Only one Cue, which one and why?

boyraks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A cue is only a tool, yes there is a significant placebo effect in this thought. I have made over 5k investments in various cues that pressed onto me,,, i better improve my outcome because this is a high dollar cue, and this placebo does drive you internally to improve, primarily thru concentration. And my guilt of what i have spent... but

I have since seperated from investment customs to true technology driven improvements and i think this is the differential that should be considered...

Performance does now lie in production cues and investments may be in customs for their "custom" intent.

I am an engineer of production quality and if controls are in place of this then,,,,, highest quality can be produced.

Example...... Predator and Mezz

But, marketing offers of control of the cue ball improvement hype does slant this...(low deflection) and even now carbon fiber.....

Let's be true, we "good players" could compensate squirt and swerve effects in our decisions back in the 80's with our Meucci's

So...
As golf reaches to the latest driver that will improve your game.... Love what you buy and play the best you can with whatever you believe in....

Best post on this topic

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Schon butt with 2 1/2 inch extension with 12.4mm Revo shaft

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had to use one cue and one cue only for the rest of my life for all games including snooker? Well it would be a hybrid custom made cue suited to pool but small enough tip wise that it would still be Okay-ish for snooker, English pool, etc. But I’d rather just use a cue off the wall. Rather means always in this context.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scruggs

I've got a few, but for action, nothing beats my plain four point Tim Scruggs...
I just KNOW what it's gonna do, move the rock right where I want it.

HendryMBE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it would be my 40 year old Scruggs. It has 3 original shafts. One of which is pretty small in diameter and more than adequate for playing snooker.

The cue plays like no other I have ever used.

Birdseye maple forearm with dark honey stain.
Ebony points with 5 veneers.
SS joint. 5/16x14.
Ebony butt sleeve with maple boxes and mother of pearl inlays.
Milk white delrin butt cap with first TS logo.

I showed it to Tim at the SBE, a few years before he passed. He loved it and was very happy at how good it still looked after all those years.

I can honestly say that I have never seen another one like mine. Everyone that I have let hit with it is very impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
For me it would be my 40 year old Scruggs. It has 3 original shafts. One of which is pretty small in diameter and more than adequate for playing snooker.

The cue plays like no other I have ever used.

Birdseye maple forearm with dark honey stain.
Ebony points with 5 veneers.
SS joint. 5/16x14.
Ebony butt sleeve with maple boxes and mother of pearl inlays.
Milk white delrin butt cap with first TS logo.

I showed it to Tim at the SBE, a few years before he passed. He loved it and was very happy at how good it still looked after all those years.

I can honestly say that I have never seen another one like mine. Everyone that I have let hit with it is very impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics.....?