It has been brought to my attention

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first started using Ultraskin tips about 5 or 6 years ago, and I've had to replace them exactly twice, once on each of my two shafts. They perform every bit as well as far more expensive tips, and in my experience are quite a bit more durable. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would trash a product that's a 10 on a 10 scale by any reasonable standard. Keep up the good work.

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glazing... . Is it caused from lack of maintenance?
I probably replaced about 8 of them for free with other tips at my cost. I never complained or said anything bad. I just have a client-tell that likes the 'K - Tips' better. And I can say that I had the same experience with other non-k Tips also and have had to discontinue them as well. Yes tip paint is a large part of it, but when the customer has it in their head that the 'K-tip' is the best there is, then anything else and will be a tough sell. I experienced the glaze over myself, but I chalked it up to experience and did not ***** and complain. Maybe I had a bad batch... never know. But he does have a following, and most people like them.

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate to be ‘that guy,’ but your post kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I’m really not sure what the purpose is to be honest. You initially mention that you don’t feel you’ve had an ‘above board’ complaint (whatever the hell that means) about yourself or tips in the seven years you’ve been selling them. I find that incredibly naive/arrogant. And if that is indeed the case then someone included in this thread said that they stopped using them because they glazed over, so if that was what you were looking for...mission accomplished.

Also, I dont understand the relevance of including your recent medical issues in the thread. Please don’t color me unsympathetic. I have had many major surgeries myself. Just don’t understand why you chose to type that unless maybe your recovery had an impact on your business/customer service and you felt the need to address that? Again, the people who only have this thread as a point of reference have no idea what you are talking about and you have done little to clarify.

Lastly, it seems as though you are threatening the entire community with withdrawing your product with the ‘this is where it all started and might end’ comment (my memory of your quote as I didn’t quote your post to pick it apart word for word). Just seems wrong to punish the many to address the few. It’s obvious the majority of people like your tips. And like many have said you aren’t going to please everyone. I guess I just don’t understand what you are trying to do here beyond making me no longer be one of your customers.

Just feels like you are looking to have it out with someone you felt wronged you and if that’s it, more power to you. I just don’t think it’s worth doing at the expense of some of your most loyal followers.
These forums can be very '*****y' at times and sometimes people are not diplomatic about their opinions. As a former cue maker , I got tired of defending myself online like Tom is doing. I commend Tom for trying to stay onto of things and keep his reputation intact. It's a difficult thing to put yourself out there and pray the public does not roast you over something small. Keep up the good work Tom

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I probably replaced about 8 of them for free with other tips at my cost. I never complained or said anything bad. I just have a client-tell that likes the 'K - Tips' better. And I can say that I had the same experience with other non-k Tips also and have had to discontinue them as well. Yes tip paint is a large part of it, but when the customer has it in their head that the 'K-tip' is the best there is, then anything else and will be a tough sell. I experienced the glaze over myself, but I chalked it up to experience and did not ***** and complain. Maybe I had a bad batch... never know. But he does have a following, and most people like them.

Wireman, please post your email address so I may check up your buy, I offer a money back guarentee.as it seems you did not complain then,in a PM or Email but you are complaining now for the world to see.

I don't see any transaction reports from me or this K thing you mention.

You do not seem to have many posts for a member since 2013 or where you are from, I used the option to hit on your name and found it interesting where your posts were

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I recommend exactly two brands if its about tips: G2 and Ultraskin. Thats all I need to say :—)

Pangit

Banned
Never used ultra skins, can't say if they are good or bad. It sure looks like a case is brilliant marketing...any news is good news as they say. ;)

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wireman, please post your email address so I may check up your buy, I offer a money back guarentee.as it seems you did not complain then,in a PM or Email but you are complaining now for the world to see.

I don't see any transaction reports from me or this K thing you mention.

You do not seem to have many posts for a member since 2013 or where you are from, I used the option to hit on your name and found it interesting where your posts were

Tom, This was 3 years ago.. no harm no foul. I know other repairman in the area that use your tips and are happy with them. I brought the tips of eBay
if I remember correctly. I really do not post much on this forum.

Bill out

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Dang - need to get that order sent in ... although I'm still a bit confused about the SIB tips. Only been using the Ultra Skins a few months .. but I do like them.