nikki benish ?
Old
  (#1)
Mantis
AzB Silver Member
Mantis is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

nikki benish ? - 02-03-2006, 05:20 PM

I was wondering if she is still around. She was the nicest. When I was just starting out she couldn't be any more helpful. Just wondering if she is still playing.

Steve

(Sharkies in Anderson, SC.)

Last edited by Mantis; 02-03-2006 at 05:27 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Barbara
Wilson deleted my avatar
Barbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1125

02-03-2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis
I was wondering if she is still around. She was the nicest. When I was just starting out she couldn't be any more helpful. Just wondering if she is still playing.

Steve

Nikki got married and had a baby and I think her last name is Hollingsworth or something to that effect. She did play in a Regional Tour in the South - SEAL/FL Spirit Tour, maybe?? And she's still kicking butt in pool after all these years!!

Barbara

Old
  (#3)
sjm
The Youngest Old Schooler
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

02-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara
Nikki got married and had a baby and I think her last name is Hollingsworth or something to that effect.
That's right, Barbara. I seem to recall that Nikki's living in South Carolina.

One of the more shocking moments I've ever had as a fan of pool was when I saw Nikki execute a jump shot with a full cue during the 1997 Brunswick New York Classic. I'd guess Nikki is about 4'8", so I was just amazed by it!

Old
  (#4)
Craig Fales
Registered bubinga user
Craig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond reputeCraig Fales has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400
  Send a message via MSN to Craig Fales Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Fales  
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM

I always enjoyed watching her play...hopefully she gets back to playing.....
________
BUY MARIJUANA SEEDS

Last edited by Craig Fales; 08-25-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Old
  (#5)
Timberly

vCash:

02-04-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm
That's right, Barbara. I seem to recall that Nikki's living in South Carolina.

One of the more shocking moments I've ever had as a fan of pool was when I saw Nikki execute a jump shot with a full cue during the 1997 Brunswick New York Classic. I'd guess Nikki is about 4'8", so I was just amazed by it!
Greenville, SC... she usually plays in the tournaments at Jimmy Hodges place... used to be Gametime/Riptide... it was just changed to sport something or another. I was surprised to not see her name on the list of players in the Viking event they just had there. I haven't been home since last christmas so I'm not sure what she's been up to or if she's still playing.

Her last name is Hollingsworth now and SJM, I would venture a guess that you're pretty close about her actual height.

Old
  (#6)
MVPCues
<formerly Kelly_Guy>
MVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis

Steve

If I am not mistaken, there was an article on her in Billiard's Digest perhaps 5 years or so back. I believe she lost a sponsorship and was faced with the tough prospects of playing full time on the tour at her total cost and/or looking for another sponsor, so she decided to step back from playing on the tour full time and was going to play whenever she could and had no loss of love for the game. I'm not sure how that time frame fits in with her marriage and child as someone pointed out.

I enjoyed watching her play as well.
Kelly

Old
  (#7)
Wally in Cincy
AzB Silver Member
Wally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeWally in Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2006, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_Guy
If I am not mistaken, there was an article on her in Billiard's Digest perhaps 5 years or so back.
There was another article about 2 or 3 years ago about her attempting a comeback. She played in at least a couple WPBA events and then seemed to drop out of sight again.

Wally in Cincy

Old
  (#8)
Mike Templeton
Confidence........
Mike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Templeton  
02-07-2006, 09:34 AM

She's one of the nicest and most respectful players that I have ever met.

Mike

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in
his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Name: Mike
Cue: Olney Custom

Old
  (#9)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-07-2006, 09:53 AM

She is a sweetie. She is best friends with Kerry Hartsfield Impson and comes up here once in a while to visit.

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#10)
Kerry Impson
Former player

Kerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud of

vCash: 1175

02-09-2006, 02:24 PM

Yes, Nikki lives in South Carolina, her name is now Hollingsworth, and she has a beautiful baby boy who's about one year old now! Here's a funny story.....She was up for a visit a couple of years ago, and we went to Harvey's to hit some balls. We played for a couple of hours, and as each moment passed she hit them better and better, finally putting a pretty good spanking on me. At one point a Southern player who knew Nikki from years ago approached me and said, "You know what? She sure reminds me of little Nikki Benish." I laughed so hard I almost split open! As sjm noted, Nikki is rather diminutive - her cue is taller than she is - and I found it pretty funny that someone could watch a player who looks exactly like Nikki, plays top-notch like Nikki, is practicing with a former WPBA pro - and not know it was Nikki. It just cracked me up!

Old
  (#11)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-09-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Impson
Yes, Nikki lives in South Carolina, her name is now Hollingsworth, and she has a beautiful baby boy who's about one year old now! Here's a funny story.....She was up for a visit a couple of years ago, and we went to Harvey's to hit some balls. We played for a couple of hours, and as each moment passed she hit them better and better, finally putting a pretty good spanking on me. At one point a Southern player who knew Nikki from years ago approached me and said, "You know what? She sure reminds me of little Nikki Benish." I laughed so hard I almost split open! As sjm noted, Nikki is rather diminutive - her cue is taller than she is - and I found it pretty funny that someone could watch a player who looks exactly like Nikki, plays top-notch like Nikki, is practicing with a former WPBA pro - and not know it was Nikki. It just cracked me up!
Kerry,

Maybe the reason he didn't recognize her is because she lost all that weight, dyed her hair blonde and was up in Seattle, where he wouldn't expect to see her. I know I was amazed when I saw her again. She is just a beautiful lady...but I will never forget the profanities she emblazoned in my 'Show Me That Shot' book, after a pro match! ROFL

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#12)
vagabond
AzB Silver Member
vagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond repute

02-09-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Impson
I laughed so hard I almost split open! It just cracked me up!
Welcome back stranger!!!

Old
  (#13)
Kerry Impson
Former player

Kerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud of

vCash: 1175

02-12-2006, 10:30 PM

Thanks - just too busy most of the time to post these days....working sort of does that!!!

Benish is Banished
Old
  (#14)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers
cyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10000

Benish is Banished - 02-12-2006, 11:38 PM

Billiards Digest March 2002 I think is the article your referring to Kelly_guy.

"Whatever you are, be a good one" ~Abraham Lincoln

Check out Moaalii Leathers here:
Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:
Moaalii Leathers on Facebook

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: