The TOI is NOT just an aiming system,
Old
  (#16)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD CHAMPION
CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas - Book Private Lessons thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Lightbulb The TOI is NOT just an aiming system, - 02-01-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjen26 View Post
CJ,

I appreciate the concept of TOI, even played with a bit when you first started talking about it, but still confused on two things:

- How to potentially use TOI with Pro1, SEE, etc. - systems that in theory are all about aligning you with center cueball and the center of the pocket. After working with those for any length of time, I feel like one would have to perform that alignment/pivot/etc to get to center ball, then adjust from there manually to aim at the outer edge of the pocket and tweak the stick slightly to the inside as well. Can't imagine every being able to incorporate into one smooth movement, but maybe there is a way...

- You mentioned in the last post that if you aren't using it on every shot you are not really using it effectively. I get that for average shots that come up it can be helpful, especially once your alignment offset, speed, and inside cueing technique are standardized. But what about when you need to hit the ball softer, especially at distance? Or need outside english to tweak your position route or to pull the cue ball back off one cushion (pretty common)? Or even need true inside english to spin out 2 or 3 rails? Just curious if you are still doing something different on those shots or you forego the TOI when necessary.

Thanks!
Scott

You really wouldn't want to use the Touch of Inside Technique with any other system...it wouldn't be necessary.

Have you seen the video? I explain all these things in vivid detail in the 91 minute video. Trying to explain this in writing isn't nearly as effective as watching the demonstration and explanation in person...or "virtually" in person The TOI is NOT just an aiming system, even though you are able to create any angle you'll need to play pool using the system.

TOI BLENDS the shot speed, shot angle, and cue tip target into one system. There's really no reason to have a separate "aiming system," unless you really want to....I've never really "aimed" at a shot, I align with the cue ball like EVERY shot is straight in (to either the center or edge of the object ball).

ENHANCE - YOUR - GAME - With Hemp Vapor - click here Free Video&Instuctional Articles - www.cjwiley.com - Call CJ Directly - Reserve Private Training - Lessons - Coaching (817) 479-3794

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: