Bar Table 9.1 Rotation

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Bar Table 9.1 Straight Pool

Try this, it's allot of fun. Because there is so much congestion on a 7 footer, remove the back row of balls and play straight pool on a bar table using only ten balls, run nine, leave out the last ball and utilize it for your break shot.

Last edited:

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I think i'll give it a try. Why not? I have a diamond bar box at home and this might be fun.

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
Your title implies that you must run the balls in numerical order (a rotation game). Is that what you meant or do you run them in any order as in 14.1?

Island Drive

Silver Member
Your title implies that you must run the balls in numerical order (a rotation game). Is that what you meant or do you run them in any order as in 14.1?

Oops, meant Non rotation, thx for the catch................I edited it out.

Last edited:

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
Thanks for the idea. Some days my practice partner and I cannot get one of the 9' tables and have resorted to 14.1 on the 7' which is very cluttered (one reason I don't like 8-ball on a barbox). This sounds like a great alternative. Maybe I can get my high run of 17 up...lol.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Thanks for the idea. Some days my practice partner and I cannot get one of the 9' tables and have resorted to 14.1 on the 7' which is very cluttered (one reason I don't like 8-ball on a barbox). This sounds like a great alternative. Maybe I can get my high run of 17 up...lol.

Plus it will definitly help your pattern play....have fun.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
This is a very good game for practice and fot 14.1 lovers that just have a 7' table. You also get to shoot the break shot 5 balls earlier each time. You can get into some high runs with it too. Johnnyt

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Try this, it's allot of fun. Because there is so much congestion on a 7 footer, remove the back row of balls and play straight pool on a bar table using only ten balls, run nine, leave out the last ball and utilize it for your break shot.

The only "issue" with this game -- because it comes from habit of those that normally play on the barbox -- is when retrieving the pocketed 9 balls, to *NOT* to rack them into the familiar "auto-pilot" diamond shape. You need to rack these 9 balls into a triangle shape, with the head ball missing.

The first time you do that (rack those 9 balls into a diamond, that is), you'll feel silly, especially if people are watching. :eek:

Otherwise, it's a great game for those that want to play 14.1, but don't have access to a 9-footer. 15 balls on a barbox is kind of tight (clustering and position-wise), so 9.1 is a great alternative. Later, as you become good at this game and really get into high runs, you can put all 15 balls onto the table for a greater challenge.

-Sean <-- ran 143 recently in 14.1 on a barbox (all 15 balls in play)

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
Plus it will definitly help your pattern play....have fun.
I play 14.1 on a 9' tabnle three times a week so I think my pattern play is OK. I am looking forward to sharing this game with my practice partner when we don't have access to the 9 footers. Thanks again for sharing on the forum. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me reading posts.

14.1pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is a good game. I practice like this sometimes too but I use 11 balls. It gives a full ten ball rack plus your break ball. When you have a break ball on the side of the rack you will have a wall of four balls the same as a regular game of 14.1.