Miliken Super Pro- Report

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing on Miliken SP. For a couple wks. I've been doing drills like 40 hrs worth now to date. Banks, long cut shots, line drills. Ive played all games so far straight pool, one-pocket 8,9,10, ball. As far as re felting the table goes. Only 1 thing to remember is when doing the rails it's harder, because the material isn't as stretchy as Simnois.Thats all. The blue (Miliken SP ) here is non glossy and very pleasant on the eyes. There was no noticeable break in period with balls, banking funny or balls skidding all around. Thanks for reading mark

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Have a pic of your table?

How does the cloth play compared to Simonis or Champion Tour?

Thanks

Woody

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bit more explaination

I am doing some 1-1 testing as we speak . I 'll keep all posted as the time goes on. A Special Thanks goes out to Mr.John Barton. I am just testing the cloths,To find all advantages and dissadvantges for room owners and customers wanting top quality cloth.It all comes down to cash out of pocket. Up here the cloths get replaced every 6 months,and its expensive! How did Danny Harriman say it best- Last of the Independents!!! Springfield rifleman thanks pm me down the road if interested. thanks mark

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Miliken SP well liked here!

I started the day on a 5-10 snooker, playing 8 ball all evening, watching the baseball game. which has blue simonis. I ended the night playing on a Gabr-with the Miliken SP- till 2:30 am. I have been asking others how they like table 211. I usually say the table was tweaked a little-leveling.All very positive responses- There is a lot of play on this table already with No signs of wear!! I wanted to shim the pockets- I couldn't miss after all the practice on the snooker- I do see the light of how, Mr. Strickland practices-5-10 small pockets. How did earl say it recently - If the tables were still 5-10 with small pockets-most Pro's,would be up the creek with out a paddle. mark

ScottTaylor

Registered
Milliken SuperPro is an excellent cloth, and less expensive!

From my experience, people really like SuperPro.

Jeremy Jones said recently in an interview on Runout Radio, speaking of playing on the cloth at the Generation Pool 9-Ball Championships, “The Milliken played great. The cloth was more to my liking, and did not take as long as some other cloths to break in.”

Here's a commercial from ESPN where a Charlotte-area room owner speaks of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgems28jS4U

The combination of great "out-of-the-box" play (no skidding, break-in period), the fact that it holds its play over time, and the extra durability of it make it an attractive alternative to other cloth out there.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Miliken blue versus Simonis blue

First picture is Miliken SP, second one is Simonis HP.
Not sure of picture quality.

Last edited:

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Miliken versus Simonis

DSC01341.jpg Picture 1 Miliken
DSC01346.jpg Picture 2 Simonis

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Miliken Super pro

There was a tournament this past Sat and Sunday. The players about 50 haven't got a clue the tables were different. I watched some players struggle because the speed was different. The cloth is in perfect condition, and I still prefer the color over Sim-- hp. The employees prefer the cloth as well. I actually played a guy who plays every day on the bar box with Sim--HP. I got him to play on the 9 ft next to him with Milikin SP- I had practiced about 3wks on it. His shape was off a bit- but he went off to the moon like a rocket. he never realized the difference. I kidded him ,maybe he should not play masters league-if he could not beat me. It is funny to see his expressions yet.and he has refused to play on the nine foot. When I come in I look for him and he has taken his cue apart and left like 3 times. I know its not funny to some people, but I'll never tell him. I'll just have to dump to him on the little table to be friends I guess. He is a great player he breaks and runs out on the bar box, I 'm sure it will be a while before he plays on any 9ft. Once again I will say the miliken is great cloth-playing and wearing>mark

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6-MONTH REVIEW- MILIKEN sUPER pRO

A lot has gone on in my life lately, but the miliken still looks good and plays well. And it is on a feature table getting more than its share of use. thanks Mr.John Bartrum. Hey John great read on what happens to cue cases when dropped!!! It was a great live demo- mark