Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Who The Hell Is Bucky Bell!!
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
1 Pocket Ghost
AzB Silver Member
1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-04-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossSideLarry
Well said. And yes, I would certainly agree, Bucky was the "Real Deal" and had the total package!

Cross Side Larry

Just a short story that adds to the "total package" comment....Bucky also played decent 3 cushion billiards.....In the mid 90's I passed through Cincinnatti on my way to Florida and ran into Bucky at the action poolroom there that at that time I think maybe he was part owner of, or the manager ?.....Anyway, bottom line is, they had one billiard table there, and Bucky was the best 3 cushion player of the room, so we played some $100 a game 3 cushion.

Old
  (#17)
TheCueHunter
I collect daughters
TheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-07-2006, 12:59 AM

Deleted....posted by a former user of my acct.....

Last edited by TheCueHunter; 12-30-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Oh Come On!!
Old
  (#18)
9BallBust-O
Draw that Rock
9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute9BallBust-O has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Come On!! - 03-08-2006, 09:47 AM

The man has helped me for free more times that I can count. As far as talkin $hit, dude this is pool, its about as honest and real as politics. Hey everyone gets pissed when they win. Ive NEVER went on TILT when I lost , till last Thursday when I found myself throwing my stick across the room because I lost way more than I could take at that point. As far as pool goes - look, most of the game is played off the table. Not everyone is nice all the time. Hey - all I know about Bucky is what I see first hand, everything else is rumor.

Lawman
Old
  (#19)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

Lawman - 03-08-2006, 04:01 PM

Hey lawman,
I feel that if you are going to speak negatively about bucky on a forum the least you can do is indentify yourself. Sounds like you have had numerous run ins with him so im sure any cincy regulars will know you.

Ian
________
Harley-Davidson XA

Last edited by xianmacx; 01-20-2011 at 09:58 PM.

whatever
Old
  (#20)
im2fast4u2catch
AzB Bronze Member
im2fast4u2catch is on a distinguished road

whatever - 03-08-2006, 06:40 PM

you can have you 3 or four people that will back you up but i absolutly certian that bucky will have 1000 supporters. yeah he is a woofer but arnt we all. and when you have met, played, and known as many people as somebody like bucky has your not going to be liked by everybody. i mean comon. ghandi had people try to kill him same as m.l.k. jr. and they were loved by all. everybody has off days. you remember more of the negative than the positive. and i will go on record that you are the first person that i have ever heard publicly bash bucky bell.
just my piece
b

Old
  (#21)
cuesmith
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
cuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cuesmith  
03-08-2006, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2fast4u2catch
you can have you 3 or four people that will back you up but i absolutly certian that bucky will have 1000 supporters. yeah he is a woofer but arnt we all. and when you have met, played, and known as many people as somebody like bucky has your not going to be liked by everybody. i mean comon. ghandi had people try to kill him same as m.l.k. jr. and they were loved by all. everybody has off days. you remember more of the negative than the positive. and i will go on record that you are the first person that i have ever heard publicly bash bucky bell.
just my piece
b
I agree! I've known Bucky for about 25 years and I won't say I've never seen him, "act up", everyone gets pissed off once in a while, especially when they compete! But the good things that's Bucky's done have far outweighed the few times he's "gone on tilt"! He really is generous with his knowlege and is happy to talk to you and answer any questions he can. Yeah he has a lot of pool stories, and he remembers the times he's won better than the losses, like most of us, but he is the "real deal" and has spent a life time playing pool at a very high level. At one time or another he probably beat all the top players of his time! I'm not claiming he's another Efren, but there was a time when it took a player like Efren to beat old Bucky! He also plays pretty sporty 3C billiards, for a pool player! As someone else mentioned, Bucky likes to teach women to play and used to give free lessons to Ewa Mataya, when he was living in Michigan many years ago. He and Jimmy M were good friends then.
Don't think that Bucky's stories are just "hot air"! I witnessed some of them and have reliable knowlege of many more! Bucky's lived the hard life of a pool player who's talents are seldom appreciated! He's won a lot and lost a lot over the years, but he's had the courage to get up and play a lot of the greatest players in the world, which is more than most of us here can claim!

just more hot air!

Sherm

just more hot air!

Sherm

Sherm Custom Billiard Cues
cuesmith@ymail.com
Sort of retired!

Last edited by cuesmith; 03-08-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Old
  (#22)
TheCueHunter
I collect daughters
TheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond reputeTheCueHunter has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2006, 01:28 AM

Deleted....posted by a former user of my acct...

Last edited by TheCueHunter; 12-30-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Old
  (#23)
TheCueHunter
I collect daughters

03-09-2006, 01:31 AM

Deleted.....posted by a former user of my acct....

Last edited by TheCueHunter; 12-30-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Old
  (#24)
jnav447
AzB Silver Member
jnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond reputejnav447 has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2006, 02:29 AM

Lawman888 - we hope you had a pleasant stay at AZ Billiards...next time you are in the area, or next time someone tries to honor a pool player's memory, feel free to stop in and grace us with your presence again.

"Fun players, huh? I'm gonna buy all you mooches a cue stick and put a mop on the end so you can get some use out of it" - Minnesota Fats

Old
  (#25)
TheCueHunter
I collect daughters

03-09-2006, 09:30 AM

Deleted....posted by a former user of my acct.....

Last edited by TheCueHunter; 12-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Old
  (#26)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2006, 11:10 AM

My point is, you are talking negatively through a computer about a man who is not here to defend himself. If your negative passion is so strong that it has brought you outta 5 years lurking id imagine you have told bucky face to face that you do not like him. Therefor you should have no problem telling us who you are.

Ian
________
easy vape vaporizer

Last edited by xianmacx; 01-20-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Old
  (#27)
El-ahrairah
Banned
El-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond reputeEl-ahrairah has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2013, 12:59 AM

Bucky Bell is alive and well. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but some of the posts seem unsure about that fact.
He strolled into our pool room a couple weeks back and had a pretty good laugh on me. He's just getting around after a car accident that banged him up pretty good, but he's played in a few of our tournaments and won at least two of them that I can think of off the top of my head. He beat some of the best players in the city in one of them and some of the best players from other nearby cities in another.
I've also witnessed him lose from the chair to a fish (master angle shooter fish tho) in a match where he should have mopped the floor with the guy. In his defense, it was really late, he'd been playing for hours, the fish was sharking him in every conceivable way, and he'd mentioned being really sore hours earlier when he was in dead stroke and mowing people down. He didn't offer a word of complaint or excuse while eventually losing to the fish. He just shook his hand and congratulated him. He did attempt to get himself revved up by offering the guy a hundred on the side in the second set, but the fish turned it down.
Like many people, I heard story after story of Bucky Bell before meeting him. I expected someone much bigger. =) I'll say this, he is one of the most interesting people I've ever ran into in a pool room. His tricks and stories, I could watch for hours. He's getting some things on video since he's over 70 now. Possibly working on a book with a guy, I'm not positive. He still has the "Who the Hell is Bucky Bell?" cue and moves his ball impressively, especially his draw stroke. It's outrageous for a guy his age. His break is pretty sporty too for a little guy of his age and weight.
I should be seeing him tomorrow for our Thursday nighter, he's been playing the Thurs-Sat schedule here. Maybe he wouldn't mind if I snap a pic or two of him and his cue to post in here. I'll ask.

Old
  (#28)
BHQ
we'll miss you
BHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond reputeBHQ has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2013, 03:13 AM

glad someone dug up this 7 year old thread
i never saw this one

i first met bucky or clarence, his real name,
right around '06 at golden tee in cincinnati
that's when i started playing pool
bucky being bucky, eventually made his way over to me banging balls around
and showed me some things and we ended up talking for hours

but my favorite bucky story was a a few years later.
i was at michaels, shooting with a friend,
for our regular saturday special , $6 from noon till 6pm
bucky stopped by to shoot the breeze

as we were talking bucky just couldnt keep his eyes off the 3 young kids a few tables away.
they were all about 10? 12 maybe
they were just slamming balls around like an out control pinball machine on speed
you get the picture

bucky just loves to teach
he made his way over to the kids and did what bucky does, began teaching
the boys looked like they were in trance as bucky spoke and demonstrated technique, etc. to them

he must have spent 2 or 3 hours with those kids.
when he was done, the boys kept playing,
practicing what bucky showed them
completely different demeanor from B.B. (before bucky)
i'd like to think those kids went on to develop a real interest in pool and are out there somewhere playing, the RIGHT WAY
he did a nice thing there and i'll always remember it

as of 3/14/2012 ,
i can't accept any new orders until '13
anyone that's already spoke with me about a cue
you're good to go

Old
  (#29)
CreeDo
Captain Fishtastic
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
01-17-2013, 08:48 AM

I like to hear that kind of story BHQ. Seems like all the ones before went like: "I saw bucky play some local and lose"... good advertisement if you're looking to hustle but not exactly uplifting. Those kids probably still have the pool bug.

Old
  (#30)
The Saw
Juicy Pop in 2016!
The Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

01-17-2013, 11:54 AM

A couple of great Bucky quotes....

"You're firing a toothpick at a sawmill son!!!"

Funny thing was, the stakehorse wouldn't bet what I wanted to after Buck said that... Then after a few hours of play he and Chris were even and the stakehorse for sure wouldn't bet more, so the guy that was a baseball scout for the Reds that hung around Beechmont (can't remember his name) bet 2 dimes. Chris wins the 8 ahead in 40-45 minutes from there... I knew it was a stone cold lock from the word go because Ricky Carelli asked me if I wanted to give any of the bet up.... LOL

"Let me tell you a little story about the pumper...."

"That was a free tip for your non-educated pool ass." ~ Donny Mills

"why did i bet the most?
hmmmm thats what i do.
" ~ Chris Bartram

"F it, I'll just give you ball in hand....." ~ Jeff Locke

"You hang on his nuts like a one armed man on a zipline." ~ ScottyDzntKnow

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: