Cyclop Balls

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purchased a set and with my luck got a bad set,guess thats why there not on the Diamond site,as Diamond does not stand behind them! Be forwarned...

Diamond most certainly does stand behind them. I had a small issue with one of mine and they replaced it no questions asked and were also very quick in doing so.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Purchased a set and with my luck got a bad set,guess thats why there not on the Diamond site,as Diamond does not stand behind them! Be forwarned...

Maybe you should have finished paying Diamond that last $1, 000 you ripped them off for when you got your Diamond Pro 8....shoe on the other foot now?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I feel relatively confident that if you call Damond they will make it right... if you have a legit complaint.

Lou Figueroa

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard many versions. Are the balls made using actual machines imported to China from Hyatt? I have heard that they are made from a secret formula given to Cyclop by someone connected to Hyatt.

These balls are nowhere to be found in China under the Cyclop brand. I looked because I wanted a set. I have been in two ball factories and one of them produces balls that are the functional equivalent to Aramiths.

So I know that good balls come out of China. But the story on these is still a mystery to me.

Hey John, how's it rockin?

The information on who makes the Cyclop balls can be found by googling the Cyclop Patent and trademark information.

From what I had read on various sources is that the guy who came up with the formula for Brunswick Centennials made by Hyatt, sold the formula recipie the people at Cyclop balls, Taiwan and Cyclop had done alot of tests with the guy who knew and owned the forumla to find a way enhance it that would result in the finish phenolic balls to be as good as or more responsive, durable and consistent, than Aramith balls.

I have since found out that the Updated Centennial style balls from Cosmos in Korea, are priced at $85 / set and will be available to buy soon from authorised dealers.

The brand name for these is "Diamond Billiard Balls" and the TV color ball sets they produce are model "Ultra-C".

The company also has sets of Carom billiard balls in their product range, but they haven't added the billiard ball sets onto the Cosmos Billiards website yet and I suspect they will do this as soon as they have a few more dealers/distributors around the world.

Having owned 2 sets of BC's made by Aramith in the past number of years, I've been somewhat discusted at the poor durability of them and am not a fan of the Super Aramith ball sets either for the exact same reasons, and so I'm hoping to get a set of either the Cyclop balls or the new Diamond Ultra-C pool balls from Cososmos" to see if they are of any better quality than Aramith's and if so, I will gladly endorse them here in the UK :thumbup:

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
Cycolps balls

The information on who makes the Cyclop balls can be found by googling the Cyclop Patent and trademark information.

From what I had read on various sources is that the guy who came up with the formula for Brunswick Centennials made by Hyatt, sold the formula recipie the people at Cyclop balls, Taiwan and Cyclop had done alot of tests with the guy who knew and owned the forumla to find a way enhance it that would result in the finish phenolic balls to be as good as or more responsive, durable and consistent, than Aramith balls.

If thats the case, In my opinion they failed to do so.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Thanks. I could probably get used to it, but my first reaction to the light blue is negative. But it would reduce confusion on TV and the internet between the 3/5/7.

You can get these balls in traditional colors.

Attachments

• Cyclopstrad-2.jpg
    Cyclopstrad-2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 608

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That really doesn't say much. The box says Diamond but it's nearly 100% that these balls have nothing to do with Diamond Tables and are likely not the same company behind the Cyclop balls.

Those balls are the Diamond Ultra C balls made in Korea by Cosmos billiards, as mentioned a few posts above yours. I'll quote it for reference:

I have since found out that the Updated Centennial style balls from Cosmos in Korea, are priced at $85 / set and will be available to buy soon from authorised dealers.

The brand name for these is "Diamond Billiard Balls" and the TV color ball sets they produce are model "Ultra-C".

The company also has sets of Carom billiard balls in their product range, but they haven't added the billiard ball sets onto the Cosmos Billiards website yet and I suspect they will do this as soon as they have a few more dealers/distributors around the world.

Having owned 2 sets of BC's made by Aramith in the past number of years, I've been somewhat discusted at the poor durability of them and am not a fan of the Super Aramith ball sets either for the exact same reasons, and so I'm hoping to get a set of either the Cyclop balls or the new Diamond Ultra-C pool balls from Cososmos" to see if they are of any better quality than Aramith's and if so, I will gladly endorse them here in the UK :thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Those balls are the Diamond Ultra C balls made in Korea by Cosmos billiards, as mentioned a few posts above yours. I'll quote it for reference:

I read it. Still this thread is about the Cyclop balls and the question I had is who makes those. I don't think it's the Korean company. In fact I am sure it isn't a Korean company.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Shanghai Xinzhan Rubber Co., ltd

Never heard of them ;-)

Adrian Chen from Cyclop did come up and introduce himself to me at the BCA Nationals. I have to say, love them or not it is refreshing to see another ball company in the mix and sponsoring events.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of them ;-)

Adrian Chen from Cyclop did come up and introduce himself to me at the BCA Nationals. I have to say, love them or not it is refreshing to see another ball company in the mix and sponsoring events.

I agree. More companies in the mix means a step up in quality all around, which means only good for the consumers.

Diamond moving away from Aramith to Cyclops will definitely have long term effects for Aramith in the U.S.

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
I looked these up after watching some matches on YouTube. While I'm a traditionalist, I'm not fond of the TV balls. The regular colored balls would be worth a try out on the home table though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a set of the traditional one sand never had a moment's issue with differentiating colors. Never even heard of such a thing, prior to this thread.

The balls play great and stay cleaner than my super pros. And at a significantly lower price...

I agree tha aramith needs to react to cyclop. It has long been known that aramith's customer service is the pits, now their product is no longer the only game in town too.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree. More companies in the mix means a step up in quality all around, which means only good for the consumers.

Diamond moving away from Aramith to Cyclops will definitely have long term effects for Aramith in the U.S.

I'm not so sure about this.

I was speaking with Ivan who heads Simonis a couple of days ago on another matter and the subject of Cyclop balls came up. And fyi, as of approx 2 years ago, Simonis bought Saluc and all Aramith ball mfg & operations.

Despite rumors that circulated a while back about Cyclop having a much higher phenolic resin content in their balls compared to Aramith, that was just that, a rumor and not a fact.

According to Ivan, the percentage of phenolic resin in the Aramiths are very close to 100%. Further, they own patented technology which allows them to distribute the phenolic resin molecules very evenly throughout the ball which he says contributes to more perfect roll.

He added that when Cyclop balls were compared with Aramiths under high magnification, that the Aramiths looks very smooth while the Cyclop balls looked uneven and pitted.

It could be that he's just being a salesman but I don't think that's the case.

When I received a set of Cyclop balls a while back, something struck me odd. In a precision game such as ours, why would a quality ball set feature a cue ball with a raised logo? :confused: I don't know whether or not the slight elevation of their logo on whitey would ever cause a problem but why even let someone think it might? No Aramith ball I ever held had any raised anything.

So I know when I shoot a shot with Aramith balls and miss, it was me, damnit. :eek:

I think Simonis/Aramith need not worry too much about Cyclop.

best,
brian kc

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not so sure about this.

I was speaking with Ivan who heads Simonis a couple of days ago on another matter and the subject of Cyclop balls came up. And fyi, as of approx 2 years ago, Simonis bought Saluc and all Aramith ball mfg & operations.

Despite rumors that circulated a while back about Cyclop having a much higher phenolic resin content in their balls compared to Aramith, that was just that, a rumor and not a fact.

According to Ivan, the percentage of phenolic resin in the Aramiths are very close to 100%. Further, they own patented technology which allows them to distribute the phenolic resin molecules very evenly throughout the ball which he says contributes to more perfect roll.

He added that when Cyclop balls were compared with Aramiths under high magnification, that the Aramiths looks very smooth while the Cyclop balls looked uneven and pitted.

It could be that he's just being a salesman but I don't think that's the case.

When I received a set of Cyclop balls a while back, something struck me odd. In a precision game such as ours, why would a quality ball set feature a cue ball with a raised logo? :confused: I don't know whether or not the slight elevation of their logo on whitey would ever cause a problem but why even let someone think it might? No Aramith ball I ever held had any raised anything.

So I know when I shoot a shot with Aramith balls and miss, it was me, damnit. :eek:

I think Simonis/Aramith need not worry too much about Cyclop.

best,
brian kc

And somewhere in the middle of what Ivan said and the rep from Cyclop said is the truth. Were you expecting Ivan to say, "Cyclop is a better product than ours."? Of course he is going to tout Aramith as the best, as does Cyclop.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
And somewhere in the middle of what Ivan said and the rep from Cyclop said is the truth. Were you expecting Ivan to say, "Cyclop is a better product than ours."? Of course he is going to tout Aramith as the best, as does Cyclop.

I like to rely on myself being logical and a good observer, both of which have served me pretty well over the years.

If I am betting my life on which brand is better quality, Aramith or Cyclop, I'm confidently going with Aramith, zero hesitation.

Johnny come lately (Cyclop) vs the old school standard by which all others are compared (Aramith), a raised logo (Cyclop) vs smooth as a baby's behind (Aramith), Asian import (Cyclop) vs Belgium made (Aramith)....

it didn't take much salesmanship to convince me which balls *really* are the better ones. ;)

best,
brian kc

Last edited: