Worx "Custom" Pool Cues??

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just came across a listing for a worx custom pool cue for sale but I have neverseen one or heard of them. Looked on their website ad they look like they have some nice cues but I was wondering if anyone here ever heard of them or has played with one of their cues. I will post pics of the one that is listed for sale for only 100.00 when I get home. It has an odd color dcheme. They used yellow and blue and abalone. Odd pairing but unique I guess.

If you've played with one what do you think of them? Even on their website they list them for dirt cheap for being "custom". Thanks in advance.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typical Pampanga cues. Look better farther away. Not the greatest quality but if you like a lot of flash you might want one.

Play OK from what I have heard.

If you have $100 or so to spend and just want a good cue, look for a decent sneaky. If you want something a little nicer that is an awesome shooter from an awesome maker, look for a used JOSS.

You can even pick up a custom like a Prulhiere right now for just a few bucks more. Dirt cheap IMHO. Not like when people advertise "Dirt cheap custom cue!" and you open the post to find a cue for $1000.00. I really don't know what people are thinking when they call such a thing "cheap". That ain't cheap.

You have options in that price range, Worx would not be one of the leading options in my book....but if you like them, maybe it's right for you.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
They have a BJ series so they can't be all that bad.

Too much Bling for me. Its like, buddy, save some of that for another cue.

For a bit more, you can have a JD cue from Joel and you can take that one to the bank, guaranteed.

Amazing amount of work that seems to be in the Dragon series.

If I want one from PI, I will stick with a JD cause I know he is a good guy.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have a BJ series so they can't be all that bad.

Too much Bling for me. Its like, buddy, save some of that for another cue.

For a bit more, you can have a JD cue from Joel and you can take that one to the bank, guaranteed.

Amazing amount of work that seems to be in the Dragon series.

LOL! Yeah...bling.

They're kind of like the cheap hookers of pool cues. :grin:

Hey, some peopl like cheap hookers, right? :wink:

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I didn't really want one but I saw one on a forum a guy is selling for 100.00 but I didnt know if it was a real custom cue and that was an awesome price or... if they call them custom and are nothing but a lot of flash. I shoot with a pechauer myself and love it but I'm still going to post pics of this cue when I get home because its really odd looking. I also know what u mean as car as those " dirt cheap cue" and its 1000.00. Like u said... sorry but that ain't cheap for a cue oand its not like everyone has that to toss around. I am definitely looking for another player and prefer a sneaky pete but didn't think it would hurt to ask. About this worx cue when I came across it. Thought I found a good deal :(

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most gawdawful logo I've ever seen on a cue. What'd he use, a wood burning kit?

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed the makers mark/logo as well and it made me laugh a bit. Once I post this cue pic I think it will get a laugh as well because the colors are just soooo mismatched. The cue is literally brown, yellow, blue, abalone and mother of pearl. Some of the cues are very nice looking but then I see these eyesores and I just didn't ever hear anything about them. But... anyways, has anyone else actually shot with one or heard anything about how they shoot? I'm still curious to know.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I didn't really want one but I saw one on a forum a guy is selling for 100.00 but I didnt know if it was a real custom cue and that was an awesome price or... if they call them custom and are nothing but a lot of flash.

Well...I guess it depends on how you define "real custom cue" They certainly are real cues. And I don't believe they are mass produced. They are IMHO "real custom cues". But they are still "cheap" cues.

Personally, I have three PI cues, Audrick cues. They are pretty nice actually, shoot well, and are straight. They are "custom" cues. But they were pretty inexpensive as custom cues go.

Aerosolist

ive bought such a queue over their webshop, i had a few small special wishes which they have accepted and i also paid for it... after some weeks they contacted me and told me the queue is ready to ship but unfortunately they forgot to do all the special wishes i had. with a discount of about 20 usd i took the queue and they sent it.

finally the queue has arrived with the following problems:

inlays inserted unclean
they queue was faaaar to light (16oz)
after 1 week!!! the irish linen totally droped away
after 3 weeks: the cue wasnt straight anymore at all.

spent: 150 dollars

these queues are totally unusable.

(srry for my english, im from switzerland) :)

Pangit

Banned
Bennie's place in Pampanga, I've seen it many times rolling by on the Victory Liner. It's a "Cookie Cutter" place...The advertising is far better than the product.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
pi cues

I havent owned one but al from black pearl cues I think makes one of the best pinoy cues.

aka redfury i think sells cues out of pi too. dino pezrez cues but I think he was murdered less than a year ago. rip

MMike

markdrums1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If somebody gave me one of those cue's....I would say..."thanks" ....then throw it across the yard and tell my dog "FETCH" !! Other than that they look like great cues. ;)