ABR 2nite: U.S. Open Redux

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
Tonight we get to hear some candid commentary from Barry Behrmann about the U.S. Open and it's friends and foes. Listener discretion is advised.

Female champion Jennifer Beretta discusses being elected to represent the " west " in the Queen's Cup competition, and the stark contrast of playing before an audience of appreciative pool fans.

Scott Lee and Randy G. talk about the most common cue handling mistakes.

Rack up a game and join us tonight at 9pm CST
www.americanbilliardradio.com

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Tonight we get to hear some candid commentary from Barry Behrmann about the U.S. Open and it's friends and foes. Listener discretion is advised.

Female champion Jennifer Beretta discusses being elected to represent the " west " in the Queen's Cup competition, and the stark contrast of playing before an audience of appreciative pool fans.

OH BOY! Barry lets loose toward the back end of this interview and I am sure at least one person on this forum will have something to say.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I should probably do one of those disclaimers that: The views expressed in this program are not necessarily those of Mark Cantrill, The Legends of Champions Report, or American Billiard Radio....

classic! :rotflmao1:

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play a drinking game and every time Barry says "Retard" or "Retarded" take a drink. By the way I don't like the term and I don't think Cantrill liked it either from what I heard.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play a drinking game and every time Barry says "Retard" or "Retarded" take a drink. By the way I don't like the term and I don't think Cantrill liked it either from what I heard.

I have not listened to this interview yet, but from the last ABR interview of Barry you could have a drinking game for every time he said "I want Roberta to talk now". Double drink for every time he said that and then continued talking for a half hour :*)

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is there any way on your embedded audio player that you can add a volume control? Nearly every site we use has one that way our individual speaker settings can be left alone. Thanks.

ABR_screenshot.jpg

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there any way on your embedded audio player that you can add a volume control? Nearly every site we use has one that way our individual speaker settings can be left alone. Thanks.

View attachment 378727

I'm sorry Joe , but using the software that we do, a volume control on that player isn't possible. I'm guessing it's designed that way to be simpler for smartphone users, which we do appreciate very much.
However, if you subscribe/download via rss or iTunes, the volume control option is available.
Thanks for listening sir!

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry Joe , but using the software that we do, a volume control on that player isn't possible. I'm guessing it's designed that way to be simpler for smartphone users, which we do appreciate very much.
However, if you subscribe/download via rss or iTunes, the volume control option is available.

Haven't listened to this episode yet, usually put it on my stereo while I practice, but to hijack this thread I have to agree with Joe Jaguar, the gui on the player is somewhat lacking for ABR, other podcasts have better ones, with more features than just volume control.

I use Feedly and gReader on android, (which I think is rss). It works, but is clunky. If you try and use the volume controls it switches to the next podcast instead.

Podcasts are really the only thing that works better on an Apple product than Android, in my opinion. Apple has it down slick and Android can be made to mostly work by a Techno Geek.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks, I'll look into it via iTunes then.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to the big announcement that he was selling it all?

And did he tell you to shut up at one point, Mark, or did I mis-hear that?

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
What happened to the big announcement that he was selling it all?

And did he tell you to shut up at one point, Mark, or did I mis-hear that?

BRussell, I did not hear Barry tell me to shut up. If he did I missed it but please believe me if he had told me to shut up the interview would have ended with a few choice words and then a click and my apologies to our listeners. For some reason I really don't think Barry would say that to me. Shit do I have to listen to that all again to find out?? What time about do you think he said that? I will listen back to it to be sure. I hope you are wrong.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
BRussell, I did not hear Barry tell me to shut up. If he did I missed it but please believe me if he had told me to shut up the interview would have ended with a few choice words and then a click and my apologies to our listeners. For some reason I really don't think Barry would say that to me. Shit do I have to listen to that all again to find out?? What time about do you think he said that? I will listen back to it to be sure. I hope you are wrong.

Listen @ 41:00
I can't tell if he said shut up or showed up...?

But I don't know why he would have said shut up unless he was just getting a little excited..

Either way, it's just Barry and words. Nothing to write home about imo

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

But I don't know why he would have said shut up unless he was just getting a little excited..

i'm pretty sure he said: shut your Aussie Arse....
which is actually a compliment - i say it to Mark all the time!
;)

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

Just listened to it and it sounds like he told me to shut up. To be fair on this I am going to call Barry and ask him about it. Just to see if their is anything I am not getting as far as context etc. I will be back with my findings. Not happy right now and I never heard that.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Just listened to it and it sounds like he told me to shut up. To be fair on this I am going to call Barry and ask him about it. Just to see if their is anything I am not getting as far as context etc. I will be back with my findings. Not happy right now and I never heard that.

you are wasting your time, Honey....
:rolleyes::yes::yes::rolleyes:

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Aha!

Ok Mark,

I listened a dozen times-

I cannot tell if he did in fact, tell you to shut up or "showed up with Ticketfly" but he didn't finish the thought.
but if he did tell you to-do you understand why?
:angry:
You were telling the people Accu-Stats is accountable and handling the finances, Accu-Stats and Pat Fleming
DO NOT to make checks out to Barry Berhman-

He's counting on the folly of those players who get a hold of him
to make sure he gets a couple or few checks made out to HIM in HIS name...

Slippery ____________ <- expletive

You were knocking his action...and he told you to shut up.

Capisce?

And I gotta ask-
If Pat is handling the all the camera work and money,
and Jay and Scott and Ken and John are tournament directors and emcees.

All aspects of business are being handled by everyone else anyway-

Will ding-dong continue to derail his own event?

Last edited: