CTE pro one DVD

footshooter5

Registered
This is the nature of lining up two 3 dimensions objects in a 2 dimension plane - you are correct, there are theoretically an infinite number of center cue ball spots; however, there is 1 and only 1 CCB spot when the edge of your cue ball is also lined up to let's say spot C on the object ball for a 30 degree right cut shot.

At this point, you've effectively "frozen" the cue ball and limited the infiniteness of the center cue ball point, because you've "trapped" your visual in between TWO lines instead of one. You have to be willing to move your eyes a bit until you can lock this visual perception down. Once you've found it, this begins the foundation for your aim line, and you only need to focus on that center cue ball point (as determined by the above method), and not the object ball. Whether you do a left to center 1/2 pivot, or right to center 1/2 tip pivot is dependent on the orientation of the cue ball and object ball and through some practice.

For me, once I've frozen the cue ball in my visual perception, I ignore everything else, determine if this is going to be a left or right sweep (or 1/2 tip manual pivot - same difference), focus on the center cue ball point, line my tip 1/2 tip on the left or right of my center cue ball spot, pivot the tip to the center, take a few practice strokes, and stroke the ball - all while focusing only on the cue ball.

I hope that was at least a little bit helpful - if not, I can try to break it down some more.

I just don't see it yet. I'll go back and watch DVD #1 again. Maybe it'll sink in. I'm so used to coming down on CCB "aimed" at something. I can imagine the two lines but that just does not help me coming down. On a 15 degree right cut, maybe come down on the CCB to left edge and instantly you know that is too thin, you pivot the cue tip to the right to thicken it up? Think about this: ]CCB can only be defined and found if it's aimed at something! Otherwise, there are infinite CCBs all around the cue ball. Someone please tell me what CCB is aimed at in the above set up shot.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just don't see it yet. I'll go back and watch DVD #1 again. Maybe it'll sink in. I'm so used to coming down on CCB "aimed" at something. I can imagine the two lines but that just does not help me coming down. On a 15 degree right cut, maybe come down on the CCB to left edge and instantly you know that is too thin, you pivot the cue tip to the right to thicken it up? Think about this: ]CCB can only be defined and found if it's aimed at something! Otherwise, there are infinite CCBs all around the cue ball. Someone please tell me what CCB is aimed at in the above set up shot.

Remember what I said about forgetting what you think you know and just following directions? You aren't doing that.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Remember what I said about forgetting what you think you know and just following directions? You aren't doing that.

Quite possibly. I've got a can of beer and starting DVD #1 again with my note pad.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried, I'm currently gonna give up until I can get one on one instruction. lol temporary set back, gonna switch to my zero x drills for now.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting those. I did watch those just now. I'll keep at it. Have you progressed enough that you could pocket balls behind a curtain with CTE? It's just amazing how the system just knows where the balls are on the table.

In bold.

Uh, no. :)

I use CTE to get my body on the correct shot line as seen with my eyes. Don't get me wrong if you follow exactly and I mean exactly what Stan is saying you can't go wrong.

Some folks catch on right away to CTE and for others it could take months and months of dedicated daily practice. I am of the latter. Still working on it and have no intentions of giving up.

Like you, my eyes have always looked for a contact point on the OB (been playing since 1963 at age 15).

This is not the case with CTE. The QB is the target with a fixed QB on any of the CTE OB points, meaning A,B, or C and 1/8th OB. You have to trust where your eyes are leading you.

It's fun learning a new shooting system, keeps you motivated. :)

Stan has stated that he is going to be releasing free CTE YouTube video tutorials later this year along with the release of his new book. So, hang in there.

John

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
In bold.

Uh, no. :)

I use CTE to get my body on the correct shot line as seen with my eyes. Don't get me wrong if you follow exactly and I mean exactly what Stan is saying you can't go wrong.

Some folks catch on right away to CTE and for others it could take months and months of dedicated daily practice. I am of the latter. Still working on it and have no intentions of giving up.

Like you, my eyes have always looked for a contact point on the OB (been playing since 1963 at age 15).

This is not the case with CTE. The QB is the target with a fixed QB on any of the CTE OB points, meaning A,B, or C and 1/8th OB. You have to trust where your eyes are leading you.

It's fun learning a new shooting system, keeps you motivated. :)

Stan has stated that he is going to be releasing free CTE YouTube video tutorials later this year along with the release of his new book. So, hang in there.

John

I'll post the instant I "see the light", so to speak (write). I think the main problem is that this is something that has to be taught in person. Maybe have the two lines with a laser and then It would be so easy for someone to step (sweep) in and crank the cue stick 1/2 tip over. If I can figure out how the CTE system just knows where the balls are located on a pool table (because it's regulation 2 to 1 relationship), I'll travel around city to city spreading the news. Just kidding about the last part. But, it is quite an amazing thing!

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you progressed enough that you could pocket balls behind a curtain with CTE? It's just amazing how the system just knows where the balls are on the table.

I did this several months ago messing around with my Grandson. I showed him the video of Stan doing it, so he says, Can you do that Papa? I said damned if I know, lets see. At that time my table had snooker rails on it with 3 1/4" pockets. I used 2 1/4" brunswick centennials and made the 1st 7 in a row, rattled 2, and then made the 10th ball. It's actually pretty easy. All the shots were about the same, but I didn't mark exact positions. I have since changed the rails for pool with like 5 1/4" pockets, as small as I could get them after removing the snooker bends. I'd bet on 8 out of 10 now for sure.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I did this several months ago messing around with my Grandson. I showed him the video of Stan doing it, so he says, Can you do that Papa? I said damned if I know, lets see. At that time my table had snooker rails on it with 3 1/4" pockets. I used 2 1/4" brunswick centennials and made the 1st 7 in a row, rattled 2, and then made the 10th ball. It's actually pretty easy. All the shots were about the same, but I didn't mark exact positions. I have since changed the rails for pool with like 5 1/4" pockets, as small as I could get them after removing the snooker bends. I'd bet on 8 out of 10 now for sure.

Amazing! Can't wait to advance to that level.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I can do it, anybody can.

Amazing! Can't wait to advance to that level.
I am a new student/user too....very new. I've been studying it from the YouTube videos Mr. Shuffett has made. I'm going to buy his book too when it comes out.
Seeing the perceptions seems very clear (to me). Having BELIEF is the tough part.
I don't know why the 'system' works either, and don't really care, but a giant leap of faith will convince you that it does.
The poster Neil is right....the hardest part is fighting the tendency to do what
we've always done instead of letting the system do the work
I can't tell you how many times recently that I've looked at a shot and would swear that the perception of a "B" on that shot would be too thick and drive the object ball into a rail almost like a bank and miss.....but I went ahead and did what is published on YouTube and the object ball split the pocket.
Mr. Shuffett is a very smart man, I think.
All the best to you.:thumbup:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a new student/user too....very new. I've been studying it from the YouTube videos Mr. Shuffett has made. I'm going to buy his book too when it comes out.
Seeing the perceptions seems very clear (to me). Having BELIEF is the tough part.
I don't know why the 'system' works either, and don't really care, but a giant leap of faith will convince you that it does.
The poster Neil is right....the hardest part is fighting the tendency to do what
we've always done instead of letting the system do the work
I can't tell you how many times recently that I've looked at a shot and would swear that the perception of a "B" on that shot would be too thick and drive the object ball into a rail almost like a bank and miss.....but I went ahead and did what is published on YouTube and the object ball split the pocket.
Mr. Shuffett is a very smart man, I think.
All the best to you.:thumbup:

