Players HXTP Pure X Jump/Break Cue
Old
  (#1)
superflychief
AzB Bronze Member
superflychief is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Players HXTP Pure X Jump/Break Cue - 12-29-2012, 06:36 PM

I'm concidering getting my first jump/break cue as I don't really want to get 2 specialized cues at the moment. Has anybody had any experience with the new Players HXT cue? Right now I break with a cheapy old playing cue and don't jump. I've never really taken the time to learn but now that I have my own table, I want to spend some time learning. If not the players, then any other recommendations? Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
Kaiser Bob
AzB Silver Member
Kaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond repute

12-29-2012, 06:50 PM

I have one. I probably rate just above a banger but I do notice better breaks and more consistant pop and squats with the HXTP versus a house cue. Anyone that's tried my cue also agrees it's better then a house cue for breaking if that means anything.

* I have a Pechauer Break cue coming and I'll compare the two when it arrives.

Player: PFD

Break: Pechauer Break

Old
  (#3)
David Marcus
"not bad,for a blind man"
David Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Marcus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-30-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflychief View Post
I'm concidering getting my first jump/break cue as I don't really want to get 2 specialized cues at the moment. Has anybody had any experience with the new Players HXT cue? Right now I break with a cheapy old playing cue and don't jump. I've never really taken the time to learn but now that I have my own table, I want to spend some time learning. If not the players, then any other recommendations? Thanks!
I have one, hated it at first,(never had used a phenolic tip), I had a white diamond put on it and now I love it. It's by far the most versatile cue out there. So many various configurations, all with quick release joints. You just need to experiment with it and I think you will find it worth the investment. It is truly 2 cues in one...actually 5 cues in one!!!

Old
  (#4)
Kaiser Bob
AzB Silver Member
Kaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond repute

12-30-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marcus View Post
I have one, hated it at first,(never had used a phenolic tip), I had a white diamond put on it and now I love it. It's by far the most versatile cue out there. So many various configurations, all with quick release joints. You just need to experiment with it and I think you will find it worth the investment. It is truly 2 cues in one...actually 5 cues in one!!!
That's a good point, one of my buddies can get a monster break by taking the air flight section out. I tried it and you can get really good acceleration that way, I lose some accuracy that way personally...

Player: PFD

Break: Pechauer Break

Old
  (#5)
superflychief
AzB Bronze Member
superflychief is on a distinguished road

12-31-2012, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Anybody else?

not so real carbon
Old
  (#6)
Vahmurka
...and I get all da rolls
Vahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

not so real carbon - 04-15-2013, 09:45 AM

decided not to make a new thread since I found this one.

Just an observation for someone considering a purchase.
My pal decided to have Players Pure X j/b shaft turned down because he wanted less thickness in his bridge. Done deal, but it showed that carbon ferrule under the tip is nothing more than a fancy imitation. The thing is so thin that it disappeared partially. I assume carbon at the joint is the same trick, though to tell for sure one has to dare and turn it down too
Phenolic tip of the cue is a pretty solid thing by itself, but take a note that carbon here is not what you expect it to be.

Gravity is the weakest force in the universe...but it is also the most constant
Nothing worth having comes easy
Lock Society Name: INTER-LOCK

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: