Cue tip sanding block

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In every video I see Caudron and Blomdahl playing in, they are using a thin sanding block on their tip between innings to slightly rough the tip. The only similar item I can find on the internet is the Caudron tip sanding block which I cannot find from USA suppliers.

Does anyone know where a similar item can be found in the US?

Wity

Banned
Waste of money.

Ask your mum for a nail file from her handbag.

Or your daughter perhaps if you want a pretty one.

jewelled-nail-file.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Waste of money.

Ask your mum for a nail file from her handbag.

Or your daughter perhaps if you want a pretty one.

jewelled-nail-file.jpg
Well, OK, but if you want a more manly sanding board, get a 3x5-inch piece of scrap thin particle board and glue sandpaper to each side: #200 or so on one side and #400 or #600 on the other side. The board is not used to scrape usually, you just press the surface against the leather to get the impression of the sand into the surface. The smoother side can be used to fix fraying edges.

Many years ago I got a rectangular whetstone about the size of two cigarette packs stacked end-to-end with a rough surface on one side and a smooth surface on the other. The rough side is a good replacement for the sanding tool, and the fine side keeps my tip knife sharp.

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments. I just ordered the aluminum last 4 ever tip tool using the AZB coupon code for $18.81 delivered. I like the looks of this tool.

Wity

Banned
get a 3x5-inch piece of scrap thin particle board and glue sandpaper to each side................Many years ago I ............

Ah the old days, I remember them well...

Me mum got a bit upset when i nicked her nail files and left her a used box of Swan Vestas in their place.

Next time i helped myself I left her a disposable lighter and a note saying Sorry mum you just cant buy matches anywhere nowadays.
:D