65.5 KB · Views: 1,045
  • DSC06377.jpg
    DSC06377.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,019

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmers

Thanks everyone for the pictures. They are all beautiful cues. Keep the pictures coming. Here is a group pictures of my Palmer's. Thanks Tate for the help on some of these. Randy

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 969
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 946

haifp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my palmers

these are my third catalogue model 7 & 17 cues.

Attachments

• 100_6738.jpg
    100_6738.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 954
  • 100_6739.jpg
    100_6739.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 100_6742.jpg
    100_6742.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 947

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer

I love the #17. I don't know why I got rid of mine. I think Will stole it from me Randy

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmers

Could not have got them without your help. Thanks again and I am glad you are back. You will have to let me know if there is something else that belongs in the collection. Everybody please keep posting the pictures again they are the finest custom/production cues ever made in my opinion. Merry Christmas to all. Randy

Barry13

Registered
show your palmers

Here are a few more to feast upon...

Attachments

• 100_4296a.jpg
    100_4296a.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 854
  • 100_4297a.jpg
    100_4297a.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 877
  • 100_4298a.jpg
    100_4298a.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_4290a.jpg
    100_4290a.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 857
  • 100_4294a.jpg
    100_4294a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 858

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
16 and naked... :)

I have encountered 3 inlayless model Palmers. An M, a model 19, and now a model 16...

JV

Attachments

• palmer_16_naked_fore.jpg
    palmer_16_naked_fore.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 889
  • palmer_16_naked_butt.jpg
    palmer_16_naked_butt.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 816

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry, That collection is simply incredible. I'm lost for words.

Last edited:

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmers

Barry that is a VERY fine collection thanks for sharing. Joe do you have a few pictures of the other cues?
Randy

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Barry that is a VERY fine collection thanks for sharing. Joe do you have a few pictures of the other cues?
Randy

The other cues meaning the inlayless cues? The M is a friend of mines, if I see him I'll ask if I can take a pic, and the 19 was actually an 18. I believe there are two 18's, one we see at the show yearly, the other actually has one inlay in the handle and I think Tate owns it.

JV

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Sorry I don't have any close up shots, here is my Palmer Model "A" with original wrap. I bought this cue when I was 15 years old from a college student from New Jersey, here in Tampa in 1975 for $35, he needed cash to take his girl to the Disco. The extra shaft is a Wayne Gunn with Micarta ferrule, it shoots lights out.

As a young player hanging out at Bakers in Tampa, Palmer was the best of the best, Steve Cook had one, Junior "Lefty" Goff had one and a few of the other guys and some of the road players had them. I always wondered, what if fast eddie had said Palmer instead of Balabushka?

The college student had a roommate that would often shoot with us, he had a window cue in a Palmer case, he would not sell it to me.

In 1987 I had Jay Flowers make me a 2X4 case to match the color of my Palmer, I beleive this is the only Blue on he ever made, as I have never seen or heard of another.

Pictured here with my Wayne Gunn Sneaky Pete, also with Micarta ferrule, and a home made Jump cue with the handle cut down to fit in the pocket of the flowers.

Attachments

• case1.jpg
    case1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 844

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
I found a few pics in an old thread of my Model "A"

Attachments

• palmerbuttcapsm.jpg
    palmerbuttcapsm.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 931
  • palmerpinsm.jpg
    palmerpinsm.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 814
  • palmerpointssm.jpg
    palmerpointssm.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 837
  • palmerwithshaftssm.jpg
    palmerwithshaftssm.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 921
  • flowerscaselogosm.jpg
    flowerscaselogosm.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 920

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
My next Palmer would come to me in 2007, here is my PB-8, it has an early style butt cap and bumper, I think it was made before the models pictured in the catalog. I purchased the cue for $300 not knowing exactly what it was, I liked the way it played and looked so I posted up an I.D. this cue thread back in April of 2007, turned out it was a Plamer, and after that I realized I could have I.D. it myself, as I had a 1987 Palmer catalog.:eek:

The story behind the cue came to me a few weeks after I bought it, as the story goes; When Katrina was heading towards New Orleans, Freddy "Kreole" Yates who was still in prison at the time, had is ex-wife ship
all his cues to a friend of his in Tampa, Buddy Halls old steakhorse.
The cue made it's way to an old friend and owner of the Flamingo bar where I play, Yates was getting out of prison and selling some of his old stuff off to get some cash to get started in his new life here in Tampa.

When I met Yates a few weeks after I purchased the cue, he informed me the cue was a very old Plamer made in the shop in NJ, not overseas, and it belonged to an old friend of his who had passed away, Don "Portland" Watson" Yates had shot clear coat over the cue to preserve the original wrap complete with tobacco stains.

I have no documentation to prove this, just a great old story to go with the cue.

Attachments

• case3.jpg
    case3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 911
  • palmer1.jpg
    palmer1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 910
  • palmer2.jpg
    palmer2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 811
  • palmer3.jpg
    palmer3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 885
  • palmer4.jpg
    palmer4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 841

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
A few more pics

Attachments

• palmer.jpg
    palmer.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 829
  • palmer5.jpg
    palmer5.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 891
  • palmercatalog.jpg
    palmercatalog.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 871
  • palmercatalog1.jpg
    palmercatalog1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 895
  • palmercatalog4.jpg
    palmercatalog4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 905

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Here is a page with a Palmer ad out of an old pool magazine I had saved.

Attachments

• palmercatalog3.jpg
    palmercatalog3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 914

Jake Bagoodi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My next Palmer would come to me in 2007, here is my PB-8, it has an early style butt cap and bumper, I think it was made before the models pictured in the catalog. I purchased the cue for $300 not knowing exactly what it was, I liked the way it played and looked so I posted up an I.D. this cue thread back in April of 2007, turned out it was a Plamer, and after that I realized I could have I.D. it myself, as I had a 1987 Palmer catalog.:eek:

The story behind the cue came to me a few weeks after I bought it, as the story goes; When Katrina was heading towards New Orleans, Freddy "Kreole" Yates who was still in prison at the time, had is ex-wife ship
all his cues to a friend of his in Tampa, Buddy Halls old steakhorse.
The cue made it's way to an old friend and owner of the Flamingo bar where I play, Yates was getting out of prison and selling some of his old stuff off to get some cash to get started in his new life here in Tampa.

When I met Yates a few weeks after I purchased the cue, he informed me the cue was a very old Plamer made in the shop in NJ, not overseas, and it belonged to an old friend of his who had passed away, Don "Portland" Watson" Yates had shot clear coat over the cue to preserve the original wrap complete with tobacco stains.

I have no documentation to prove this, just a great old story to go with the cue.

great cue capt........i used to own one that was a lot like your cue.....i wish i neevr sold it....mine was almost 20 oz. but the balance was so nice.....