Illinois Billiard Club Straight Pool League

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Another tough week at the Illinois Billiard Club in store for us. Look what I just received in my email today:

Greetings to All:

This weeks (4-20-08 ...Tues., Weds, Thrs. and Friday) menu of complimentary snack for all IBC league contenders. The trayed sandwiches and salads will be placed in the walk-in coolers first brown door to the left. Please ... Just help yourselves.

Mini French Roll Sandwiches
Buttered mini French rolls with thin sliced
Hickory Smoked Ham piled high on garden fresh leaf lettuce.

Buttered mini French rolls with piled high thin slices of
Smoked Breast of Turkey served on garden fresh leaf lettuce.

Thin slices of oven Roasted Pork Loin served with or
without Bonnie's Barbecue Sauce.

Bonnie's Signature Salads
Three - Bean with oil and white vinegar
Sweet-sour Cole Slaw

Weekend make-up matches: This weekend is wide open for any league make-up matches and, members open play ... just call or E-mail to firm up your intentions.

The Illinois Billiard Club and Bonnie's Dining & Banquets
"Collectively and with Integrity now servicing society for over 52 years"
Banquets, Private and Semiprivate Parties, Off-Premise Catering and IBC Memberships.
8442 - 8446 Archer Avenue - Willow Springs, IL 60480
"Call or E-mail us for your next special event"
708-839-5820 - 708-839-1331
www.PartiesatBonnies.com - E-mail: PJimandBon@aol.com

Good Health to All,
Jim and Bonnie

Attachments

• ibc42108.jpg
    ibc42108.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 272

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
And it is an absolutely WONDERFUL place to play. Great facility, great people, great players.

I had the pleasure of being Mr. Walsh's guest there once, and the place is just in a class by itself!

Thanks again Dennis.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
IBC leagues starting soon

If any Illinois Straight Pool players think you can put up with conditions such as are alluded to above, contact me by pm or at gwtlaw@aol.com or Rich93 as new leagues are starting the week of February 15 and spots are filling up fast.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Bump

League starts Tuesday and Rich93 is making up schedules this weekend.

If you want in now, speak soon or hold your peace until next session. :smile:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Bump for television coverage for Pool!

I am bumping this old thread to reintroduce some of our 14.1 players to the Illinois Billiard Club.

You do not see much pool on television but there was a feature story on ABC channel 7 this weekend on the Illinois Billiard Club and they actually mentioned straight pool several times in the story.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=8359795&syndicate=syndicate&section

By the way, the Illinois Billiard Club is going into its 39th straight year of straight pool league play.

This session, which starts this week, we have 19 players in our Tuesday league and 14 players in our Thursday more advanced league. There is still room to squeeze a few players in, if someone wants to move fast.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
New League starting February 6, 2012

The IBC and Bonnie's Newsletter -- December 27, 2011.

A warm welcome to both last weeks new IBC member, Mr. Robert D'Agostino, Chicago, IL, and, a second warm welcome to this weeks new member, Mr. Nathan Tavarez, Willow Springs, IL. While Robert and Nathan have yet to meet one another they both share a common interest and will be competing in our IBC's 39th annual 14.1 leagues that begin the week of February 6, 2012. Other new members also joining Robert and Nathan in the new February leagues are Mr. Laurence (Larry) Keller, Chicago Heights, IL, and work schedule permitting, Mr. Dean Markoshan, Chicago, IL will both be ready for their first IBC 14.1 league.

The New IBC 39th Annual 14.1 leagues begin the week of February 6, 2012. Please sign up early and help make Rich Klein's (our master league coordinator) schedule design and layout a bit easier.

"Our Best wishes for a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous
New Year to All"
Jim and Bonnie Parker
8442 … 8446 Archer Avenue / Willow Springs, IL 60480
708-839-5820 / 708-839-1331
illinoisbilliardclub.com

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The IBC and Bonnie's Newsletter -- December 27, 2011.

