Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Simonis vs. Championship Cloth
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Get_A_Grip
AzB Silver Member
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

12-03-2005, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipponbilliards
Is there any difference in the way they play?

Thank you.

Richard
The Simonis 860 and the Championship Tour Edition play very similar. Don't notice any difference with respect to the speed of the cloth.

Granito Cloth
Old
  (#17)
SirBanksALot
NoMakeANoBallANoMoreA
SirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant futureSirBanksALot has a brilliant future

vCash: 1700

Granito Cloth - 12-03-2005, 06:25 PM

I have had italian made Granito (sp?) cloth on two tables and it was absolutely fantastic. No rips and the cloth stayed fast for a long, long time. Muellers Rec sells it. The last time I checked - it was less $$$ than Simonis or Master.

Sorry, I beg to differ
Old
  (#18)
nfty9er
AzB Silver Member
nfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Sorry, I beg to differ - 12-03-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_A_Grip
The Simonis 860 and the Championship Tour Edition play very similar. Don't notice any difference with respect to the speed of the cloth.
This has been hashed over many times over the last several months and the consensus was that the Tour Championship was definitely faster. And I concur as I play on both almost daily.

"Straight"Shooter

Last edited by nfty9er; 12-03-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Champ 3030 (Tour Edition)
Old
  (#19)
kevpull
AzB Silver Member
kevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond reputekevpull has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Champ 3030 (Tour Edition) - 12-04-2005, 05:56 AM

Great cloth. Just slightly faster than Simonis. Wears excellent. Have it on my GC III. Won't try any other (Well maybe Granito). Cheaper than Simonis too!!!

Old
  (#20)
Get_A_Grip
AzB Silver Member
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2005, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfty9er
This has been hashed over many times over the last several months and the consensus was that the Tour Championship was definitely faster. And I concur as I play on both almost daily.
You know, that might be true. When I first got the Champ. I thought that it might have been faster than the Simonis that I've played on. My best comparison though was playing daily on my worn two-year old Champ. Tour Ed. cloth and then switching to Simonis.

Restated: The new Simonis 860 seems to play at the same speed as the 2-year old "worn" Champ. Tour Editiion cloth.

Old
  (#21)
Get_A_Grip
AzB Silver Member

12-04-2005, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBanksALot
I have had italian made Granito (sp?) cloth on two tables and it was absolutely fantastic. No rips and the cloth stayed fast for a long, long time. Muellers Rec sells it. The last time I checked - it was less $$$ than Simonis or Master.
I agree. My brother has Granito cloth on his table. Wears very nicely. But from what I remember, the Granito is lightning fast--even faster than the Championship Tour Ed.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: