Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I hate playing with a Girl
Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict
sfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
  Send a message via Yahoo to sfleinen  
04-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
I don't care what level they are playing child bearing on, I'm going to concede before that game starts!!!

Hu
Then you would win that bet, Hu. No?

-Sean <-- oh, concede vs. conceive

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." -Isaac Asimov

"They haven't got brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake, and they don't think." -Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Old
  (#92)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing
TheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ2107 View Post
really? i thought he would be godly like over there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpc5_3B5xdk
Absolutely despised. He died alone in a dingy flat, with his body undiscovered for days, I think. He was shunned by all but a few close friends.

In recent years there's been a bit of guilt about it, however, with many people feeling he was harshly treated. He was seen to epitomise the 'bad ole days' of casual sexism/racism, a throwback to less enlightened times. 'Alternative' comedians forged entire careers - and huge bank balances for themselves in the process - on attacking him.

In our current post-PC world, he's regaining popularity and I expect his 'successor' to become very popular indeed. There's a big opportunity for any comic that ditches the shackles of political correctness and introduces harmless fun/acceptable filth into his act.

The tyranny is nearly over and we will breath again. And, hopefully, be able to laugh again, without the gestapo looking over our shoulders, telling us what's funny.

Restraint? I AM showing restraint!

Old
  (#93)
incognito
AzB Silver Member
incognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2012, 08:37 AM

And where did you get these statistics from? There are plenty of men who play bar pool who know nothing about safety play either. I played against several of them last night. You could use that same arbitrary number you came up with on many groups of men too regarding safety play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
First of all, 92 percent of the pool playings Girls don't even know what a safety is, let alone intentionally play one. Of the remaining 8 percent that knows what safety is... "how" to play the game...most are on TV.
This makes no sense whatsoever. They must be putting way too much fluoride in your local drinking water.

Quote:
Weak assed breaks. "When" I played League, I used to Coach the "girls" up... playing a superior player...just put a little one pocket/straight pool break on him. Keep the cluster tight... It keeps you in the game longer and frustrating the Hell out of him when he knows he should whitewash ya. You might get lucky.

"I get lucky" Efren Reyes.

Old
  (#94)
poolplayer2093
AzB Silver Member
poolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
I have the same problem. Many men that I play haven't got the slightest clue how to play the game right. They take wild whacks at shots where they shouldn't and I wind up with no shot. It takes forever to beat them, and sometimes when they win by luck, the other girls laugh at me for losing.

What are we to do? Such problems.
try playing at a pool hall and not a bar. to be honest that's about how most bar players play. iv'e only run into a few women in pool rooms that actually take their game serious.

since childhood boys are taught to play games where there's a specific winner. most girls that play just play because it's fun. i actually matched up with this chick about a month ago. we played a couple cheap sets and they were clsoe but i won. anyway she said something that really made me respect her. after the 2nd set she quit and i said "if you want we don't gotta bet nothing. we can just play for fun" she said "i may be smiling when i play but don't get confused. I don't play for fun!"lol. coolest chick ever!

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/ith/#by=sp

Advice God- "tho shall not kill! unless they are witches, gay, heathen, enemies,muslims,slaves,poor,adulterous,rebellious kids,blasphemers or smartasses"

Insanity Wolf-" Dress up like little girl, and rape pedo bear!!!!"

MahnaMahna, get at me in person.

Old
  (#95)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThaiger View Post
Is that true? I've seen literally hundreds of female pool players and not one could play. Even those that are paid to play all day, every day, are pretty poor when they realise their opponent can play a bit. Some can cue straight and have decent fundamentals, but have little authority and zero mental strength. Why is this?
Where in the world to you play pool? It sure isn't from my neck of the woods. You should start going to real pool halls and stop hanging out at the local taverns or pubs where the main function is to drink, get drunk, and troll, instead of play pool. I gotta agree with Scott Lee this is a nitt statement and only really shows you like stirring the pot, and making stupid statements while not adding any real value to the thread. I guess women should be seen and not heard.......you know barefoot and in the kitchen. I would encourage you to get out of the 50's and come into the new century, but of course that is your choice.

Old
  (#96)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing
TheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketron View Post
Where in the world to you play pool? It sure isn't from my neck of the woods. You should start going to real pool halls and stop hanging out at the local taverns or pubs where the main function is to drink, get drunk, and troll, instead of play pool. I gotta agree with Scott Lee this is a nitt statement and only really shows you like stirring the pot, and making stupid statements while not adding any real value to the thread. I guess women should be seen and not heard.......you know barefoot and in the kitchen. I would encourage you to get out of the 50's and come into the new century, but of course that is your choice.

Actually, given Pangit's resident in Asia, I had in mind the pool halls of Thailand, where there are hundreds of girls who are PAID to play, and still can't. Most are mechanically sound and can point 'n' poke ok, but few can really master a CB and even fewer have any mental strength whatsoever.

Observations are entirely based on your level of play, obviously.

As for women being seen and not heard, we can all dream, eh?

Old
  (#97)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict
sfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
I have the same problem. Many men that I play haven't got the slightest clue how to play the game right. They take wild whacks at shots where they shouldn't and I wind up with no shot. It takes forever to beat them, and sometimes when they win by luck, the other girls laugh at me for losing.

What are we to do? Such problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayer2093 View Post
try playing at a pool hall and not a bar. to be honest that's about how most bar players play. iv'e only run into a few women in pool rooms that actually take their game serious.

[...]
Sam:

Fran's being sarcastic, at the expense of the OP and others still stuck in the 1950s (and IMHO, she did quite well). I'm sure an instructor/player of Fran's caliber plays in "real" pool halls, against "real" men, and holds her own.

-Sean

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." -Isaac Asimov

"They haven't got brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake, and they don't think." -Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Old
  (#98)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing

04-28-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfleinen View Post
and others still stuck in the 1950s
We live in a post PC world, Sean. I would say it is you that is stuck in a previous decade.

Old
  (#99)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict

04-28-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
We live in a post PC world, Sean. I would say it is you that is stuck in a previous decade.
Actually, it isn't a situation of being "politically correct," Tim. It's rather an issue of treating your fellow human beings (regardless of race or gender) fairly. I would think that latter part is TIMELESS.

Having the ability (or right) to say something, is different from the content itself. Sure, you can say anything you want. But whether you like it or not (and given other parameters, obviously), you *are* measured by what comes out of your mouth, or from your fingers on a keyboard. That has nothing to do with being "politically correct."

"Going against PC" is just your umbrella phrase -- an evasive one -- for you to hide behind.

-Sean

Old
  (#100)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorabelle View Post
wow.................
Every man that plays in my town gets beat by a girl.
Some guys will pay good money for that.

Old
  (#101)
TheThaiger
I don't like arguing

04-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfleinen View Post
Actually, it isn't a situation of being "politically correct," Tim. It's rather an issue of treating your fellow human beings (regardless of race or gender) fairly. I would think that latter part is TIMELESS.

Having the ability (or right) to say something, is different from the content itself. Sure, you can say anything you want. But whether you like it or not (and given other parameters, obviously), you *are* measured by what comes out of your mouth, or from your fingers on a keyboard. That has nothing to do with being "politically correct."

"Going against PC" is just your umbrella phrase -- an evasive one -- for you to hide behind.

-Sean
Do you think I'm 'evasive', or that I 'hide'? Really?

And if it is "timeless", why do you single someone out for being 'stuck in the 1950's'? I think you meant to say, but lacked the minerals, "everyone who lived before me was not as perfect as I am".

You are forcing your opinions onto people. It's the classic 'you are free to think what you like, as long as I like what you think'.

Why don't you start a PC thread in NPR, to save this thread?

Old
  (#102)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict

04-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Do you think I'm 'evasive', or that I 'hide'? Really?
By using the "PC" accusation, yes, I do. You are hiding *behind* it.

Quote:
And if it is "timeless", why do you single someone out for being 'stuck in the 1950's'? I think you meant to say, but lacked the minerals, "everyone who lived before me was not as perfect as I am".
Now here you are exaggerating. 1.) I didn't single you out, as you'll recall, I also responded to the OP. 2.) You go from me singling you out, to, using your words, "everyone who lived before me..." Quite a huge jump there, kiddo. A more apt and effective comparison would've been from you, to anyone who thinks like you do. Not "everyone."

And concerning "minerals," there you go thinking with that part of your body again.

Quote:
You are forcing your opinions onto people. It's the classic 'you are free to think what you like, as long as I like what you think'.
No, we are in a debate. And it were you who started the authoritative stance on "women are lesser creatures than men." I simply responded, yes, in a matched authoritative way, disagreeing. You just don't like the fact that I'm disagreeing with you just as strongly as you believe what you do.

Quote:
Why don't you start a PC thread in NPR, to save this thread?
There you go, stuck on the "PC" thing again. You're hopelessly spin-locked on accusing people who disagree with your "women are lesser creatures than men" stance as being "PC."

And concerning NPR, that is *your* home, not mine. I don't spend a wink of my time even going there, much less posting (this is a pool and billiards site, after all; I have no interest discussing non-pool items on a pool site). Odd that you brought NPR into this, unless you're an avid visitor.

Why don't YOU realize that we can simply agree to disagree? Yet, you keep replying to my posts, even ones not directed at you, and you get miffed because you are met with the same strong response that you hand me.

-Sean

Last edited by sfleinen; 04-28-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Minor clarification.

Old
  (#103)
Monstermash
Lock Ness Monster
Monstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond reputeMonstermash has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
"When" I played League, I used to Coach the "girls" up... playing a superior player...just put a little one pocket/straight pool break on him. Keep the cluster tight... It keeps you in the game longer and frustrating the Hell out of him when he knows he should whitewash ya. You might get lucky.
Really? I DARE someone to try that crap on me or any "good" player for that matter. Good players can break up the cluster and still hand you your arse. That may work on the mid level league players but if you're playing someone that has a clue, you might as well just concede the match and go home!

"Gambling? This is not gambling sir. Gambling is a wager on something you have no control over."

"You can't fix stupid!"

"As far as trading this cue for a Sugartree...let's not go down that road" - Tro

Every once in a while, the Lion has to show the Jackals who he is....

Player: PFD Studios Silver Arrow II

Case: J&J Whitten knockoff! Lol!

Breaker: Summit Purpleheart B/J

Old
  (#104)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict

04-28-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermash View Post
Really? I DARE someone to try that crap on me or any "good" player for that matter. Good players can break up the cluster and still hand you your arse. That may work on the mid level league players but if you're playing someone that has a clue, you might as well just concede the match and go home!
I agree. When I was playing in a handicapped traveling league, some of the opposing teams' captains would advise their players to put a break on me like that, not realizing that one of my two favorite games is straight pool. Invariably, I would find some kind of dead combo-carom inside of the stack; or they'd leave me with an open shot on a single object ball with angle for the cue ball to go into the stack and I'd blast 'em wide open; or, I'd play a 14.1 safety right back at them. (Obviously, the aggressive moves would take the 8-ball into consideration, so as not to pocket it early.)

Needless to say, that tactic didn't last long.

And it doesn't have to involve 14.1 skills either; any good 8-baller worth his/her salt knows how to deal with a "safety" break like that. It's only the bangers that think this is an effective move.

-Sean

Old
  (#105)
risky biz
Banned
risky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond repute

04-29-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdryden View Post
Pangit, I'm starting to wonder why you play pool at all. Maybe you should take up something less challenging to your manhood like badminton or synchronized swimming.
If you think badminton isn't a tough, athletically demanding sport you don't know the first thing about badminton.

Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: