Hagan cue makeover!!

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's up everyone, just sharing a few pictures of my old Hagan cue after a makeoever. I sent my Hagan cue off to Wes hunter for a paint job, sw style ring and copper buttcap. I hated the way this cue looked before I sent it off but have always loved the way the cue played. Anyway, Wes did an outstanding job of turning this ugly inlayed fancier cue into a sleek looking beast. I love the way it turned out. I didn't want to affect the playability so he didn't add a sw ring at the joint of the cue but painted over the buckhorn as well. Enjoy the pics. The before picture is the cue in the group photo to the very right with the weird inlays in the butt.
IMG_1155_zpsopoht5j8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1900_zps74hdnl9l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1897_zpsd0cc3xxa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1899_zpsj391rzdc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the comment sir. I was really not concerned with the market value of the cue one way or another. It is a cue that I am never going to sell and it looks a lot better this way than it did before. IF I ever wanted to all that would have to be done is take the finish off and put the phenolic back in place where someone else had already tampered with the cue and broke the buttcap over the last 20 years before I got it. But that won't happen like I said it is here to stay.

asiasdad

Banned
Thanks for the comment sir. I was really not concerned with the market value of the cue one way or another. It is a cue that I am never going to sell and it looks a lot better this way than it did before. IF I ever wanted to all that would have to be done is take the finish off and put the phenolic back in place where someone else had already tampered with the cue and broke the buttcap over the last 20 years before I got it. But that won't happen like I said it is here to stay.

Inlays don't make balls ;)

That Wes Hunter I got from you Trav is also a keeper :)

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inlays don't make balls ;)

That Wes Hunter I got from you Trav is also a keeper :)

Yes sir you have got that right!! Lol. That cue is tight that I sold you. That combo of woods is very sharp and also one hell of a playing cue.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have never thought of it.

Interesting strategy.

Definitely thinking outside the box I guess.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue probably hit so poorly you had to make it look poor too:)

Look forward to hitting a few with it.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's up everyone, just sharing a few pictures of my old Hagan cue after a makeoever. I sent my Hagan cue off to Wes hunter for a paint job, sw style ring and copper buttcap. I hated the way this cue looked before I sent it off but have always loved the way the cue played. Anyway, Wes did an outstanding job of turning this ugly inlayed fancier cue into a sleek looking beast. I love the way it turned out. I didn't want to affect the playability so he didn't add a sw ring at the joint of the cue but painted over the buckhorn as well. Enjoy the pics. The before picture is the cue in the group photo to the very right with the weird inlays in the butt.

Hey Trav, can you repost pics of this refinish job? Curious to see copper on that cue.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here you go. Here is a pic of the Hagan and 2 Wes Hunter cues that I just received from Wes with some more copper!!

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 440

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll have to try and find a picture. It was literally one of the ugliest cues I have ever seen. It was like a painted brown color (no grain at all) with creamy white looking points and some weird inlays. I had it on my photo bucket and don’t know if I have another but I’ll search. It was ugly but I have played some of my best pool with it definitely. The copper buttcap added to the weight of the cue but it was so forward balanced (I think at 19.5in) that the extra weight still made it only at 18.5 from the butt of the cue.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
It was literally one of the ugliest cues I have ever seen. .

I had a 4 point 4 veneer cocobolo cue with pink faux mother of pearl points, and the points looked like he mixed pink dye into Elmers glue and swirled it around.
The wrap was cleared over multi colored sparkle linen.
The cue actually played really good but thankfully the guy who bought the cue, shattered it a few weeks later.
Then there is my green curly and purple heart Dave Kikel cue.
It's a real player though, piloted implex joint
I actually wanted that cue, it grew on me.

IMG_20170912_040115.jpg

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is definitely a crazy looking cue too. Lol. I have always wanted to try Kikels cues but have never done so yet! I hear they play great.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
That is definitely a crazy looking cue too. Lol. I have always wanted to try Kikels cues but have never done so yet! I hear they play great.

The cue plays fantastic, and a lot of work went into it.
It grew on me, no matter how many of my friends make fun of it.
Very early Kikel
I like the wrap too

IMG_20170912_040306.jpg

IMG_20170912_040318.jpg

IMG_20170912_040106.jpg

IMG_20170912_040252.jpg