Fight Night 011 One Pocket Danny Smith v Chris Gentile

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's O-N!! Fight Night 011 will take place in the windy city next Tuesday!!! Current 2 time Fight night Champion, Danny Smith will take on Poker Star and U.S.Open One Pocket runner up Chris Gentile!!! These 2 locked up for 26 hrs straight at Derby City with Danny giving Chris 9/8. Chris came out on top when the dust settled. Now they will play in Chicago at Chris' home room Chris' Billiards!! They will be playing even this time and we will play 10 hr sessions Admission is FREE in person or join us online PPV. Get your pass at www.poolactiontv.com

aaaaaaaaa1111111.jpg

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really looking forward to watching some of this live. They might have to put some stand up for all of the spectators :)

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the headsup on attendance. I will be sure and mention to Buddy to try and be prepared.

Ray

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Fat Tuesday...................

I can't believe Danny and Chris are going to be playing one pocket on Mardi Gras Day.................

JoeyA

It's O-N!! Fight Night 011 will take place in the windy city next Tuesday!!! Current 2 time Fight night Champion, Danny Smith will take on Poker Star and U.S.Open One Pocket runner up Chris Gentile!!! These 2 locked up for 26 hrs straight at Derby City with Danny giving Chris 9/8. Chris came out on top when the dust settled. Now they will play in Chicago at Chris' home room Chris' Billiards!! They will be playing even this time and we will play 10 hr sessions Admission is FREE in person or join us online PPV. Get your pass at www.poolactiontv.com

View attachment 374041

JoeyA

Silver Member
The Fat Tuesday Open. :D

Ray

Look man, you already have the best FIGHT NIGHT matches in the country.
Please leave New Orleans with a little pride. I hate to think that we lose "Fat Tuesday" to The Big Truck Show.

On a serious note, thank you for what you do for pool.

I'm just wondering if this would be a trip that I want to make right now, with the cold weather and all. There might be some other old bangers up there that would give ole JoeyA some one pocket action.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Have you ever been to Chris's Billiards? What can you tell me about it?

JoeyA

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

This is the pool room where they filmed some of The Color of Money..... Joey check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmlNFCZZXjI
So much history in that room and Danny and Chris will be making some more next Tuesday!!! Dont Miss this one guys

Remember all the up stairs scenes from the movie that was this pool room very cool old school place

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play at Chris's all the time, this will be quite an event.. Pack your cooler it's BYOB at Chris's!!! Hope to see all the local AZ members!!!

JoeyA

Silver Member
I play at Chris's all the time, this will be quite an event.. Pack your cooler it's BYOB at Chris's!!! Hope to see all the local AZ members!!!

How far is the airport from Chris's Pool Room and are there hotels nearby?

Thanks,
JoeyA

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
JoeyA

Hi Joey, Chris's is a straight shot from the airport on 90, maybe 5 miles. You might be better off staying near the airport and going in from there. It's located on Milwaukee Ave.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/O'H...aeade2fb99008e52!2m2!1d-87.758077!2d41.965078

I'd be happy to drive you in and possibly back out according to how late you want to stay. I'd look at hotels on the route, there are tons of them.. PM me....

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm just wondering if this would be a trip that I want to make right now, with the cold weather and all. There might be some other old bangers up there that would give ole JoeyA some one pocket action.

JoeyA

Did I hear somebody call my name?...:D

- The old banger Ghost

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
JoeyA

Joey,

The closest Hotels are at Ohare. You can get a really nice room for $49.00, 10 minutes from the room.

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fight night 011 will feature Larry Schwartz on commentary!!

Larry has been playing the game of One Pocket for 45 yrs and has done commentary with Accu-Stats on many occasions.

Larry won the Mcdermott National One Pocket Championship in the early 90's and mentored under Ronnie Allen, Eddie Kelley and Billy Incardone. Larry has written a column for Billiards Digest for over 20 yrs now. He is also the author of The 8 Ball Handbook for Winners available on Amazon. Larry was also chosen to play on the IPT 8 Ball Tour. Larry is currently the Billiards Instructor for Northwestern University in Chicago.

Please join us in giving a warm welcome to Larry in his debut with PoolActionTV.

Thanks,

Ray Hansen

Attachments

• larry_schwartz.jpg
    larry_schwartz.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have had several reports of other action at this event!! Flights are being booked, plans are being made. :D

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

Joey...here's some pics of Chris's from my picture files...

Chris's is a huge old school poolroom, on the second floor of a building in a nice neighborhood, with 40-some tables in three different rooms, sectioned off by archways...there are: two 9ft. Diamonds - six Diamond barboxes - seven 3-cushion tables, and the rest are gold crown's...and as you can see in the pics, Chris's is lucky in having the luxury of mucho square feet, which is great for the players - there's lots space between the tables (especially in the side room, and the back room - which is the biggest room) and the whole poolroom has several comfortable stadium chairs around every table.

This first pic is of the back half of the front room, where most all of the action takes place...the table at left-center, where the guy in the white cowboy hat is playing, and the table behind him, have now been replaced by the two Diamond tables - and this is where Chris and Danny will be playing...

The second pic is of the front half of Chris's front room...

The third pic, is of Chris's side room, which is the smallest of the three rooms ------->

- Ghost

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 726
  • 1 1 P1010938.jpg
    1 1 P1010938.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 711
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 702
Last edited: