New OB XL shaft

twal

"W"
Silver Member
OB XL shaft
I just saw that Seybert’s has some of these.
XL these are 13.2mm size of the tip much like the Predator fat shafts.
What is odd is that I see it in the classic and then just XL . Not sure if there is an OB-1 XL or not. There is no taper info on this as well.
Anyway, I am sure Royce is the main authority on this and I hope he will comment.

Has anyone played with or own this shaft yet?
I would love to hear more information and I hope that OB Cues will be sharing more information as well.

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB XL shaft
What is odd is that I see it in the classic and then just XL . Not sure if there is an OB-1 XL or not. There is no taper info on this as well.
Anyway, I am sure Royce is the main authority on this and I hope he will comment.

I would love to hear more information and I hope that OB Cues will be sharing more information as well.

I think the OB XL is built in the OB-1 style and the OB XL Classic in the OB Classic style; both are pro tapered...

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB XL shaft

I talked to the guys at OB about getting one of these shafts. they seemed to imply that they offered an obxl in classic and ob1 style

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any reviews on these shafts ob xl or ob xl classic would be very appreciated. Anyone tried them?

Seyberts do sell them, and from what I have heard from OB, OB will most probably announce more information about them soon.

-Jon Birger

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I was going to comment the other day, but decided to think about it before I did. I've thought about it & I can't imagine *why* a person would want a thick shaft like this? It adds end mass (we don't want that) and obscures more of the CB (we don't want that).

My 11.75mm OB2 feels like a precision device compared to my old 314 at 12.75mm. My daughters McD has a 13.0mm shaft & it makes aiming awkward. I can't imagine 13.2mm's!

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
The OBXL is available from Seyberts as was pointed out (they ordered a bunch and got a pre-release exclusive on it)

It is a new shaft that should be added to our website this week and will be made available to all of our dealers as soon as we get it up on the website and also get more of them built!

The OBXL is identical to the OB-1 except that it is bigger at the tip, 13.25mm versus the OB-1 at 12.75mm. There is a surprisingly large demand for bigger shafts so we are trying to meet that demand.

Let me know if any other questions.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
I shoot just fine with a 13mm shaft. Going up to 13.2mm is not an issue.
I would prefer the feel of a standard shaft with just some ld properties.

We all like different things.

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
I like a larger shaft as well. I feel it gives a lot more stability especially on longer shots. And because I have a lot more surface of the tip contacting the ball I miscue less and get all the english on shots that I need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to comment the other day, but decided to think about it before I did. I've thought about it & I can't imagine *why* a person would want a thick shaft like this? It adds end mass (we don't want that) and obscures more of the CB (we don't want that).

My 11.75mm OB2 feels like a precision device compared to my old 314 at 12.75mm. My daughters McD has a 13.0mm shaft & it makes aiming awkward. I can't imagine 13.2mm's!

Go to about the 44 sec. mark on this video. Remember this guy always shot upright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX6S...fTUpq7l7FER5IMpUmZsgN68w&feature=results_main

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thicker shafts make playing the game easier. pocketing balls and playing shape get way easier. i've used my buddies 314 fat shaft it's about teh same size of this OBxl shaft. after a rack you don't really notice its that thick. it's not much different than playing with a 12.75mm shaft

DEXTER

Runde fan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why would you want it thicker, even if deflection was the same?

Does anyone know if Seyberts have demos of different shafts that can be shot with at the store?

They do have quite a few shafts there for you to try. OB Predator and others, and tables to shoot on.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to give one a try. I've never played with a 13.25mm tip, largest I've used is 12.25mm. All this talk about it being too fat... I'd challenge anyone to notice the difference between a 12.75 and 13.25mm ferrule.

charlieeeh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's definitely not hard to, given your fingers work on circumference as opposed to diameter. So you're looking at almost a 2mm difference.

I'd wager most of us here can tangibly identify even a .2mm difference from our usual playing thickness.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I meant in terms of play but I get what you're saying. That being said I don't notice a difference when using a closed bridge on my playing cue which is 11.5mm compared to my break cue, which is 12.75mm. My bridge grip remains the same pressure regardless.