Anwar LD shafts -

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I pretty much stay in the Main Forum on AZ Billiards and I was blind-sided by Jager Monster when he came by my pool room, Buffalo Billiards, in Metairie, LA where he introduced me to a LD shaft I had not heard about previously. It is the Anwar LD shaft.

These shafts are made in Indonesia and apparently Ricky Yang, the highly talented pro player from Indonesia plays with Anwar's shafts.

I hit some balls with the cue that Jager Monster had and I was impressed with the way that the shaft felt and how it performed. I only played with it for 5 or ten minutes at the most and while that isn't an adequate enough time to evaluate any equipment, I thought enough of the shaft to start this thread. The sad part about the other forums is that many of us do not visit these forums and we miss a lot of great information about the pool world because we don't visit these other forums.

I play with an OB Classic Pro which is an EXCELLENT shaft, with an 11.75mm Kamui Black Soft tip. Normally when I test out other shafts, I find that they do not perform (FOR ME) as well as my OB Classic Pro. I mostly test LD shafts on spin shots and all of the shots that I tested the Anwar LD shaft on, it performed quite well. I don't remember missing any of the spin cut shots and aimed the same way that I aim with my OB Classic Pro.

I seldom have trouble adapting to equipment and while 5 or 10 minutes is not a long time, I feel Anwar shafts deserve some additional attention.

Since I would never have seen Anwar LD shafts if it hadn't been for Jager Monster introducing it to me, I thought maybe some of our Main Forum members would like to know a little more about Anwar shafts/cues. I still don't know that much about them but I will be reading some of the other forums to get up to speed on them. I believe Anwar Cues AZBilliards screen name is axio in case you want to PM him.

There are some other forums that have some information about these cues/shafts and a quick search should turn up additional information about Anwar LD shafts.

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
I thank you for your review I really appreciate them extremely and even though you tried it for a couple of minutes...I will also post this message to sale forum for references...

Thanks a bunch

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, Joey. I'm always glad to see another contender throw their hat in the ring. The more companies we have investing in product development, the more our sport can grow & gain momentum (think uber techy golf).

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, Joey. I'm always glad to see another contender throw their hat in the ring. The more companies we have investing in product development, the more our sport can grow & gain momentum (think uber techy golf).

You're welcome. I don't normally post about products unless I have done some intensive testing of the product but the short test with the shaft made a very good impression on me.

Hope others who have used this shaft will give their opinions.

I agree that the more people involved in our sport the better.