Attachments

• IMG_0369_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0369_1_1_1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_0373_1_4_1.JPG
    IMG_0373_1_4_1.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,065
  • IMG_0376_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0376_1_1_1.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_0385_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0385_1_1.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,034

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
rsmith_1972 said:
Okay about the cue.
First off, it is a 6pt cue with 3 high and 3 low. The pin is a 3/8-10 flat face.
The joint is black phenolic with on silver ring about .15" thick.
Weights: Dimensions:
Butt: 15.1 oz Joint: .850 above wrap 1.015 below: 1.205 butt:1.265
Shaft 1: 4.2 oz Joint: .850 Base of ferrule: 12.8mm
Shaft 2: 4.5 oz Joint: .850 Base of ferrule: 12.8mm
The balance point is approximately 19 inches from the butt. The forearm is cored with maple. The butt has a parabolic taper and the shafts have a modified pro taper about 10 to 12 inches long. The finish is automotive clear coat and is perfect. My pics are too large at this time and i have to take them to work to resize them. So, once they are loaded they can speak for themselves.
The cue has a very stiff hit with great feed back (i know this is subjective) but personally i would say stiff, medium/hard. Cue is very consistent hitting no matter if center ball hits to extreme english. I would recommend these cues to anyone looking for a reliable cue at a moderate price. I definitely feel these cues are under priced.
As far as dealing with Craig, he is a stand up guy that gives you more than what you expect. For example, he did not like the color of the wrap on the cue that i bought and changed to a great match for the cue. Also, the first cue I was going to purchase had a blemish in the finish and he brought it to my attention and offered me an alternative. (i am talking about a blemish that the light had to be just right to see, nothing major)
As far as my dealings with Mr. Webb personally, he is a stand up gentleman that gives his customers more than what they buy. He is willing to go above and beyond the normal business protocol to ensure his customers are satisfied with there purchase.
I highly recommend these cues to anyone in the market...
Pics will be up tomorrow.
Richard

Thanks very much for your comments, Billy certainly makes a great playing cue, and the way they are priced they are certainly a great deal also.

If anyone is looking for a great playing cue, contact me, I still some Butterfly and some Six point cues available.

Thanks again Richard, that was a very professional review.

Take Care

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
Billy makes some of the nicest cues! and his cues play jam up! he has a steady taper and his attention to detail and choice of wood is great, and most of all he is a incredible guy !!call him and get on his list ,he doesnt make many cues

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Richard's Cue

I got to hit some balls with this cue this evening and it hits awsome! Workmanship appeared very nice as well, hard to beat for the price, think I know what I'd like next :)