Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What is the most expensive pool cue brand, cases and your most favourite?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
What is the most expensive pool cue brand, cases and your most favourite?
Old
  (#1)
timothysoong
TS Billiard Supply
timothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

What is the most expensive pool cue brand, cases and your most favourite? - 12-19-2009, 05:10 AM

What Pool Cue Brand do you think has the most expensive cues?

What Pool Cue Cases do you think has the most expensive cases?

Which Pool Cue and Pool Cases brand is your favourite and why?

--------

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
skor
missing shots since 1995
skor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond reputeskor has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-X69 View Post

--------

Thanks!
If you include custom cues and cases then the sky is the limit...

Old
  (#3)
greyghost
I aint afraid of no Ghost
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2009, 06:18 AM

If your talking production cues I'd say Schon and Predator have the most expensive cues.

I would probably say that whitten has the most expensive cases but I could be wrong....they aint cheap by any means.

Favorite production cue? Old Schon, Huebler
Case= whitten

I like the schons/hueblers and whitten cases b/c of the consistency of quality.

But I do not play with either cue, nor do I have a case at the moment (my old case was stolen along with some custom cues)

Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I play. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone shoot like that before.' It's more than just a game, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative.
-Grey Ghost-

Dont ever be afraid to go after what you want and to put in the work it takes to get there, just be willing to accept the consequences.
-Lane Frost-

Old
  (#4)
kingwang
AzB Silver Member
kingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond reputekingwang has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2009, 09:18 PM

The best don't come in "brands"

Old
  (#5)
Celtic
AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Celtic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skor View Post
If you include custom cues and cases then the sky is the limit...
Exactly, when it comes to custom made cues and cases you can pretty much spend as much as you want.

Murnak, JB, Justis, Whitten, any of these guys could help a guy spend $5000 on a case if the person insisted on doing so.

Want to spend 10k+ on a pool cue? Any cue maker can reach that mark with relative ease when they start getting into a serious number of inlays, gold ringwork, pink ivory wood or rare burls, ect...

Old
  (#6)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

12-19-2009, 10:37 PM

there are cues out there that bring over $100,000 with just a few phone calls.

Cases probably $5,000 is the highest. Mike Massey has a case made of wood thats carved into the shape of a shark-i think it was around $7,000.

Prices are only what people will pay, It has nothing to do with how good the cue plays, or looks. Its a supply and demand situation at the top.

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#7)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

12-19-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-X69 View Post

--------

Thanks!
my question would be ... why is the $$$$ relevant???

I heard a custom from the maker Rambow or Ballabuska

had a price of $20-$50..

any surviving cues by those makers in nice shape command up to 6 figures

on the other hand you could land a FANTASTIC playing production cue right off the shelf today for $200- $500...

do you want to play pool with it???

or do you want to show it off to your friends??? and never even chalk the thing...

people buy cues for lots of reasons..

I have about $800 total invested in my McDermott cue

and my action case was like $40 but I'm looking to upgrade

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help..

Last edited by softshot; 12-19-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Old
  (#8)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2009, 12:32 AM

Agree with all the above. The sky is the limit with custom cues. One of the local cue makers here had one for around 7K that had 18 carat gold, diamonds and ruby stones with a ton of ivory in the cue. It was beautiful, was only made for one of his collector clients, and will probably never see chalk on the tip, much less be used to play. What a waste of a beautiful cue.

Old
  (#9)
timothysoong
TS Billiard Supply
timothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2009, 04:13 AM

I know that price doesn't matter, its all up to your own personality. I just want to know non-other than custom made ones, which brand actually has the most expensive and is the top rated brand. But well I myself are using custom made ones, just wanted to ask, the top rated brands. =P

Old
  (#10)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!
trustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

12-20-2009, 12:46 PM

top rated "BRANDS" =

NIKE
Microsoft
Coca-Cola
Phillip Morris
John Deere
Kraft/Nabisco
Hershey
Kohler
Ford
GE
Intel
Levi-Strauss
Caterpillar
McDonalds
etc. etc. etc.

to name a few top American brands, though some may not be doing so well at the moment. They all offer things "more affordable, and higher end stuff".
As far as cues go - brandwise....again, US - Viking, Meucci, Joss, McDermott, Pechauer, Jacoby, Schon (and more, I'm sure)...all would likely make you a cue that costs as much as you want. $1K - no problem, $2K - sure, $10K+ - they'll throw in the kitchen sink. What are you looking to learn in this post? Everyone has a different idea of which cue plays better than the other..... Best? Depends on who answers.

player - Jacoby w/Edge Hybrid by Jacoby shaft (12.65mm)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=131052
breaker - Jacoby (laminated butt and shaft)

Last edited by trustyrusty; 12-20-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Old
  (#11)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

12-20-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwang View Post
The best don't come in "brands"

Old
  (#12)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

12-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Most Expensive Brand: Black Boar
Favorite cue: Black Boar
Case: Custom. Lots of folks (brands) can make you one for as much as you want to pay.
Favorite case: old Jay Flowers originals.

Old
  (#13)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

12-20-2009, 04:12 PM

McDermott, Viking, and Joss all make very fine cues and are probably at the top of the production cue brands. Their starter cues are in the 100 to 200 range. Their highest end cues can be close to 2000. They are made in the USA. They make a very high quality product. They stand behind their product.

Of the 3, I believe the McDermott designs on their high ends are the fanciest and best looking.

Shaft wise, McDermott offers the Intimidator (also knows as I-Series) shafts. These shaft are low deflection, like Predator shafts, and play very well, if you prefer low deflection cues.

Old
  (#14)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Are you wanting to say that you've paid more for a case with cues than anybody? If so, contact me by personal message...I'd be happy to grant your wish.

Old
  (#15)
deanoc
AzB Gold Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-20-2009, 04:33 PM

Give the guy a break,he just asked a question.What is the most expensive cue?

My guess is Black Boar,they regularly sell for $20,000

Which case is the most expensive? I have heard Jack Justice cases sell for $3000

Which is my favorite and why?--there are several that are my favorites,and I can not say which one. I could put 10 names here,but someone else might put a different 10.
Not only that but to make it complicated these are my best friends,and I would not want to say

Which case is the best in my opinion? I am a cowboy type so I am going to say Rusty Melton hand tooled cases

you didn't ask for top 3,but I would say Ron Thomas and Hunters',Steve Feld does a western style that is as nice as any

To hedge further,Sterling cases makes a $110 4x8 case,that serves the purpose,and I like it too,purely functional. in my opinion.
This is the best buy for function only and price

Why? All 3 of these are beautiful cases,that are more than just a place to put the cue

Last edited by deanoc; 12-20-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: