Peace proposal

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you.....I'm curious though.
200 miles there and 200 miles back...400 miles. And you will NOT digest it in one dose. There is a learning curve.
Why would you waste that time and energy when you say you have a coach right there in your own village who was one of the best pool hustlers ever, shoots lights out, laughs at aiming methods, and even takes players who've used CTE and has converted them into "seeing the light"....?
Why not just stick with what he says, grow with his methods, and become all the pool player you can be?
That's what I'd do.
Drive 400 miles if I already had access to one of the best players alive right 'next door'??? Not this little piggy...
What is the purpose?
Regards.
:thumbup:

All you said is true, but I would love to see someone use CTE to pocket balls. Maybe some day. All I have to pocket balls is a hard earned contact point/ relationship alignment. Sure would be nice to have a crutch.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
All you said is true, but I would love to see someone use CTE to pocket balls. Maybe some day.

You can do it without leaving your house. Here you go with Stan's son. He IS using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HYQjoHjwL4

You're familiar with this test. You took it. Here's Gerry Williams, CTE user taking and completing the test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCnBn29qa4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBS5D37-GhE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZYjVV0UTA&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSlxHVKeTJs&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDt2DSfgnhs&feature=youtu.be

If you think, "well, he shoots pretty good but he's NOT REALLY USING CTE, IT'S SOMETHING ELSE". NOPE, he's using CTE on everything. Here he is after a Google Search explaining how to properly use CTE and what he does. THERE ARE 3 PAGES you can go to. 1,2,3 with multiple areas of instruction and on table examples. This should keep you busy for the next week:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i263k1j0i10k1.0.kdJOA02MtEs

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
This comment pertains to "seeing" in "general". Not EVERYBODY will see the same thing and some people see nothing at all. "Perceptions" AREN'T the same for everybody. This goes for CTE or anything else that requires people to attempt to see the SAME "perception". You may see the same object in relationship to where the other object is, but it doesn't mean you can "see" invisible "lines" that do not exist in reality.

Look at this picture. I can see what is in it clearly, but other people can't see it at all.

I can't see it. I can sort of tell there are supposed to be four numbers I see them as vague shapes, but that's it. If I had to guess I'd say 1900, the 9 is the one I'm the most sure about, though I could be wrong? This probably explains why I haven't done so well with some aiming systems? My eyes almost fell out trying to decifer that picture.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
You can do it without leaving your house. Here you go with Stan's son. He IS using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HYQjoHjwL4

You're familiar with this test. You took it. Here's Gerry Williams, CTE user taking and completing the test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCnBn29qa4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBS5D37-GhE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZYjVV0UTA&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSlxHVKeTJs&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDt2DSfgnhs&feature=youtu.be

If you think, "well, he shoots pretty good but he's NOT REALLY USING CTE, IT'S SOMETHING ELSE". NOPE, he's using CTE on everything. Here he is after a Google Search explaining how to properly use CTE and what he does. THERE ARE 3 PAGES you can go to. 1,2,3 with multiple areas of instruction and on table examples. This should keep you busy for the next week:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i263k1j0i10k1.0.kdJOA02MtEs

It looks like he is doing the same thing I'm doing. I need to talk to someone that is using the left sweep and the shot, the right sweep and the shot, the bridge lengths, the pivots, etc, etc. Didn't you go to Hal to learn it?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It looks like he is doing the same thing I'm doing. I need to talk to someone that is using the left sweep and the shot, the right sweep and the shot, the bridge lengths, the pivots, etc, etc. Didn't you go to Hal to learn it?

You really need to view each and every one of the videos. Not only in his test but if you want to learn how CTE is used watch EACH video posted on those 3 pages of Google as well as additional ones on the right side of the page on youtube.

It's ALL explained.

Originally I got telephone lessons from Hal when he lived in California. When he moved to PA, which is where I live, I went to his house multiple times to learn in person.

After Hal died, I spent considerable time with Stan at his house in Kentucky. But whether it's Hal or Stan you have to learn to execute on the pool table and I spent a ton of hours doing it.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't see it. I can sort of tell there are supposed to be four numbers I see them as vague shapes, but that's it. If I had to guess I'd say 1900, the 9 is the one I'm the most sure about, though I could be wrong? This probably explains why I haven't done so well with some aiming systems? My eyes almost fell out trying to decifer that picture.
--------------

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Most likely you are sweeping into your shots when you're "letting go" with your play. It's when you experience hiccups that you revert to what you know as "logic" and then you go back to putting your nose behind the center of the cue ball. I'm talking about standing at ball address. Stand naturally for a few shots and ask yourself if your nose is behind CCB for your alignments? If it's not then you're sweeping into your shots. Sweeps are not easy to notice because the visual sweep distance amount is only about half the width of a tip. Don't pay any attention to bridge distances. Trust your vision for now.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All you said is true, but I would love to see someone use CTE to pocket balls. Maybe some day. All I have to pocket balls is a hard earned contact point/ relationship alignment. Sure would be nice to have a crutch.
-----------------------------:

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
What will your teacher have to say about you tinkering around with aiming methods he thinks are laughable.?
Can you take the heat from him? You can win a bet that he will have something to say about all that.
I'm thinking you have some lingering doubts about whether you're being taught the best stuff your time and money can buy. Could that be?
You say "it would be nice to have a crutch". Maybe the hard earned contact point/relationship you speak of, IS the crutch that's creating doubts...?
That "contact point" idea goes back to Mosconi's books. (which I don't believe he wrote himself, he wasn't that educated...he had an editor). Furthermore, I saw him play live many times. I watched him like a hawk and he didn't do any of that stuff himself...he was all over that cueball with various english and cue angles.
Don't get me wrong here...even though he had a pissy attitude, he was a TERRIFIC pool player, light years ahead of his time, but most of that stuff that appears in his books or even on his videos is not what he did himself when it counted.
Hitting a Million Balls is sure not the solution....if you hit the wrong place a million times, all that's done is reinforce how to hit the wrong place a million times
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

I am not tied to my pool teacher. He has been teaching full time for about 30+ years and knows a few things. But, I drive a Tesla instead of gasoline cars which I've owned about 100 of them by now. Convinced me I could do without the gasoline. I'll catch hell for saying this; but I think CTE must be learned by an on board teacher. How could one tell if he is standing 1/2 tip left or right addressing before the shot if someone didn't tell him so? Stan could fathom that by looking at the Russian in the drill video that I posted.... I could not.
Tor Lowry (Zero X), right now, is flying to many different places to hold clinics, teaching students, all for free and it's on his Youtube site. I would have to assume he is doing that to promote his "Pattern Puzzles" book which is for sale. Maybe some CTE instructors to fly around promoting it. We have a 24 9' pool tables here at a pool hall in Salem, Oregon and I'm quite sure I could load it up for the anybody that wanted to demonstrate CTE to the masses. My teacher might even come down for that.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not tied to my pool teacher. He has been teaching full time for about 30+ years and knows a few things. But, I drive a Tesla instead of gasoline cars which I've owned about 100 of them by now. Convinced me I could do without the gasoline. I'll catch hell for saying this; but I think CTE must be learned by an on board teacher. How could one tell if he is standing 1/2 tip left or right addressing before the shot if someone didn't tell him so? Stan could fathom that by looking at the Russian in the drill video that I posted.... I could not.
Tor Lowry (Zero X), right now, is flying to many different places to hold clinics, teaching students, all for free and it's on his Youtube site. I would have to assume he is doing that to promote his "Pattern Puzzles" book which is for sale. Maybe some CTE instructors to fly around promoting it. We have a 24 9' pool tables here at a pool hall in Salem, Oregon and I'm quite sure I could load it up for the anybody that wanted to demonstrate CTE to the masses. My teacher might even come down for that.

You didn't comprehend what I wrote. All that I asked you to do is to check your nose position in relation to CCB. If you are not behind CCB then you are engaged in sweeping to a CCB. I said that if your nose is slightly away from the Cb center, the distance is about 1/2 tip. If you are indeed offset to center, then you can be assured that your subconscious mind knows what perception looks right for ball address. CTE serves to explain all of this. The details would come later. Don't think for even one minute that the pros aren't seeing their shots from an offset.....They are and they can't explain it.

Stan Shuffett

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
No wonder I have to rely on an aiming system. I don't see a thing but a bunch of dots. (I thought it was a trick question...my answer was 2 and 10).

:eek: <====pathetic me.

Not sure if this vision test is more a test of color vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael S

Registered
Good evening!

It took me several months of watching the first DVD, asking Stan questions via Email, and lots of table time to really see what is happening to really finally "get it". Sweeping from left to right was easy but sweeping right to left was more difficult because I'm left handed. It took time at the table. Stan was very patient answering the questions. Now I'm about 90% Pro One and about 10% Perfect perception (15 and 30). The hardest thing for me to grasp was the 45 and 60 outside/inside. I still practice these. The main point is this takes table time to see the perceptions correctly.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm trying not to get dragged back into this because I know where it leads. But, if we can keep it civil, here goes: All I am saying is that CTE gets you in the neighborhood of the pocket. It might be dead on or off by 3 inches depending on the actual ball alignment. My contention, absent any other evidence, is that when you sweep or even pivot into the shot, you make an adjustment that you are not accounting for. It might even happen during the stroke.

If you take the same shot in your example above but move the ob 2 inches to the left, you will miss the pocket 2 inches to the left if you perform the same CTE step. Of course all you guys say I am wrong and Stan says he will explain it in the book. So fine, I can live with that. We don't need to keep rehashing it for no reason. Just drop it and let Stan actually explain what he calls the mystery of CTE in his book.

If you want to let this degenerate into name calling then so be it. The alternative is to behave like an adult.

I didn't call you any names. Just pointing out that you are totally wrong about everything you say about CTE. You have no clue about it, very simple.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I didn't call you any names. Just pointing out that you are totally wrong about everything you say about CTE. You have no clue about it, very simple.

You here this a lot ..you have no clue about cte.
Not trying to argue here but what qualifies someone to understand it.

Follow directions and you get it to work or you follow direction and it doesn't work .

It seems on this forum only if you can make a ball with it qualifies you as understanding it I guess.

I would say there are many on here that can read..listen an follow directions wouldn't you.
What makes you so right about saying people just don't get it?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan said there are probably two people on Earth who understand how CTE Pro1 works -- mohrt and himself. Not Spider, Not Neil, Not Cookie Man.

Welcome aboard the Ship of Fools, clueless cookie man!

OK, you've done your baiting for the day so let's call it quits.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan said there are probably two people on Earth who understand how CTE Pro1 works -- mohrt and himself. Not Spider, Not Neil, Not Cookie Man.

Welcome aboard the Ship of Fools, clueless cookie man!

OK, you've done your baiting for the day so let's call it quits.

Spider flew to Kentucky in the not so distance past.

A player can use CTE successfully and not be able to spit out every detail.

I finished 25th in the US OPEN not know every visual detail. I ran a 105 on a tight Diamond not knowing every detail. I double dipped Billy Thorpe in a GSBT Bank tournament not knowing every detail.

Bottom line: I did not have to know everything about CTE to make it work. I played with CTE and worked to learn about CTE at the same time. I did not have to put CTE on hold until I had every last piece of the puzzle. My play as I went forward was important and the same can be said for anyone that uses CTE. You, Mr. White, are a nothing burger when it comes to getting after it, unless it involves your wordsmithing and then you can spit it out like alphabet cereal. You should be on a dang cereal box.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited: