Show your palmers

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
These?

Here are the Supremes made for the same collector.. they have a separate and very interesting thread in this section.

JV

Attachments

• supreme_pair_fore.jpg
    supreme_pair_fore.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,800
  • supreme_pair_butt.jpg
    supreme_pair_butt.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,784

Barry13

Registered
Here are two of my favorite Palmers; the J & K models with Palmer cases. Both have Szamboti's forearms and the J has micarta ferrules. I'd be happy to add the M and Ultra Supreme 20 models to my collection.

Attachments

• 100_2802.jpg
    100_2802.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,757
  • 100_2803.jpg
    100_2803.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,687
  • 100_2805.jpg
    100_2805.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,764
  • 100_2809.jpg
    100_2809.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,764
  • 100_2820.jpg
    100_2820.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,766

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer

Two of the finest cues in the Palmer line. Thanks for sharing. I was getting out of my Palmers but after looking at some of these beauties I may start again. Randy

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Barry 13 , those Cues are amazing, I would love to own that Cue with the Straight grain Forearm and the red Case:grin:
Thanks for ALL to share her Palmers
Ralf

SKUNKBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those Supremes...seeing them both together...now that's a collection of fine cues all by themselves. Either are beautiful but both together are simply BEAUTIMUS!!!

Thanks for posting. I was hoping someone would. I remember last year when the other post about that set came out and I was blown away at that time...too.

L8R...Ken

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This thread warms my heart. Really some creative cues here.

I still will post some pics (been busy) I promise but I would like to still see more of the other cues you guys have.

Chris

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Those Supremes...seeing them both together...now that's a collection of fine cues all by themselves. Either are beautiful but both together are simply BEAUTIMUS!!!

Thanks for posting. I was hoping someone would. I remember last year when the other post about that set came out and I was blown away at that time...too.

L8R...Ken

No problem...

I talked to the owner last night.. they are available... :eek:

JV

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer cues

There must be more Palmers lovers out there, let's post some pictures. I have a few coming today and I will post them when they show up.

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's one I am almost finished restoring. I believe it was sold to Guycrunch as a Brazilian Roswood Palmer, which is not the case. It is Macassar Ebony.

When I received the cue, one diamond was only half there and two others were missing part of the corners. I replaced all four diamonds with original Palmer parts. This was a bit of a challenge because none of the original diamonds were perfectly straight.

The clear window in the back was very yellow with hairline cracks on the inside. In addition to that, the piece under the window had some sort of mold growing on it. I cleaned it off and cleaned up the rest the best I could. I didn't want to damage the decal. The clear window was also replaced.

The wrap groove was about 2x as deep as it should have been and had masking tape running down the wrap channel, kind of like it is in my photo. I will remove mine before I wrap it.

In addition to that, the cue was not even close to straight. The handle was replaced. Upon replacement of the handle, it was evident that the handle had been replaced before and it appears that whoever did the work prior, turned the existing handle down to a tenon to sleeve a new handle over. The problem is, the tenon they left was not round (one flat side) and there were gaps all through it.

I polished the pin and the weight bolt. Since the section in the back is sleeved over a wooden tenon and can be removed by taking off the weight bolt, I sealed, polished and waxed the tenon to help keep moisture from being absorbed there.

The cue will be finished with a White with Green Spec Wrap.

Both shafts are straight and in good condition. I haven't checked diameters yet. They appear to be original, but since I don't know the history behind the cue, I can't state for sure.

I'm pretty sure it's available. PM guycrunch for details.

I normally don't do any repairs other than on my own cues. I had a lot of fun working on this and have a lot of respect for the guys that do it on a daily basis.

Anyway, here are the pics. I will post up some new ones once it's buffed and wrapped. It might not be until next week though. I have too much going on this weekend.

02-17-10-001.jpg

02-17-10-002.jpg

02-17-10-003.jpg

02-17-10-004.jpg

02-17-10-005.jpg

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmers

Here are a few I picked up the other day with the HUGE help of TATE. Come on lets see some of those Palmers, I know there are a lot of them out there.

Attachments

• palmer set new 003.jpg
    palmer set new 003.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,247
  • palmer set new 004.jpg
    palmer set new 004.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,220
  • palmer set new 005.jpg
    palmer set new 005.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,315

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Fuzzy pics of the old and only Palmer I have. Can't sell it because that's my name under the clear ring. It's never been refinished or retipped. Shortly after buying it, my life got too busy for pool, so it just stayed in the closet for 30 years or so.

After retiring, wife & I decided to play again, so we grabbed our cues..her Adams & this one, and went to play. I quickly learned the Palmer was special...so I bought another cue to play with...

Wish my point & shoot had the photo ability that you guys have...but heck, I didn't have a digital camera until a while ago.

Attachments

• DSCN0191.jpg
    DSCN0191.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,236
  • DSCN0192.jpg
    DSCN0192.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,260
  • DSCN0193.jpg
    DSCN0193.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,180
  • DSCN0194.jpg
    DSCN0194.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • DSCN0195.jpg
    DSCN0195.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,212
Last edited:

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmers

A few I just picked up thanks to Tate. The one on the end is the Bicentenial Palmer which he still owns. The L is all original but going in for a freshening from Scot. Enjoy

Attachments

• palmer set new 004.jpg
    palmer set new 004.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,200
  • palmer set new 005.jpg
    palmer set new 005.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,133
  • palmer set new 007.jpg
    palmer set new 007.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,154

Barry13

Registered
I acquired a few more highly desireable Palmer cues to my collection since my last input to this post; so I thought I'd share them with you. Enjoy my M and two additional J models and a 2 butt / 2 shaft Palmer cue case.

Attachments

• 100_3463.jpg
    100_3463.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 100_3465.jpg
    100_3465.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 100_3464.jpg
    100_3464.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 100_3471.jpg
    100_3471.jpg