I have no luck

poQet trainer

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Silver Member
My sister recently bought a home. the old man passed away and his nephew sold the house. Im a big pool fan. theres a pool table in the basement. the nephew calls his friends, says I sold the house come take whatever you want. they walked out with what my sister says a pool cue collection in the hundreds. these clowns just grabbed free stuff. the guy that passed was in his late seventies. Im guessing, a bushka or two, southwest, szamboti, gilbert, scruggs, runde. you name it, it was probobly there. I never confirmed bc I never had a chance to go see, and the nephew has the keys until the 31st. God, I feel sick to my stomach, some guys is banging balls at the bar with a $5000 cue he thinks its an old piece of shit. I'm literally nauseous. god, I hope they left the "old Crap" behind when I finally get to see the house tuesday.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do know that you described the absolute worst case scenario, right?

Now give us the best case scenario and realize that what happens is certainly between the 2?

poQet trainer

Silver Member
You do know that you described the absolute worst case scenario, right?

Now give us the best case scenario and realize that what happens is certainly between the 2?

god I hope you're right. probably its just a few schons and old production crap. but if you have a cue collection that large, its unlikely. I'm guessing they left behind the house cues. I doubt they would leave anything behind thats free, I wouldnt, Id take the toilet paper to save a few bucks if its free:D

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Get the names of the people who took the cues from your Nephew.

Pay them a visit and explain that they were not part of the deal because they belonged to you. Sorry for the inconvenience, big mistake.

If they don't voluntarily give them up, use your imagination.

There are ways around everything.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would definitely try to get ahold of them, but also reason that if there was anything there of real value, there probably would've been something about them in the will.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
man that sucks.........I bet there were hundred's of thousands of dollhairs worth of cues there.......:eek:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So let me get this right, your sister bought a house and youre pissed off because the family of the original owner removed their uncles (the original owner) belongings from the home and didnt leave them for you because you like pool?
I would buy the Playboy mansion when Hefner dies, assuming it comes fully stocked with Playboy Bunnies...... :eek:
Happy Holidays
Chuck

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So let me get this right, your sister bought a house and youre pissed off because the family of the original owner removed their uncles (the original owner) belongings from the home and didnt leave them for you because you like pool?
I would buy the Playboy mansion when Hefner dies, assuming it comes fully stocked with Playboy Bunnies...... :eek:
Happy Holidays
Chuck

Actually it sounds more like he's bummed that he as a pool enthusiast missed an opportunity to go look through a large collection of free pool cues being given away from an inheretant who dosent care about them, and obviously would have permitted the brother of the woman paying him a large sum of money for the house that he wanted to clear out, too look through such a collection he is just giving away. But there always has to be some one on the forums making an OP seem stupid or unreasonable huh?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually it sounds more like he's bummed that he as a pool enthusiast missed an opportunity to go look through a large collection of free pool cues being given away from an inheretant who dosent care about them, and obviously would have permitted the brother of the woman paying him a large sum of money for the house that he wanted to clear out, too look through such a collection he is just giving away. But there always has to be some one on the forums making an OP seem stupid or unreasonable huh?

Actually I made a joke out of it, hence the playboy bunny line.
But there always has to be someone on the forums talking out of their ass huh?
Chuck

poQet trainer

Silver Member
:rolleyes:

Sounds like a fishing story about the big one that got away.

it does, true. but 100 percent true. I swear, ill post a pic of the table and get my sister, who knows nothing about pool to send you a voicemail if you like. this is legit.
man that sucks.........I bet there were hundred's of thousands of dollhairs worth of cues there.......:eek:
i hope not
Happy Holidays
Chuck

yes, I get it, but he said they can keep the table and and living room,( couch, TV, etc... I was hoping he would have left the cues. nephew is obsesseexd with classic muscle cars, offer him a ferrari for a querter of the price and he would refuse, at least thats what y sis and brother in law tell me.

Im just kinda sad I didnt get to look at the stuff beforehand

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry but it's just sounding greedy to me :(

Contents of the house belong to the dead man's family and they can give it to whoever they want.

poQet trainer

Silver Member
I'm sorry but it's just sounding greedy to me :(

Contents of the house belong to the dead man's family and they can give it to whoever they want.

no doubt, im definitely being greedy. but put yourself in my shoes, and you're obsessed with billiards. than answer the question. how would you like a banger shooting with a hercek in an irish pub in brooklyn?? exactly:cool:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:scratchhead:

Bunch of cues from K-mart can add up to a few hundred dollars quick.

If the pool table was in the basement...doesn't really sound like the

collection of cues was a lot of good cues and only worth hundreds.

If it was worth many thousands of dollars like my collection, then I'd

say you really did miss out.:yes:

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Here's some additional perspective...

The guy I bought my table from -- a guy in his 60s who says he's been playing all his life -- thought he was doing me a favor when he offered me the two-piece Sears pool cues (with a pack of screw-on replacement tips) he had in his basement. Maybe he had some bad-ass equipment out of sight but from the way he talked, I doubt it.

So just because someone has a lot of shit doesn't mean it isn't just a lot of shit. For all you know, you missed out on a collection of Budweiser pool cues and football team-themed balls.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
wills and stuff

I would definitely try to get ahold of them, but also reason that if there was anything there of real value, there probably would've been something about them in the will.

It's all relative when it comes to values, wills and stuff.

My father didn't have a will because he didn't have a lot to leave. But he did have a garage full of electronic equipment and a very old violin and mandolin. I'm guessing a value of $5,000 or more...a substantial amount of money in 1961. My mother sold it all for $50.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
:scratchhead:

Bunch of cues from K-mart can add up to a few hundred dollars quick.

If the pool table was in the basement...doesn't really sound like the

collection of cues was a lot of good cues and only worth hundreds.

If it was worth many thousands of dollars like my collection, then I'd

say you really did miss out.:yes:

The wording of the OP isn't that clear but I am guessing he meant hundreds of cues,
not a number of cues worth hundreds.

gr. Dave

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no doubt, im definitely being greedy. but put yourself in my shoes, and you're obsessed with billiards. than answer the question. how would you like a banger shooting with a hercek in an irish pub in brooklyn?? exactly:cool:

I think it's pretty normal to feel upset about a near miss opportunity that could have gone in your favor under slightly different circumstances. I went to an estate sale at a friend of my mom's selling off her husbands stuff. I asked what she was doing with her husband's large gun collection "oh some one offered me 500 for all of them and took em away this morning".....dude had 25 well kept antiques....then I said "that's too bad. How much are you looking to get for the boats?" "Same guy is coming back for em, I just wanted 200 a piece"......they were both 20ft +/- 90's alumaweld fishing boats with trailers and 70-90hp motors.
I asked her if she was informed how much these things were worth, she said "ya, but I got a lot in life insurance so I really just wanted this stuff gone".... I had stopped by there a couple days before to offer my condolances and ofcourse didn't ask about his stuff, and she never mentioned she would be having an estate sale immediately. Had I passed by a few hours earlier, I would've oblidged!