Great point. As Neil suggests, forget aiming at the object ball. The hard part of this system is not aiming an object ball at a pocket, The aim point is always the same, the cue ball. As you work with it there will be shots that you immediately know how to shoot, left sweep inside or outside, or vise versa, and by simply doing the fundamentals correctly you make the shot, without even looking for a contact point, and nothing more than a glance at the ball position on the table, That's the easy part. The hard part in my experience are those shots that are borderline, say 15 and inside sweep, or 30 and outside sweep, shots where both ways look close, and I think your ultimate success will be in making correct choices. Now for me, if I'm really unsure, sometimes, after I've addressed the ball and am ready to shoot, I may take a quick glance at the line to the contact point to verify it looks correct. Sometimes it does not and I'll try my other choice. Sometimes I get it wrong and miss the shot. What I would like is to know I'm right on every shot and so I'm hoping more experience with the system will eventually overcome my ability to use it incorrectly.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Great point. As Neil suggests, forget aiming at the object ball. The hard part of this system is not aiming an object ball at a pocket, The aim point is always the same, the cue ball. As you work with it there will be shots that you immediately know how to shoot, left sweep inside or outside, or vise versa, and by simply doing the fundamentals correctly you make the shot, without even looking for a contact point, and nothing more than a glance at the ball position on the table, That's the easy part. The hard part in my experience are those shots that are borderline, say 15 and inside sweep, or 30 and outside sweep, shots where both ways look close, and I think your ultimate success will be in making correct choices. Now for me, if I'm really unsure, sometimes, after I've addressed the ball and am ready to shoot, I may take a quick glance at the line to the contact point to verify it looks correct. Sometimes it does not and I'll try my other choice. Sometimes I get it wrong and miss the shot. What I would like is to know I'm right on every shot and so I'm hoping more experience with the system will eventually overcome my ability to use it incorrectly.

Thanks for your effort in trying. I'm watching the DVD again trying to pick it up. Is there one shot that we should start with that is easy to understand and demonstrates the system?

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member

Do you mean a 15* outside and a 30* inside?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your effort in trying. I'm watching the DVD again trying to pick it up. Is there one shot that we should start with that is easy to understand and demonstrates the system?

Well no, not really, you just have to use it until it clicks. Follow the videos, hell even shoot along with the videos, when Stan describes what he sees over a shot, set that shot up and try to see it yourself. Pay attention, Stan says things in passing that are important. Not purposely of course, but like I said, pay attention. Maybe watch the youtube videos and then go back to the DVDs again.

And don't discount the manual pivots. I do the sweeps now on most shots because I'm trying to perfect them, but early on I did manual pivots only, as featured on Stans DVD 1. The link below is a video I shot, actually the only video I have ever done. I was missing some shots and wanted to check my stroke, so I put these balls out on a diamond grid and just shot, trying to get my stroke from various angles, so I taped my phone to a broom and shot this, lol. This was before I started doing sweeps, so it's quite obvious I was using manual pivots.

https://www.facebook.com/100008575118135/videos/vb.100008575118135/1406685212960636/?type=2&theater

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A straight in shot. Just to get used to everything

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
no, an inside sweep thins the shot, just as going from 15 to 30, and the outside 30 thickens the shot, so inside 15 and outside 30 are close to each other, but not the same.

The inside 15 and outside 30 result in the same shot, you can use either one. This is the only two visuals that overlap. I tend to use outside 30 when angle is wide (reaching outer limits of 15), as it's easier to see.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The inside 15 and outside 30 result in the same shot, you can use either one. This is the only two visuals that overlap. I tend to use outside 30 when angle is wide (reaching outer limits of 15), as it's easier to see.

No, I disagree Mohrt, so I did a little experiment.

I placed the cue ball on the 2nd diamond from the end rail and one diamond from the side rail for every shot. I placed an object ball on the spot for every shot, represented in the picture by the 11 ball. So a straight on shot or full ball hit goes to the spot where the 9 ball is sitting. I then shot each perception/sweep very softly into the cushion, marking where each object ball meets the cushion and they are represented in order from the 1 ball thru the 5 ball. So shooting the cue ball from this position at a spotted ball for each perception, the target points on the rail are marked by where balls are setting in the picture.

1 ball= I shot with 15 degree outside sweep,
2 ball= I shot with 15 degree inside sweep.
3 ball= I shot with 30 degree outside sweep
4 ball= I shot with 30 degree inside sweep
5 ball= I shot with 45 degree outside sweep

If a 30 outside were equivalent to a 15 inside, that pretty much reduces the system to aiming at 1/4 ball increments, and so results in not being all that accurate. As you can see in the picture small differences in the perception and sweep make big differences in the cut angle, and these shots were all relatively short. Imagine if they were several diamonds farther.

20170519_174602.jpg

DISCLAIMER,,,,,, I have discussed this with Stan since posting it and it seems that this is not 100 percent in touch with his teachings. I was going to take it down, but decided not to, not yet anyway, but to leave it for an example that you can learn things in a way that are useful to you, even if it's not the exact method taught, so don't get frustrated. Use it and figure out a way to make it work for you.

Last edited: