10 Ball rules?
Old
  (#1)
PickPocket
AzB Silver Member
PickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10 Ball rules? - 12-21-2011, 02:03 PM

Whats the standardized rules for 10 ball?

"I'm a "C" Player....C you rack, C me run out! C your C-Notes in my hand...C-U Later!"

Old
  (#2)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

12-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Here are the World Standardized Rules:

http://wpa-pool.com/web/the_rules_of_play

Just go to the tab for 10 Ball.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Last edited by DogsPlayingPool; 08-17-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Old
  (#3)
mel_smOg
AzB Gold Member
mel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond reputemel_smOg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-05-2012, 07:12 AM

in 10 ball call shot:
can you call just a shot, make a ball and leave the opponent with next shot?
I know you can do it in call shaft 8 ball, but unsure about 10 ball
thanks

Playing cue: California Burl Kikel
Shaft: Mezz HP2
Tip: G2 Soft/ Moori Med
Break: Varney J/B
Jump: Alex Brick

Snooker cue- John Parris Classic Cueh

Other cues:

SugarTree
Searing
John Williams Custom Scull cue with Ca$h Ferruleless shaft
Greg Kucharski with Will Adcock ferule less shaft

<<<<<<<<<<Sugar Tree for sale>>>>>>>>>>

Old
  (#4)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

03-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_smOg View Post
in 10 ball call shot:
can you call just a shot, make a ball and leave the opponent with next shot?
I know you can do it in call shaft 8 ball, but unsure about 10 ball
thanks
First off, ten ball is a call shot game. No need to qualify it as "call shot" ten ball.

The answer to your question is no you cannot make a ball and leave your opponent with the next shot - unless he chooses to take it and not pass it back.

The applicable rules are 9.6 and 9.7:

9.6 Safety
The shooter, after the break at anytime may call “safety” which permits him to make contact with the legal object ball without pocketing a ball and end his inning. However, if the shooter pockets the legal object ball the incoming player has the option to play the shot as left, or hand it back to his opponent. (See 9.7 Wrongfully Pocketed Balls which also applies during a safety.)

9.7 Wrongfully Pocketed Balls
If a player misses his intended ball and pocket, and either makes the nominated ball in the wrong pocket or pockets another ball, his inning has finished and the incoming player has the option to take the shot as is, or hand it back to his opponent.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Last edited by DogsPlayingPool; 03-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Old
  (#5)
Brandon B.
AzB Bronze Member
Brandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond repute

04-14-2012, 09:43 PM

I know ten ball is a call shot game, some odd reason, I was watching a 10 ball event on youtube with Dennis Orcollo and Ralf Souquet and Dennis was shooting and fluked I believe the two ball in, but Dennis was still at the table and ran out the rack. I thought it was strange, but I guess some 10 ball events are not called shot?

Old
  (#6)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"

04-14-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon B. View Post
I know ten ball is a call shot game, some odd reason, I was watching a 10 ball event on youtube with Dennis Orcollo and Ralf Souquet and Dennis was shooting and fluked I believe the two ball in, but Dennis was still at the table and ran out the rack. I thought it was strange, but I guess some 10 ball events are not called shot?
Brandon, I don't know of any top level pro event that would have a field full of guys like Ralf and Dennis that plays slop 10 Ball. If he didn't call the two it is possible Ralf optioned to give the table back to Dennis.

Old
  (#7)
Brandon B.
AzB Bronze Member
Brandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon B. has a reputation beyond repute

04-14-2012, 09:59 PM

More than likely you are probably right. Strange that Ralf would give the option back to Dennis shoot what looked and was a shot that was makeable. Thanks again.

Old
  (#8)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"

04-14-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon B. View Post
More than likely you are probably right. Strange that Ralf would give the option back to Dennis shoot what looked and was a shot that was makeable. Thanks again.
Yeah, but perhaps though the shot was doable, maybe Ralf didn't like his chances of getting on the next ball. Just guessing here.

Old
  (#9)
Brandon B.
AzB Bronze Member

04-15-2012, 07:03 PM

Lol, yeah looking back at the video, Ralf more than likely gave the shot back...because even the commentators were saying that the safety looked better but Dennis made a great shot and developed the rack.

Old
  (#10)
pmata814
AzB Silver Member
pmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond reputepmata814 has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2012, 08:39 PM

I just saw a video last night where efren reyes misses the 10 ball in the top corner pocket but it bounces off 2 rails and goes in the opposite bottom corner pocket. This was the first 10 ball match I'd seen so I assumed the rules were the same as 9ball where slop counts.

He won that rack and diliberto even commented "he got lucky there".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#11)
PickPocket
AzB Silver Member
PickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2012, 07:47 AM

So Basically its "9 ball" (+1), with no "Slop Counts" stuff.. Playing the number rotation. So am I correct in thinking that if your on the 2 Ball, you cannot Carom your 2 into say the 8, and continue your inning, unless the 2 goes in also (per called shot), correct?

"I'm a "C" Player....C you rack, C me run out! C your C-Notes in my hand...C-U Later!"

Old
  (#12)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"

05-15-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickPocket View Post
So Basically its "9 ball" (+1), with no "Slop Counts" stuff.. Playing the number rotation. So am I correct in thinking that if your on the 2 Ball, you cannot Carom your 2 into say the 8, and continue your inning, unless the 2 goes in also (per called shot), correct?
No.

If you call the 2 and it goes in the nominated pocket, then the 8 stays down and you continue to shoot. Or you can call the 8, making a good hit on the 2 and pocketing the 8 in the called pocket. The 2 stays down and you continue your inning. You cannot call both balls.

If you call the 8, all that matters is the 8 goes in the called pocket. Whether or not the 2 goes in, you continue. Same if you call the 2. If you make the 2 then it doesn't matter if the 8 also goes.

Last edited by DogsPlayingPool; 08-17-2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: clarification

10 ball game rule.
Old
  (#13)
kaylaemarx
AzB Silver Member
kaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond reputekaylaemarx has a reputation beyond repute

10 ball game rule. - 08-16-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickPocket View Post
Whats the standardized rules for 10 ball?
Ten ball is a call shot game played with ten object balls numbered one through ten and the cue ball. You shoot the balls in ascending numerical order. The 10-ball is the game
winning ball. The object of the game is to pocket the 10-ball on any legal shot after the
break. The game is played by two players or two teams.

Old
  (#14)
Living Legend
Banned
Living Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond reputeLiving Legend has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2012, 08:40 AM

post count ...

Old
  (#15)
appleiphones
AzB Bronze Member
appleiphones is on a distinguished road

10-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Legend View Post