Things That Make You Go Hmm !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stuart Bingham V Luca Brecel

YOU OUT! Snooker Player Is Angry At The Photographer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgd7tJYQ0lI

I never seen the match , just the clip .

The expression on the photographers face is like a told off dog for stealing the chicken dinner !

Stuart Bingham comes across as a shy , quiet guy but cant blame him .

Luca Brecel was probably thinking WTF ! :wink::grin::grin-square:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ronnieo147?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author :

Ronnie O'Sullivan‏Verified account @ronnieo147 6h6 hours ago
More Ronnie O'Sullivan Retweeted MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E
Bit harsh that mate I think what they done to steve lee was a liberty.. mans gotta feed his family.. I say give steve lee his tour card backRonnie O'Sullivan added,
MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E @markwil147
Replying to @snookerbacker @CuePowerBlog and 4 others
Why don’t they just put if anyone caught betting on snooker from next season onwards gets life ban. END OF
79 replies 46 retweets 300 likes
Reply 79 Retweet 46 Like 300

Ronnie O'Sullivan‏Verified account @ronnieo147 9h9 hours ago
More Ronnie O'Sullivan Retweeted Yeltzman
That’s not what I heard.. and so did other players and they weren’t bannedRonnie O'Sullivan added,
Yeltzman @Yeltzy
Replying to @ronnieo147
Big difference between the two,Bingham only had bets on other players,not himself.
15 replies 3 retweets 28 likes
Reply 15 Retweet 3 Like 28
More Ronnie O'Sullivan Retweeted Monique
He bet on his own matchesRonnie O'Sullivan added,
Monique @MoniqueLimbos
Replying to @ronnieo147
Not the same thing. Stuart did bet on snooker, he didn't fix matches. Lee did.
23 replies 8 retweets 68 likes
Reply 23 Retweet 8 Like 68
More Ronnie O'Sullivan Retweeted Pockets Snooker
If your face don’t fit or you don’t play the game in the end they throw the book at you #notransparecyRonnie O'Sullivan added,
Pockets Snooker @PocketsSnooker
Replying to @ronnieo147
Correct Ron .. Lee was mugged off
8 replies 6 retweets 35 likes
Reply 8 Retweet 6 Like 35
More Ronnie O'Sullivan Retweeted Sukrit Dwivedi
Yeah that’s what im@thinking

More Ronnie O'Sullivan Retweeted Certain
I think he’s had a result.. steve lee got 12 years for the same thing #no consistencyRonnie O'Sullivan added,
Certain @certainsaurabh
Replying to @ronnieo147
6 months banned. Suspended sentence for 3 months
36 replies 19 retweets 111 likes
Reply 36 Retweet 19 Like 111

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookerbacker : New Light on Bingham Case

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2017/10/26/new-light-on-bingham-case/#disqus_thread

Quote .

" I have to say that I wasn’t alone in wondering how and where Stuart could have laid off these highest break bets, I wondered if it may have been something he managed to get on at the betting exchanges, though with the sums quoted I did question that. If he’d used either his own or his manager’s account to try and get these on at a bookmaker, assuming he could even find the bet, he would have known he was a dead man walking, so how did he do it?

Step forward Philip.

Philip is a friend of Stuart’s who describes himself as a pro-gambler, he is not a bookmaker. It turns out that on two occasions over the period quoted, Stuart contacted him to ask if he’d like to offer him a price on his break being beaten, as a bet between friends. Philip’s memory of the exact details of one of them is a little hazy but the tournaments involved were the UK Championship in 2014, when Stuart’s break was beaten by Ronnie O’Sullivan’s 147 and the 2016 China Championship, when Stuart’s 141 against Shaun Murphy was beaten by Murphy in the same match later in the day.

Philip agreed to give Stuart a price willingly, had he not agreed, Stuart could not have got any bet on anywhere else.

The conversation below took place in between those two breaks in China, notice the ‘somebody other than you’ response, so if Stuart had beaten the break it was not a bet and he would not have gained twice.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Emperor Strikes Back Part 2.....

Barry Hearn on Twitter :

https://twitter.com/barryhearn/status/923470683702808576

Barry Hearn replies to Snookerbacker quote :

snookerbacker 🔵‏ @snookerbacker Oct 25
More snookerbacker 🔵 Retweeted philip
Verified as true. Stuart's highest break bets were with a friend, not a bookie. This changes my opinion on the matter totally.snookerbacker 🔵 added,
philip @phil279
Just to clarify,@Stuart__Bingham had the high break in 2 comps and I gave him a price on it being beaten for Insurance. No bookies involved.
7 replies 5 retweets 10 likes
Reply 7 Retweet 5 Like 10
snookerbacker 🔵‏ @snookerbacker Oct 25
More
I did wonder how he could have got these bets on. Did the WPBSA even check this? Appears they didn't speak to the other party.
6 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply 6 Retweet Like 2
Barry Hearn‏Verified account @BarryHearn Oct 26
More
You must remember that this is not Wpbsa but an independent tribunal headed by top legal people experienced in this field.
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
Reply 1 Retweet Like 1
snookerbacker 🔵‏ @snookerbacker Oct 26
More
Point taken. Just find it odd that they wouldn't at least try and contact him.
2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 2 Retweet Like
More
I don’t know the procedures as it’s not my responsibility but one thing is for sure - a bet is still bet.
1 reply 2 retweets 3 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 2 Like 3
More
Between friends? You'd hardly bet with your mate that you were going to lose. Unless your mate was particularly stupid.
2 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply 2 Retweet Like 1
More
You see friends doesn’t come in to it. I have bookies as friends. A bet is a bet and bets are not allowed.
3 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 3 Retweet Like
More
Is that clear in the contract? I haven't seen it so I don't know.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like

Barry Hearn‏Verified account
@BarryHearn
Follow Follow @BarryHearn
More
Replying to @snookerbacker
It’s clear that no betting is allowed.
1:45 AM - 26 Oct 2017

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stuart Bingham: Former world champion apologises for betting breaches

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/41807797

Quote .

The suspension has ruled him out of three of the most lucrative events on the calendar - the International Championship, UK Championship and the Masters.

I bet Stuart Bingham doesn't have to ask why his Laptop doesn't work and take a few days to figure it out the do an adaptor plug in autopsy and get the soldering iron out to join up the red wires back again.....:wink::grin-square:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Williams M.B.E, on Twitter

https://twitter.com/markwil147/status/928369303048589312

MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E‏
@markwil147
Follow Follow @markwil147
More
How you expect to fly from china yesterday and playball day today , at least give him half a chance and put him on tomox ????
1:11 PM - 8 Nov 2017 from Wales, United Kingdom
12 Retweets 95 Likes Stuart j longKellie BarkerJeff DaviesSnookerBlog🇫🇮Joanne TurnbullSnapdragon 🎃🎃Hotel of the Yearkatty kurilinaFaii
27 replies 12 retweets 95 likes
Reply 27 Retweet 12 Like 95
New conversation
Barry Hawkins‏Verified account @TheHawk147 13h13 hours ago
More
Replying to @markwil147
Every player in next group lost in the International at least 3 days before Selby won it! 🤔
7 replies 4 retweets 24 likes
Reply 7 Retweet 4 Like 24
MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E‏ @markwil147 13h13 hours ago
More
No comment

Folks I hope you are gathering up the Twitter links ! :cool::smile::grin-square::grin:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookerbacker

http://www.snookerbacker.com/

Quote .

" Thanks to all readers for your company both on here and on Twitter this year. I’m not blogging as much as I used to and in the spirit of the modern game, very much ‘picking and choosing’ events to cover and to watch.

The next blog you will see on here might ruffle a few feathers. As well as eating and drinking to excess I’m spending the next week gathering and adding to evidence of the continued presence of match fixing in snooker. But let’s not ruin anyone’s Christmas.

In the meantime, be kind to animals, consider rescuing one or donating to charity that helps them, don’t bet on or visit greyhound racing and have a lovely Christmas. My favourite Christmas song of the year is featured below. "

Merry Christmas !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookerbacker : If it Ain’t Broken….

Quote .

" With the yuletide festivities out of the way it will soon be time again to turn our attention to the second half of a packed season on the baize. Barely a weekend will pass between now and the big one in Sheffield where there won’t be snooker of some description taking place somewhere on the planet.

The man widely held responsible for this wall to wall potting is of course, Barry Hearn, who is never short of a word or ten when it comes to promoting the sports he owns. Just a few weeks ago, he could be heard heralding snooker as ‘the envy of other sports’ in relation to the penalties being dished out to miscreants. Whether they are found to be in breach of betting rules or more rarely, if they have been caught red-handed fixing the outcome of a match or frame, you can be sure that Bazza’s bloodhounds will do their work.

Two common factors in all the cases that have been investigated by the snouts at the Integrity Unit are of course, betting and bookmakers. Invariably, where there is a suspected fix on, someone, somewhere is usually making quite a bit of money out of it. When this type of thing is detected, the bookies get straight on the Batphone to Integrity Chief Nigel Mawer and the wheels of justice start spinning into action, at varying degrees of speed, with resultant punishments following.

It is however, exceptionally rare that this happens, well, at least the punishment bit. The most recent cases where this has resulted in lengthy bans have involved Leo Fernandez, who couldn’t have been more careless in his delivery of a deliberate foul stroke to order and of course, Stephen Lee, who had a file as thick as an extra large double thick sliced loaf once they’d dug out all his various misdemeanours; handing him a career ending ban to have with his doorstep toast.

But is snooker as ruthlessly efficient in rooting out the crooks as Barry would have us believe? Well, my answer to that is no. There is still an open secret in the rank and file of the game that knows it still goes on and it is almost always in a match involving a player from either Thailand or China. It’s clear that this recurring phenomenon is also known to the governing body, why else would they confiscate mobile phones from players hailing from those regions when they arrive at venues as they have started doing recently?

I’m sure the three matches below from the last few months are not isolated incidents and they add to a growing annual list of encounters that have gone exactly to plan before them. It’s not for me to speculate who is behind these fixes, but my guess is that the players are simply obeying orders. Generally, we’d never get to know about them as the betting is limited to the backstreets and bars of the countries involved, but now and again some of this knowledge finds its way into mainstream online betting websites used in other parts of the world, usually two particular firms. Then when these moves are spotted, word spreads in the gambling community and that’s how the likes of me get to find out that the outcome of a match is preordained before a ball is struck.

Let me explain.

Exhibit A – European Masters, 4th August. Micheal Georgiou 4-1 Yu De Lu

In the above chart, the odds on Yu De Lu to win the match are on the right hand side and the eventual winner Georgiou’s are on the left. Put simply, when the odds were first compiled, the Chinese player was a fairly strong favourite to win the match. However, such was the demand for the opposite to happen that just a few hours later Georgiou was being backed at ridiculously short odds to win at Pinnacle and Marathonbet, the two firms who routinely seem to take the hit when this sort of thing goes on. Georgiou rode out a very cosy winner racing to a largely unchallenged three frame lead and landing the gamble.

Exhibit B – Indian Open, 12th September. Matt Selt 4-0 Cao Yupeng

A less significant shift in odds than the previous example but still a marked one. Selt (left hand column) started favourite for the match with recent Scottish Open runner-up Cao marginally odds against. However, as momentum built, Cao’s odds lengthened at Marathonbet and by the time it all began he had drifted a point in the match market, which is pretty rare in snooker, where bookmakers tend to take a line and stick to it. Selt completed the 4-0 victory in rather pedestrian style with just one break over 50, a 55 to be exact. Cao scored just 76 points in the match. The gamble landed again.

Exhibit C – German Masters, 21st December. Mark Joyce 5-2 Lu Haotian

This is a good one. This was what one might define as a ‘quick fix’. Pinnacle this time taking a last minute hit on a Joyce win. In the 36 minutes prior to the start of the match the money started coming in for the Walsall man and the point drift in the odds on the Chinese player kicked in in the time it takes for Fergal O’Brien to eye up a long blue. Perhaps this is the new trend eagle-eyed punters will be looking out for in 2018. The last minute quick fix again delivered the desired result, from 2-2 at the interval, it was one way traffic on their return, perhaps after Lu got his phone back.

So, are these just coincidences? Well, that of course could be argued, but they stand out from the hundreds of other matches that have been played this season already. The money being gambled at online firms is probably from odds watchers on the other side of the world from the bars in China where the whole sting is being stage managed.

It seems clear from various responses from Barry on social media that he is aware of this, he talks of ‘ongoing investigations’ but we are yet to see or hear any evidence of these or any action that is being taken, other than the confiscation of phones, which may be a case of ‘after the horse has bolted’, ‘too little too late’ etc.

Spare a thought here for Stephen Lee, however you might feel about him and what he did, he was suspended immediately following a defeat to John Higgins in the Premier League in 2012 ‘on suspicion of match fixing’ and was never allowed back on the tour from that day forward. Why aren’t we seeing similar ‘pending investigations’ in matches where the outcome has already been shared around the snooker Twitter community with eerie accuracy? Particularly where there is evidence of price drifts as above, prior to the matches in question.

The arguments as to why this happens will be repeated again but the plain fact is that unless it is tackled it will continue as it has done now for years.

To single out De Lu, Yupeng and Haotian would be unfair without also singling out Zhang Anda, Tian Pengfei, Liang Wenbo and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh all of whom have been involved in matches with similar betting patterns to the ones above in the past. That’s even before we mention those who have disappeared from the tour over the years and have gone back to the amateur game in Thailand, where I’m sure there are rich pickings to be made.

So what, if anything, can be done? I’d not go down the obvious road of again questioning snooker’s relationship with gambling, the two have always been close as it could be argued are all sports to a greater or lesser degree. Instead, I’d perhaps argue that this is an inevitable consequence of the globalisation of the sport. Unfortunately, it’s not on everyone’s cultural compass to play fair, it’s also not on your average Chinese or Thai backstreet illegal bookie’s moral compass to not issue some pretty nasty threats should they not get their way.

In the meantime, punters over here will continue to bet on matches in good faith, unaware that in some cases, the result is pre-determined many many miles away. Or you could of course just become an ‘odds watcher’ and follow the money….. "

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Double Kiss.....

Quote .

" With the yuletide festivities out of the way it will soon be time again to turn our attention to the second half of a packed season on the baize. Barely a weekend will pass between now and the big one in Sheffield where there won’t be snooker of some description taking place somewhere on the planet.

The man widely held responsible for this wall to wall potting is of course, Barry Hearn, who is never short of a word or ten when it comes to promoting the sports he owns. Just a few weeks ago, he could be heard heralding snooker as ‘the envy of other sports’ in relation to the penalties being dished out to miscreants. Whether they are found to be in breach of betting rules or more rarely, if they have been caught red-handed fixing the outcome of a match or frame, you can be sure that Bazza’s bloodhounds will do their work.

Two common factors in all the cases that have been investigated by the snouts at the Integrity Unit are of course, betting and bookmakers. Invariably, where there is a suspected fix on, someone, somewhere is usually making quite a bit of money out of it. When this type of thing is detected, the bookies get straight on the Batphone to Integrity Chief Nigel Mawer and the wheels of justice start spinning into action, at varying degrees of speed, with resultant punishments following.

It is however, exceptionally rare that this happens, well, at least the punishment bit. The most recent cases where this has resulted in lengthy bans have involved Leo Fernandez, who couldn’t have been more careless in his delivery of a deliberate foul stroke to order and of course, Stephen Lee, who had a file as thick as an extra large double thick sliced loaf once they’d dug out all his various misdemeanours; handing him a career ending ban to have with his doorstep toast.

But is snooker as ruthlessly efficient in rooting out the crooks as Barry would have us believe? Well, my answer to that is no. There is still an open secret in the rank and file of the game that knows it still goes on and it is almost always in a match involving a player from either Thailand or China. It’s clear that this recurring phenomenon is also known to the governing body, why else would they confiscate mobile phones from players hailing from those regions when they arrive at venues as they have started doing recently?

I’m sure the three matches below from the last few months are not isolated incidents and they add to a growing annual list of encounters that have gone exactly to plan before them. It’s not for me to speculate who is behind these fixes, but my guess is that the players are simply obeying orders. Generally, we’d never get to know about them as the betting is limited to the backstreets and bars of the countries involved, but now and again some of this knowledge finds its way into mainstream online betting websites used in other parts of the world, usually two particular firms. Then when these moves are spotted, word spreads in the gambling community and that’s how the likes of me get to find out that the outcome of a match is preordained before a ball is struck.

Let me explain.

Exhibit A – European Masters, 4th August. Micheal Georgiou 4-1 Yu De Lu

In the above chart, the odds on Yu De Lu to win the match are on the right hand side and the eventual winner Georgiou’s are on the left. Put simply, when the odds were first compiled, the Chinese player was a fairly strong favourite to win the match. However, such was the demand for the opposite to happen that just a few hours later Georgiou was being backed at ridiculously short odds to win at Pinnacle and Marathonbet, the two firms who routinely seem to take the hit when this sort of thing goes on. Georgiou rode out a very cosy winner racing to a largely unchallenged three frame lead and landing the gamble.

Exhibit B – Indian Open, 12th September. Matt Selt 4-0 Cao Yupeng

A less significant shift in odds than the previous example but still a marked one. Selt (left hand column) started favourite for the match with recent Scottish Open runner-up Cao marginally odds against. However, as momentum built, Cao’s odds lengthened at Marathonbet and by the time it all began he had drifted a point in the match market, which is pretty rare in snooker, where bookmakers tend to take a line and stick to it. Selt completed the 4-0 victory in rather pedestrian style with just one break over 50, a 55 to be exact. Cao scored just 76 points in the match. The gamble landed again.

Exhibit C – German Masters, 21st December. Mark Joyce 5-2 Lu Haotian

This is a good one. This was what one might define as a ‘quick fix’. Pinnacle this time taking a last minute hit on a Joyce win. In the 36 minutes prior to the start of the match the money started coming in for the Walsall man and the point drift in the odds on the Chinese player kicked in in the time it takes for Fergal O’Brien to eye up a long blue. Perhaps this is the new trend eagle-eyed punters will be looking out for in 2018. The last minute quick fix again delivered the desired result, from 2-2 at the interval, it was one way traffic on their return, perhaps after Lu got his phone back.

So, are these just coincidences? Well, that of course could be argued, but they stand out from the hundreds of other matches that have been played this season already. The money being gambled at online firms is probably from odds watchers on the other side of the world from the bars in China where the whole sting is being stage managed.

It seems clear from various responses from Barry on social media that he is aware of this, he talks of ‘ongoing investigations’ but we are yet to see or hear any evidence of these or any action that is being taken, other than the confiscation of phones, which may be a case of ‘after the horse has bolted’, ‘too little too late’ etc.

Spare a thought here for Stephen Lee, however you might feel about him and what he did, he was suspended immediately following a defeat to John Higgins in the Premier League in 2012 ‘on suspicion of match fixing’ and was never allowed back on the tour from that day forward. Why aren’t we seeing similar ‘pending investigations’ in matches where the outcome has already been shared around the snooker Twitter community with eerie accuracy? Particularly where there is evidence of price drifts as above, prior to the matches in question.

The arguments as to why this happens will be repeated again but the plain fact is that unless it is tackled it will continue as it has done now for years.

To single out De Lu, Yupeng and Haotian would be unfair without also singling out Zhang Anda, Tian Pengfei, Liang Wenbo and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh all of whom have been involved in matches with similar betting patterns to the ones above in the past. That’s even before we mention those who have disappeared from the tour over the years and have gone back to the amateur game in Thailand, where I’m sure there are rich pickings to be made.

So what, if anything, can be done? I’d not go down the obvious road of again questioning snooker’s relationship with gambling, the two have always been close as it could be argued are all sports to a greater or lesser degree. Instead, I’d perhaps argue that this is an inevitable consequence of the globalisation of the sport. Unfortunately, it’s not on everyone’s cultural compass to play fair, it’s also not on your average Chinese or Thai backstreet illegal bookie’s moral compass to not issue some pretty nasty threats should they not get their way.

In the meantime, punters over here will continue to bet on matches in good faith, unaware that in some cases, the result is pre-determined many many miles away. Or you could of course just become an ‘odds watcher’ and follow the money….. "

Double Quote .

" So, are these just coincidences? Well, that of course could be argued, but they stand out from the hundreds of other matches that have been played this season already. The money being gambled at online firms is probably from odds watchers on the other side of the world from the bars in China where the whole sting is being stage managed. "

So what's your opinions folks ?