Predator Victory vs Kamui Black?

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who've tried both... Don't knot which to get on my new Lucasi cue.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I know you didn't ask but I'd say you should consider G2 tips as well...

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Predator Victory tip delaminated on me. It was a huge disappointment. I will never use those tips again.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard bad things about the Predator but I absolutely love Kamui Black Soft and SuperSoft.

I tried Ultraskin and disliked it. I got miscues with that tip way more than with any other tip I have ever tried.

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard bad things about the Predator but I absolutely love Kamui Black Soft and SuperSoft.

I tried Ultraskin and disliked it. I got miscues with that tip way more than with any other tip I have ever tried.

What are the bad things about the Predator one you've heard?
Also I've tried Kamui Black S, M and H, so I won't be experimenting with that tip. As for Predator, I wanted to try it cause wel, it's from Predator XD.

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Really? I've been using Kamui Brown SS for over a year and just switched to an UltraSkin S. Have had more miscues with Kamui and the glazing issues. The Ultras have exceeded my expectations and for the price...wow! Maybe you got a bad tip? Shaped incorrectly?

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Oh wow, you mean some layers went off?

I used it for about a month. Next thing you know the 2nd layer from the very bottom of the tip was about 30% attached to the rest of the tip. Looked like some shoes falling apart at the sole. Just terrible.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Most companies simply change how much pressure they press a tip with and call it soft, medium or hard... I looked at the predators and they are no different... What that means is that you can buy whatever hardness you want but they are likely gonna be something else in a short time...

If you want out of the layered tip hamster wheel these should be on the market sooooon.... Different chemical processing for soft, medium and hard to fight changing over time....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=307764

Still looking at names :D

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=313385

Chris

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? I've been using Kamui Brown SS for over a year and just switched to an UltraSkin S. Have had more miscues with Kamui and the glazing issues. The Ultras have exceeded my expectations and for the price...wow! Maybe you got a bad tip? Shaped incorrectly?

Well I would have thought that as well but I knew some people who had the tip installed at the same time.

I finally changed the tip when I literally miscued on a soft center ball shot after just chalking the tip.

I have also found that I dislike the Kamui Black Medium so my dislike of the Ultraskin may be purely based on the hardness I had installed. I did have a soft though so I don't think it's that.

As for the Predator tip. I have heard from multiple sources they have severe delaminating issues.

They make mostly great products but the tips... not so much. The chalk on the other hand....

oshua86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play with old moori tips and liked them, then I have tried all kamui tips and ended up settling with kamui black hard strictly, only downside is that they glaze over sometimes, no biggie I just run over a bit of 150 sand paper and it's great again. Then i got a new Z2 shaft with a predator hard tip and it's the absolute best tip I've ever had, I'm so reluctant to change it, I love it. However, my experience with predator tips only consist of this one tip whereas I've gone through boxes of kamui black tips.

P.S: I did find someone who had one of the old moori tips and put it on my OB shaft, plays as good as my predator tip.

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered 2 Victory Hard tips, one for myself and one for a friend. After hitting a few shots the third layer down completely mushroomed out! After breaking it in, and re shaping the tip it still played like a soft. My friend decided to not install his after trying mine out. I would not order one again.
I found the best tip for me is a Kamui med-soft brown. But I think they stopped making them. I've had 6 installed and 4 played lights out. The other 2 had glazing issues but still played well.
Currently I have a Tiger Onyx and it plays extremely well and is very consistent from one tip to another. I just don't have the soft extreme juice shots without miscuing like I did with the Kamui MS brown.
I have tried, Kamui SS black, S black, M black, Kamui brown MS, M brown. All the Kamui's played great but most had glazing issues. As long as you stay on top of them and give them a scuff now and then you will enjoy them.

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered 2 Victory Hard tips, one for myself and one for a friend. After hitting a few shots the third layer down completely mushroomed out! After breaking it in, and re shaping the tip it still played like a soft. My friend decided to not install his after trying mine out. I would not order one again.
I found the best tip for me is a Kamui med-soft brown. But I think they stopped making them. I've had 6 installed and 4 played lights out. The other 2 had glazing issues but still played well.
Currently I have a Tiger Onyx and it plays extremely well and is very consistent from one tip to another. I just don't have the soft extreme juice shots without miscuing like I did with the Kamui MS brown.
I have tried, Kamui SS black, S black, M black, Kamui brown MS, M brown. All the Kamui's played great but most had glazing issues. As long as you stay on top of them and give them a scuff now and then you will enjoy them.

Wow, that sounds terrible about Predator... Thanks for the extra heads up. I went with Kamui Black Medium :)...

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm not a Kamui Black fan myself. I tried it out and it wasn't for me. That being said, I also tried a Victory M.... Well, if it would cost 5 bucks, it might have been good. But for the price, it's a huge disappointment. The medium I tested, lost grip very rapidly and glazed quickly. I had to resand it bits by bits to make it hold chalk and trust me I tried Predator chalk, masters even Kamui. It just didn't stick as long on my Zan tip or on my G2 tip. If you're looking for a soft tip, G2 is the best one I tested so far.
But if the choice has to be narrowed down to Kamui Black or Predator Victory.. I might end up chosing the Kamui black still.

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone, forgot to mention... Went with Kamui Black Medium as I've used it on my old cue and because of the bad comments on Predator Victory...