I'm back..and I'm pissed !

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RJ; this explains the importance of his posts and contributive merit!

He got us Lou..No way to overcome his latest 'clever' post ! Except, I don't think "contributive" is an actual word ? But, as we know anything over two syllables is a REAL stretch for him ! :cool:

PS..He is getting extremely boring again..Nite, nite time !

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Fan; Don't feel bad about NEVER hearing about him, neither did Allen Hopkins, when Freddy 'The Beard' asked if He had heard of, dare I say his name, SJD!

Well, now yer trying to push Dick's buttons by posting what I would believe are untruths. If Dick is in the Hall of Fame, you can be assured that all of the Old Time Players knew or heard of him. Pretty sure that Allen very well may have been at that particular Award Night.

And using pre text Memes that probably you, yourself don't even understand the meaning of. And ones that have zero meaning to the discussion anyway. What does a Sub Atomic Duck and a Quark have to do with what is being discussed?

You must be wealthy to afford 3 Cushions on your couch.

I only have one.

But seriously, when one has to grasp at small twigs in order to keep up the flames, yer not fairing so well, Mr. Cushion of Three.

If you are in need of a loan in order to purchase a 4th cushion for your table, I am sure that the rest of us can take up a collection and give you a hand.

I wouldn't feel bad about it in the least. Being a 3 Cushion player, I am sure that you are used to being the recipient of the odd hand out.

Dick, is that the little fella in the avatar? Better call Santa cause I think he is missing an Elf. Haha, the only guy who needs a Child Booster Chair to play billiards.

But to think of all the money that he saves when going out to eat.

He can order off the kids menu and get a Seniors Discount at the same time.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, now yer trying to push Dick's buttons by posting what I would believe as untruths. If Dick is in the Hall of Fame, you can be assured that all of the Old Time Players knew or heard of him. Pretty sure that Allen very well may have been at that particular Award Night.

And using pre text Memes that probably you, yourself don't even understand the meaning of. And ones that have zero meaning to the discussion anyway. What does a Sub Atomic Duck and a Quark have to do with what is being discussed?

You must be wealthy to afford 3 Cushions on your couch.

I only have one.

They have both been booted off of onepocket.org at various times for this bullshit, so apparently they have decided to grace us with it here.

Again..... Great idea it is to not to lock or delete threads. All the great information contained in this thread might be lost. :rolleyes:
Chuck

This post is SO RIDICULOUS and so childish its honestly sad. Here's a man, quite old by his own admission whose need to feel superior or feel noticed is nuanced in many of his threads. Always that hint of "show me more respect...I deserve it."

I never heard of him ..don't care to, and the years he claims he was "going at it for the serious coin" with names we all know kind of where before my time...but I know all the other names he listed that were before my time as well. This is a textbook blatant but obvious narcissist with self esteem issues.

Never saw that in a man in his 80's...ever. Wasn't sure before whether to be sympathetic or disgusted...this post shows disgusted was the correct route. I have been out of commenting on things like this for years, but this post in particular and his others in the thread as well - where he feels (almost demands) the pro-player above his name stating his case of why it should be some sort of "no brainer" - then in this reply stating "I would not except a "PRO" banner now, if you begged me to" After he had just been ripped apart by AZ House Pro saying how he hadn't ever seen him compete or hit a ball, this 80+ yr old man lost it...all you have left in the world would be some respect, and instead you get laughed at - those are the chances you take.

P.S. - Your Jealousy of CJ is transparent to all - you may wanna lay off bringing up his name at every opportunity. Whether or not you like or dislike his posting or the fact that he sells dvd's is pointless. The fact that CJ has accomplished what he has, and putting his accomplishments next to yours - its a lose/lose for you - Shows your jealousy #1 and when the careers get compared, you are not in his league.

Palmerfan,

I'm guessing you've never been more wrong in your life.

CJ and Freddy the Beard constantly call/called attention to themselves, did you ever "straighten them out"? I doubt it.

P.S. I liked Freddy and like SJD.

ONB

You guessed wrong, and I am dead right which is probably why it solicited this type of response from you. I wasn't really "guessing", just a figure of speech.

The facts of what he said are in my post and can't be argued as those were the words HE wrote...first asking and "showing" why he deserved the pro banner early in the thread and then laughably stating "I would not except a "PRO" banner now, if you begged me to".

I showed by using his own statements so opinions won't matter. It is also blatantly apparent you will defend him no matter how wrong he is, and no matter how transparent his self esteem issues are and his jealousy of CJ is.You draw this conclusion about me from my 3 line post?

I don't need to "straighten them out" or anyone else...I was pointing out a monumental narcissistic post by a man dripping with anger, envy and the feeling he has been disrespected/forgotten.
If you want to single him out that's on you but by not pointing out the other ego-driven poster on this forum you simply are flaming one guy for no particular reason other than you can.

Palmerfan,

Even though I disagree with your conclusions I must say I respect the way you articulate them. You seem intelligent, thoughtful and can put your feelings into words better than most, including me.

I'm not quite sure how you can judge a man's motives and draw conclusions about him from a couple of posts on a forum though, it seems odd.

You call him narcissistic but don't bother with CJ's posts, every one of which is a "look at me" cry for attention.

You say SJD is an old man by his own admission. He is an old man because he is an old man, his admission has nothing to do with it.

You say you never knew of him and don't care to but you care to pass judgment on him and his motives.

You say he brings up names of players he's played but you'll probably never see him bring those names up unless he's asked first by someone to tell a story about the time he played "so & so". SJD does not point at himself, it's that simple.

I agree with you that the whole "pro-player" label is ridiculous, my word not yours.

You say he is jealous of CJ. That's 100% wrong, speaking of facts. Dick simply does not care for people who constantly call attention to themselves and tell everyone how great they were. By the way, CJ is 50 so in many eyes he is also an old man hanging on to the past and seeking attention for his past accomplishments.

Like I said, we just disagree but I would never draw conclusions about a man by reading one or two of his posts when there are 1000's of them you could read on two pool forums to see whether or not your ideas are sound.

Have a good day sir and thanks for the back & forth, intelligently written though incorrect in my opinion.

ONB

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, Jerry or Dave...Thank you, for the very brief respite, however, I feel it may be only a result, of a guilty conscience(s), as I may hold the record for, if not the most often banned, possibly the most 'unfairly' banned poster, in AZB's colorful history
Dont feel bad buddy. I got banned for argueing in the "argue till your hearts content" section... and my heart wasnt even content yet.

*j/k Mr. Wilson (sort of). I do think you do a fine job though.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
He got us Lou..No way to overcome his latest 'clever' post ! Except, I don't think "contributive" is an actual word ? But, as we know anything over two syllables is a REAL stretch for him ! :cool:

PS..He is getting extremely boring again..Nite, nite time !

Dick,

Did you and Frank the Barber ever play in both of your heydays? Just curious how you two would come out. I have a ton of respect for his game.

Chris

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dick,

Did you and Frank the Barber ever play in both of your heydays? Just curious how you two would come out. I have a ton of respect for his game. <--Me too !

Chris

Also he's a great guy!...No we never played anything head up, that I can recall !...We played in a lot of ring games, golf or 9ball...I had pretty much moved to Texas, by the time Frank really hit his stride !

Below is a (half drunk) match, I played with my good bud Fast Lenny, about 5 yrs. ago... John Henderson and Frank are commentating... It will give you a little more insight, especially the early part of the video.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7512149 (Tate, you may have to back it up 0:00, I see it starts a little advanced for some reason)

PS..This was immediately after John H. and Grady's 3K match

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Palmerfan,

You say he is jealous of CJ. That's 100% wrong, speaking of facts. Dick simply does not care for people who constantly call attention to themselves and tell everyone how great they were.
ONB

Yet, Minnesota Fats did and everyone falls all over themselves to tell us how he was the best showman pool every had ? heck, he's probably still the most famous pool player to folks who never held a cue....

Freddy was the same way... he even told me once that he knew everyone in pool... which I took to think it was a bit of a stretch .... until one day at DCC I was hanging at his booth for a few hours with him. And yeah, every pro and former pro stopped by to talk to him... I was like, crap, maybe he does know everyone ;) Heck, later that same day I see Efren wearing one of Freddy's Bank Pool t-shirts.

rocket23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albert Einstein said it best,
'' 2 things go on forever,the universe and human stupidity, although I'm not quite sure of the universe''

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent idea Spidey !..But there should be a label for "Greatest Cartoonist", reserved for you !...I would pay you a BUNCH of $$$$, to make one about my award winning, 2013 'Post of the Year' In case you've forgotten,..here it is ! :p

Having never been formerly introduced to Mr. Wiley, I feel I have come to know him through this forum...Using very little imagination, I do believe I know how a casual introduction might progress, if were we to meet someday at, say DCC !

SJD.."Hi there, (I extend hand) my name is Dick"

CJ.."Why hello (grabs hand, pumps furiously, but avoids eye contact) my name is Carson Wiley..Owner of the world famous 'Carson's Palace' in Dallas, Texas...You may know me as C.J."!

SJD.."Yes, I thought I recognized you from your pict....."

CJ.."Well yes, (chuckles).. when you've won as many tournaments as I have, theres bound to be a ton of pictures around."

SJD.."Actually, I meant YOUR pictures, that YOU post on the AZ foru......" !

CJ.."I was also captain of the Mosconi Cup last year !..Can you believe they expected me to wear that stupid U.S. team jacket ?..Those are NOT my most flattering colors you know !..What was your name again" ?

SJD.. "Dick, Dick Mc Morran...You may know me as 'San Jos........."

CJ.."Uh, nope, never heard of you..(looks perplexed)..Where ya from Doug ?... By the way, did you know I was also the 1996 ESPN World Champion" ?

SJD.."Seems to me, I hea......"

CJ.."I am also the originator of 'TOI', the greatest aid to pool player's ever invented ! Sorry I don't have time to give you a lesson now."

SJD.."Well, I may hav..."

CJ.."Do you play pool Dirk ?..No offense but you look like you might be old enough to have played a little 'two shot foul' nine ball"

SJD.."Yes I am, but I preffered to play one p...."

CJ.."I thought so !.. Can you believe some idiot on the forums, is trying to say one pocket is a more difficult game to learn ?..How can anyone be that stupid" ?

SJD.."Well, I......"

CJ.."Did you know I was a black belt, at 'Tai Kwon Do', and a Martial Arts instructor" ?

SJD.."Yes, I believe I did hear someth........."

CJ.."Tiger, Michael Jordan and Mark Cuban, are my regular foursome at golf (when I can get away)...I hate to disappoint them, but sometimes my business empire gets in the way...Hank Haney has been coaching me, he says I'm definitely PGA tour material" !

SJD.."Hmm, but......."

CJ.."They really enjoy my company, because I also know about all there is to know about 'The Supreme Being', the hereafter, the thereafter' wrestling holds, and other important stuff like that !"

SJD.."Very impressive, but what does that have to do wi.........."

CJ.."Well, its been nice meeting you Dave, but I have to run now..Mary wants to take some photos of me, with Buddy, Efren, Hopkins, Archer, and all the other greats of the game !..I don't have near enough pictures to wallpaper my entire house yet.
..We'll have to chat again some time."

SJD.."Yeah, its been a REAL pleas......."

That may have been the "Post of the Year", but without a doubt, it my favorite post on AZ of all time....

Even having a bad day, reading that brings a smile to my face. Ranks right there with Abbott and Costello "Who is on First Base"

JMO, best of rolls to all.

Ken

Palmerfan,

You say he is jealous of CJ. That's 100% wrong, speaking of facts. Dick simply does not care for people who constantly call attention to themselves and tell everyone how great they were.

ONB

Yet, Minnesota Fats did and everyone falls all over themselves to tell us how he was the best showman pool every had ? heck, he's probably still the most famous pool player to folks who never held a cue....

Freddy was the same way... he even told me once that he knew everyone in pool... which I took to think it was a bit of a stretch .... until one day at DCC I was hanging at his booth for a few hours with him. And yeah, every pro and former pro stopped by to talk to him... I was like, crap, maybe he does know everyone ;) Heck, later that same day I see Efren wearing one of Freddy's Bank Pool t-shirts.

Minnesota Fats did not ever post on this forum and constantly tell people how great he was. He told such outrageous lies (ie; I fought in two revolutions, I went down on two ships in the middle of the ocean) that people laughed at them and he also had the greatest player ever (at the time) to play off of.

None of these things that Fats did are remotely close to anything Freddy, CJ or SJD do or did. Fats made people happy, except for Danny DiLiberto, and made them laugh, except for Danny DiLiberto.

Nice job singling out one or two sentences from a post and only responding to it with no context as to why it was written. NPR is definitely the place for you.

ONB

Last edited:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmerfan,

You say he is jealous of CJ. That's 100% wrong, speaking of facts. Dick simply does not care for people who constantly call attention to themselves and tell everyone how great they were. By the way, CJ is 50 so in many eyes he is also an old man hanging on to the past and seeking attention for his past accomplishments.

Like I said, we just disagree but I would never draw conclusions about a man by reading one or two of his posts when there are 1000's of them you could read on two pool forums to see whether or not your ideas are sound.

Have a good day sir and thanks for the back & forth, intelligently written though incorrect in my opinion.

ONB

SJD is desparate for attention, and he can't stand it when someone else is getting some. His ego would give CJ's the 7.

His BS about he doesn't like to brag is laughable. The ONLY reason he is in One Pocket Dot Org's HOF is that Freddy B. touted him to the members there. The verified members vote on a list of nominees, and if it wasn't for Freddy's input it's very doubtful enough people would have remembered him and voted for him. And he repaid Freddy by slamming Freddy's rep every chance he got. Yeah, he's a real nice guy.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Also he's a great guy!...No we never played anything head up, that I can recall !...We played in a lot of ring games, golf or 9ball...I had pretty much moved to Texas, by the time Frank really hit his stride !

Below is a (half drunk) match, I played with my good bud Fast Lenny, about 5 yrs. ago... John Henderson and Frank are commentating... It will give you a little more insight, especially the early part of the video.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7512149 (Tate, you may have to back it up 0:00, I see it starts a little advanced for some reason)

PS..This was immediately after John H. and Grady's 3K match

I remember that Grady/Henderson match. Grady must have known he didn't have long to go and he wanted to relive his action days. He did not look well at all.

Good show - did you ever play rotation games?

Last edited:
SJD is desparate for attention, and he can't stand it when someone else is getting some. His ego would give CJ's the 7.

His BS about he doesn't like to brag is laughable. The ONLY reason he is in One Pocket Dot Org's HOF is that Freddy B. touted him to the members there. The verified members vote on a list of nominees, and if it wasn't for Freddy's input it's very doubtful enough people would have remembered him and voted for him. And he repaid Freddy by slamming Freddy's rep every chance he got. Yeah, he's a real nice guy.

punter,

Do you know SJD? Do you only know him from his posts here and on the 1 pocket site? CJ's ego in very apparent in his every post. His avatar is always a pic of him, his posts are always about him, can't get more desperate for attention than that.

Do please show me one post from anywhere that you think SJD was bragging in.

You say SJD is in the HOF because of Freddy? Are you aware that Dick told voters for years NOT to vote for him because he himself thought others more worthy? Did you know that? CJ would never do that.

You say Freddy was the reason Dick got in to the HOF? You say if it wasn't for Freddy's input people may have forgotten Dick? Are you kidding? He's one of the most prolific posters ever on the 1 pocket site.

One living player per year got in and here were the choices in 2011:

Shannon Daulton
'Junior' Goff
Buddy Hall
Rafael Martinez
'San Jose' Dick McMorran
Billy Palmer
Al 'Little Al' Romero

4 years ago Dick was 76. Do you think someone else on this list deserved it more than him?

Freddy also endorsed John Brumback for the 1 pocket.org Bankpool HOF. Did you read John's reply to Freddy when Freddy claimed credit for John's induction? Maybe if you were astute enough to copy it to your documents file you could read it now, like I just did.

Freddy did not get SJD elected in to the Onepocket HOF and Freddy did not get Brumback elected in to the Bankpool HOF. They both earned those kudos with their accomplishments.

ONB

I remember that Grady/Henderson match. Grady must have known he didn't have long to go and he wanted to relive his action days. He did not look well at all.

The Grady/Henderson match was preceded by a match that led to Grady starting these threads:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=190259

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3975

Grady was always a poor loser and anyone who was ever around him when he lost would confirm this.

I've got to give the members of this forum credit for telling Grady the truth when he started these inane threads. On the 1 pocket site almost nobody would chastise him for his obviously ignorant thread.

P.S. Grady did not look well at the 1994 Roanoke 1 pocket tourney either but nobody noticed.

ONB

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member

Why didn't these two get along? Was it something done, or said?