shotmaker test

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,
I uploaded a pdf file with a shotmaker test.
Here you can download it if you like.

http://issuu.com/ekkes/docs/my_shotmaker_test__in_english_?mode=window&viewMode=singlePage

It's a good tester for your pockiting skills and your concentration!
All important balls are in this test. Long follow shots-long draw shots, long stun shots, short follow shots and short stun shots.

I included some important information for stuns in the video I uploaded on you tube too!

Here you see me making the test for all cuts to the right 20 min. UNCUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxNXfxI7Jc0

Watch the video and then go to the table for yourself and TRAIN!:thumbup:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

http://issuu.com/ekkes/docs/my_shotmaker_test__in_english_?mode=window&viewMode=singlePage

All important balls are in this test. Long follow shots-long draw shots, long stun shots, short follow shots and short stun shots.

I included some important information for stuns in the video I uploaded on you tube too!

Thanks for posting this.

FYI, another good shot-making test presented on AZB in the past (by Colin Colenso) is Colin's Potting Drill. It is a good drill for practicing and assessing shot-making ability. It can also be done with stun, follow, and draw at different speeds for more of a challenge.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this.

FYI, another good shot-making test presented on AZB in the past (by Colin Colenso) is Colin's Potting Drill. It is a good drill for practicing and assessing shot-making ability. It can also be done with stun, follow, and draw at different speeds for more of a challenge.

Regards,
Dave

Hey, did you ever try this? I remember you being part of the discussion, but when it came time to put up a video...only 3-4 guys did it.

Eric

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey, did you ever try this?
Yes. The drill is a little boring, but it is certainly a fun challenge (if you are in the mood for such a thing).

I remember you being part of the discussion, but when it came time to put up a video...only 3-4 guys did it.
That's what I remember also.

Did you post a video? If so, why?

Do you think more people should post videos? If so, why?

Regards,
Dave

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Yes. The drill is a little boring, but it is certainly a fun challenge (if you are in the mood for such a thing).

That's what I remember also.

Did you post a video? If so, why?

Do you think more people should post videos? If so, why?

Regards,
Dave

I did post a video because that was one of the original stipulations. You know, lots of b.s. on the Interwebs and video can sometimes be proof positive.

How did you score? Why didn't you post a vid?

Eric

Norm Craig

Registered
Hey guys,

Great training aid as well as a way to test yourself, thanks for uploading.
Norm

javi2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it also. Just one question: Is the placement of the spots on the table exact or just close enough to get the right angles, ect.? I'm guessing the later and that's fine. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything while conducting the drills. Thanks.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I did post a video because that was one of the original stipulations. You know, lots of b.s. on the Interwebs and video can sometimes be proof positive.

Eric

I think if he posted an uncut video of Ekke's drill (or Colin's), people would laugh at him. Is that what you're getting at?

Ekkes -- I sent you a PM-
Dave

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I think if he posted an uncut video of Ekke's drill (or Colin's), people would laugh at him. Is that what you're getting at?

Dave

While that might happen, the original point was that the other Dave was quite vocal (still is) about these type of threads, just curious why he wouldn't participate?

Maybe he doesn't have video equipment??

Eric

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice if some
of you like it!
I would like some people to try it at the table and post their experience.
I think I will do a little contest:
For the next 4 weeks anyone that posts a video doing that drill on one side like I did on youtube will get a free copy of my book/ video THE SEE SYSTEM for free.
The player with the less mistakes prooved by an uncut video gets dollars 50 from me via paypal and a free lesson from Darren Appleton and me on pool training content of his wishes when we will our (SIGHT) SEE ING TOUR in summer 2012
How about that?

Rush to the tables now!!!

thrash attack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice if some
of you like it!
I would like some people to try it at the table and post their experience.
I think I will do a little contest:
For the next 4 weeks anyone that posts a video doing that drill on one side like I did on youtube will get a free copy of my book/ video THE SEE SYSTEM for free.
The player with the less mistakes prooved by an uncut video gets dollars 50 from me via paypal and a free lesson from Darren Appleton and me on pool training content of his wishes when we will our (SIGHT) SEE ING TOUR in summer 2012
How about that?

Rush to the tables now!!!

Change that to most mistakes and you got yourself a deal

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hey, did you ever try this? I remember you being part of the discussion, but when it came time to put up a video...only 3-4 guys did it.

Eric

It s a nice practice test- i would call it more *focus-test* -- And the test from Ekkes also- Hard shots you usualy have to make just a few times in a complete match. But necessary to make it and also to practice.
I like tests like these- so players can measure themselves and set themselve new goals.

Ekkes- if you have a pdf-version of it, would appreciate it to receive it per mal from you :)

lg
Ingo

pmata814

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question? Why is it necessary to shoot stun, draw, and follow? If this is just a pocketing test couldn't we just shoot a rolling ball on all 3 shots? I'm a beginner, so please excuse my ignorance, but is shooting draw, or stun going to affect the aiming of the shot? I've never felt I have to adjust aiming unless I'm using sidespin. Thanks in advance for ur patience and response :D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wake up call

I was sure it would be no problem. Took me a couple of hours to get it down. Ill be adding this to my practice routine.

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To all who want t have the shotmaker test:
Just click on the posted link, open the file and then click on the "printer icon. And then print and choose pdf as format. Or print on paper.
EKKES

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes we have to aim differently for follow shots than for stun shots. If we don't aim finer ( cut the OB more) we will miss. Same on close shots. This is due to CIT (comtact induced throw)
EKKES

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1/16 of a ball compensation for follow shots that are 1 diamond apart.
We have to aim finer for stun shots.
Follow and draw is nearly the same in case we have a high quality draw stroke.( aim on contact point)

Most compensation is needed for stunshots where the balls are close

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
... another good shot-making test presented on AZB in the past (by Colin Colenso) is Colin's Potting Drill. It is a good drill for practicing and assessing shot-making ability.

... just curious why he wouldn't participate?

Maybe he doesn't have video equipment??

Honestly, I see no useful purpose in creating and posting a video of me running through a shot-making drill, other than to show off or prove that Eric and Spidey are better shot makers than me. (I already know that.) Usually, I only dedicate time to creating and posting videos that are instructional and potentially beneficial for people to watch. I don't think most people are interested in watching somebody making (and/or missing) a bunch of cut shots. Shot-making drills are useful for practicing and assessing one's shot-making improvement (or lack of improvement) over time, but they are not much fun to watch, IMO. :boring2:

But since this seems to be so important to both of you guys, I will find some time over the next few weeks to do what you ask. I know you probably want it sooner, but it is just not possible with my professional and personal schedule over the next two weeks.

I think we should also post videos of us urinating to see how far each of us can pee. That way the pissing contest can be complete so we can really see where we each stack up on the manliness scale. :p

FYI, I'm not serious about the pissing contest, but I will post the video you guys have been craving for so many years. I guess I should somehow feel flattered or honored by all of the attention. Hopefully, the video will help you guys find the satisfaction or peace you seem to need and want so desperately. :frown:

Regards,
Dave

PS: I will post the video and reply to this message when it is available. And if I don't get it done within three weeks, feel free to remind me and insult me some more if you so desire.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I think somebody is a lil cranky today.

Eric

Honestly, I see no useful purpose in creating and posting a video of me running through a shot-making drill, other than to show off or prove that Eric and Spidey are better shot makers than me. (I already know that.) Usually, I only dedicate time to creating and posting videos that are instructional and potentially beneficial for people to watch. I don't think most people are interested in watching somebody making (and/or missing) a bunch of cut shots. Shot-making drills are useful for practicing and assessing one's shot-making improvement (or lack of improvement) over time, but they are not much fun to watch, IMO. :boring2:

But since this seems to be so important to both of you guys, I will find some time over the next few weeks to do what you ask. I know you probably want it sooner, but it is just not possible with my professional and personal schedule over the next two weeks.

I think we should also post videos of us urinating to see how far each of us can pee. That way the pissing contest can be complete so we can really see where we each stack up on the manliness scale. :p

FYI, I'm not serious about the pissing contest, but I will post the video you guys have been craving for so many years. I guess I should somehow feel flattered or honored by all of the attention. Hopefully, the video will help you guys find the satisfaction or peace you seem to need and want so desperately. :frown:

Regards,
Dave

PS: I will post the video and reply to this message when it is available. And if I don't get it done within three weeks, feel free to remind me and insult me some more if you so desire.