The best break cue

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I'm sure every model of available breaker will be represented so I'll go agains the grain and say my custom Nitti break cue is the best (for me) since it was built in every detail, to my exact specifications. Doesn't hurt that is looks b!tchen too. ;)

filluptieu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i use a mezz PB1 and love it compared to my older break cues that pretty much span every commercial cue you can purchase.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like my pechauer break cue. It is one of the originals with the white diamond phenolic tip. It is front weighted and it gives me a great spread all the time.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
want your opinions
will buy one based on the one that gets the most votes
NOT LOOKING FOR A JUMP BREAK
thanks for your opinions
:thumbup:

Why buy a cue based on votes? You would do better getting some ideas and seeing if you can try those cues.

My vote goes to Mezz Power Break II :thumbup:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Production: samsara
Custom: breaker built by "Cem"

Non plus ultra after all i tested.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break cue

Truthfully, for me they are all about the same. It's about technique, stroke where you hit 'em.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Truthfully, for me they are all about the same. It's about technique, stroke where you hit 'em.

Not really :)
For some players that maybe the case- but it is definitley not. I also have the opinion, that especially on the market for breakers and jumpers you can find really crap for much money.
But there are for sure superb quality things which are every penny worth.

But hey- each to his own- everyone has the right to share his opinion :)
have a smooth stroke.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Answer:...........The Cue That's In Your Hands.....everything else about superior break results, scatter etc. is all baloney and I own two break cues.......it's a marketing façade.......the cue in your hands at the moment is the best friggin' cue in the world as long as the cue is straight and has a decent tip, then it's the best dam breaking cue in the world as far as I'm concerned.

What's really so much more important than the cue used for breaking is where my cue stroke contacts the cue ball and its resultant strike point on the specific object ball I was aiming to hit. If I take care of those two more important factors, then the cue I use becomes essentially irrelevant....and again, I own two break cues......BK2 & McDermott Stinger......it's really all a bunch of hype trying to sell cues when the cue is the least important element in the outcome of the break.

I do not believe you should break using the cue you play with because that's an unnecessary risk to take since it's the violin you'll be using.....so take care of it, BUTT as long as the cue you break with is straight, has a decent tip and a weight you pleased with, that's all that matters, IMO....break cues are over-rated and not worth the investment. Spend more time on your mechanics and you'll obtain better results than trying to buy it.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My same thoughts haha.

Personally I like my OB break cue with Samsara tip. I have the first edition.

Really, I think a lot of it comes from the tip you use. A friend of mines used to use a stiff maple shaft with a Samsara tip and it broke great. I would still suggest an OB, used if you can find one, but not by much.

I love my OB break cue... hits them hard and easy to control the cue ball. Mine is also a first edition I bought new from Steve Lipsky for a good deal...

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I break with a sneaky pete made from the same maker as my playing cue...

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
I'm using a Mezz PB Pro with standard shaft weighing 18.5 oz, but agree that the best break is precision technique with precision aim...the cue is a bonus.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too like the Pechauer Break Cue, we are a dealer for Pechauer & we sell their Break Cues

They are nicely balanced, have a great shaft & a joy to break with

Attachments

• JP Grey Brk 2.JPG
    JP Grey Brk 2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 218
  • JP Nat Brk 2.JPG
    JP Nat Brk 2.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 224

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too like the Pechauer Break Cue, we are a dealer for Pechauer & we sell their Break Cues

They are nicely balanced, have a great shaft & a joy to break with

I don't want to derail this but the owner of the pool room in Paducah told me he thought the Pechauer sneaky pete was an incredible cue for the money and he USED to be a dealer but wasn't anymore. Can I get a catalog or info on that cue?

Thanks,

Ken

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, this particular style cue is last years model. Here is your info about Pechauer Break Cues.

New Pechauer Break Cue - Natural Maple No Wrap and a 13.00mm shaft or a dark Grey Stained Break Cue No Wrap and a 13.00mm shaft (a very nicely stained Break Cue)

Cue retailed for about $300. Our price is $245 shipped & insured. We have one (1) Natural Color Break Cue & one (1) Grey Stained Break Cue.

Forward weighted for maximum energy transfer.

Piloted Stainless steel joint

Flex-free MST Taper.

Tiger high density leather break tip for maximum cue ball control.

Pechauer cues are rock solid and play as well as the high $$ custom cues.

These are great playing cues!