21st Annual Smokey Mountain Shootout

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
I have a new cue and the deflection is minimal, it is called the Low Deflection MG cue and it will be at the 21st Smokey Mountain Shootout in Waynesville, North Carolina starting tomorrow at the Haywood County Fairgrounds 758 Crabtree Rd. The tournament is full, 128 players will compete for a large fist prize featuring players like Shannon Daulton, Wade Crain, Larry Nevel, Keith Bennet, Stevie Moore, Brian White, Scott Rabun, and many more of the top players in the country. There is a Wheelchair event starting tomorrow at 10:AM tomorrow with a few spots available. This is a bar table tournament that will benefit the kids of ARC. It is the best tournament we have in the South and is worth the drive. It will be an auction at 8:00 PM Friday night with first rounds and play all day Saturday and it will finish upon Sunday about 6:00 PM. Come on down and watch the tournament, its free and see my new cues I will be displaying at my cue repair booth.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
This is the first year in a 6 year stretch that I am going to miss the shootout,Waynesville is a beautiful place and Gary and the other people of ARC are great people with a great cause.I here it will b streamed this year,I hope you and the ARC have a great year and I will see you next year,tell Gary I am sorry I missed it but it just wasnt in the cards for me this year.
GOOD LUCK Pete Sellers

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I have a new cue and the deflection is minimal, it is called the Low Deflection MG cue and it will be at the 21st Smokey Mountain Shootout in Waynesville, North Carolina starting tomorrow at the Haywood County Fairgrounds 758 Crabtree Rd. The tournament is full, 128 players will compete for a large fist prize featuring players like Shannon Daulton, Wade Crain, Larry Nevel, Keith Bennet, Stevie Moore, Brian White, Scott Rabun, and many more of the top players in the country. There is a Wheelchair event starting tomorrow at 10:AM tomorrow with a few spots available. This is a bar table tournament that will benefit the kids of ARC. It is the best tournament we have in the South and is worth the drive. It will be an auction at 8:00 PM Friday night with first rounds and play all day Saturday and it will finish upon Sunday about 6:00 PM. Come on down and watch the tournament, its free and see my new cues I will be displaying at my cue repair booth.

Congratulations on the NEW Low Deflection MG Cue, Mike!

Won't be able to make it to the tournamennt but just wanted to wish you good luck with the cue.

You are one of the best INVENTORS in our sport and a player to boot.

Does anyone have a flyer that illustrates the added money or payouts? Since this is one of the bigger tournaments I thought I would add it to another thread..

Lucky Joe

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up Mike sounds like a good day for a motorcycle ride up there. Congratulation on your new LD shaft and the freeze that you put on my OB-2 was the best investment that I could have made. It still looks like new.

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your cues

Hey Mike! Not sure what your new LD cue is, but I love the cue you made for me last year.

I'll be up there for Sunday's final rounds. I never can get off work Saturday, dammit. Hope you have a great tournament. See you Sunday ...

Ted

Surly

This is it.
Silver Member
Does it cost anything to get in? Is there usually plenty of seating? Is there food? Air conditioning? Indoor bathrooms? :D The term Fairgrounds has me worried.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Does it cost anything to get in? Is there usually plenty of seating? Is there food? Air conditioning? Indoor bathrooms? :D The term Fairgrounds has me worried.

Admission is free and they have bleacher seating,they also have great food.and indoor restrooms

Last edited:

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Hey Mike! Not sure what your new LD cue is, but I love the cue you made for me last year.

I'll be up there for Sunday's final rounds. I never can get off work Saturday, dammit. Hope you have a great tournament. See you Sunday ...

Ted

I'm gonna try to get up there Sunday as well, Ted. Hope to see you there...

Mike