A warm welcome to both last weeks new IBC member, Mr. Robert D'Agostino, Chicago, IL, and, a second warm welcome to this weeks new member, Mr. Nathan Tavarez, Willow Springs, IL. While Robert and Nathan have yet to meet one another they both share a common interest and will be competing in our IBC's 39th annual 14.1 leagues that begin the week of February 6, 2012. Other new members also joining Robert and Nathan in the new February leagues are Mr. Laurence (Larry) Keller, Chicago Heights, IL, and work schedule permitting, Mr. Dean Markoshan, Chicago, IL will both be ready for their first IBC 14.1 league.

The New IBC 39th Annual 14.1 leagues begin the week of February 6, 2012. Please sign up early and help make Rich Klein's (our master league coordinator) schedule design and layout a bit easier.

"Our Best wishes for a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous
New Year to All"
Jim and Bonnie Parker
8442 … 8446 Archer Avenue / Willow Springs, IL 60480
708-839-5820 / 708-839-1331
illinoisbilliardclub.com

HaHa, that's kool, I received the newsletter early this morning.. It's funny you've already are putting me on the map.. Now I gotta rise to the occasion and perform.. Lol!!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Welcome to the league

HaHa, that's kool, I received the newsletter early this morning.. It's funny you've already are putting me on the map.. Now I gotta rise to the occasion and perform.. Lol!!

I am playing a guy named Dean Bass there tomorrow. He is a braniac from Argonne National Laboratory. Some other heavy hitters are playing Thursday. You should come by and watch anyway and introduce yourself.

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am playing a guy named Dean Bass there tomorrow. He is a braniac from Argonne National Laboratory. Some other heavy hitters are playing Thursday. You should come by and watch anyway and introduce yourself.

That sounds like fun, I just might do that... First things first tho, I'll have to make sure my schedule allows for that.. As of now, I have. I clients oth those days but I'm pretty sure things might change. Either way tho, lemme know what time you're playing tomorrow as I think Wednesday would be better, but don't count me out for Thursday.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
That sounds like fun, I just might do that... First things first tho, I'll have to make sure my schedule allows for that.. As of now, I have. I clients oth those days but I'm pretty sure things might change. Either way tho, lemme know what time you're playing tomorrow as I think Wednesday would be better, but don't count me out for Thursday.

I'm playing around 6:30 or 7 but others will be there also. Both days. Early evening until late.

Dennis

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, I gotta play in a 8Ball league tonight Downtown.. I was gonna practice in my basement until 5-530 but if you wanna goto the club and bang em around, that would be awesome.. Hit me up.

-NT
NTavarez21@gmail.com
(708) 439-0119

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Also, I gotta play in a 8Ball league tonight Downtown.. I was gonna practice in my basement until 5-530 but if you wanna goto the club and bang em around, that would be awesome.. Hit me up.

-NT
NTavarez21@gmail.com
(708) 439-0119

So how did you like it??

A bit crowded with all 6 tables going and even the Billiards table getting some action.

I could not stay around and chat after getting done with my two matches in about 4 hours. I think you will like the straight pool league, whether you end up in the Tuesday league or the Thursday league. I guess the Tuesday league might be a little more relaxed and friendly while the Thursday league is a little more serious. They used to be mixed together all in one big league but it got too big. Tuesday is probably better to get used to the place and the people and the game. After that, you can see if you want to move over to the killer league. Some guys have come over from Tuesday and after one session, ran back to Tuesdays. Depends upon what you are looking for, I guess.

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis-

I absolutely love it! I'm still adjusting to the pace of the game and that cost me a couple games to 100 last night but once I found my groove I got on a few 9 and 10 ball runs.. Nothing to holler about around that crowd but to only play that game for about a month 10 years ago and then dive right in again, it feels good. I'm pretty confident that I'll improve at this game very soon. And that's another thing, the positive reinforcement from everyone at the club is just too strong not to get better, Jim walks out in the beginning of a run and comments on form, approach and stroke and how great you look, etc. etc. and then you get more confirmation from some of the other players and it does nothing but help alot, this game is nothing more than a decent application of mechanics and everything else is mental, having guys there that help your confidence, puts that voice in your head to sleep and thats when you unlock what you never knew you could do... As you can tell I'm excited!! Btw, I'll be there today to watch some matches and if there's a table open, maybe get a game in on learn 3-cushion.