How many hours do you think you've spent actually at the table playing pool?

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I started playing in fall of 1995.

I sat down today and calculated the amount of hours I've spent at the table playing pool. I've actually played a little over 37,000 hours of pool so far and spent almost 3 times that many hours in pool rooms a pubs.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great memory you have, from '95 I see...

...maybe another 37,000 hours and you'll
be able to beat the 6-Ball ghost.

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Dang, I was only 9 years old in '95. You've been playing a lot longer than I could ever imagine.

Im always looking for a spot, but sometimes I'm stupid enough to give one.....or two.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started playing in fall of 1995.

I sat down today and calculated the amount of hours I've spent at the table playing pool. I've actually played a little over 37,000 hours of pool so far and spent almost 3 times that many hours in pool rooms a pubs.

That averages 5 1/3 hour per day, 37.45 hours per week playing pool.

Spending 16 hours per day in poolrooms & Pubs for 19 years?!?

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
That averages 5 1/3 hour per day, 37.45 hours per week playing pool.

Spending 16 hours per day in poolrooms & Pubs for 19 years?!?

Yes that's about right I usually go to the pool room when I wake up and sometimes I don't leave until the next day

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting study for a forensic psychiatrist: what might be the predictable effect of 37,000 hours of obsessively inhaled chalk dust continually entering the bloodstream then flowing thru the brain for 19 years?

Is there a shrink in the house?

Arnaldo

Last edited:

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting study for a forensic psychiatrist: what might be the predictable effect of 37,000 hours of obsessively inhaled chalk dust continually entering the bloodstream then flowing thru the brain for 19 years?

Is there a shrink in the house?

Arnaldo

Oh, I don't think we need one for this. I do believe we've all figured this one out. And besides, this case would drive a shrink to drinking...

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I've only been playing for three years, so I figure I've got about 2,190 hours of pool-playing under my belt.

The good news is that according to AZBilliards, I become an expert at either 10,000 hours or 1,000,000 balls (whichever comes first).

So I only need 10 years/8 months (by hours required) or 881,740 more balls (which might take me another 22 years; I'm a slow player) until I turn pro.

So, I'll be ready to turn pro when I'm either 72 or 83 years old.

Watch out!

Banks

Banned
10 years, a lot of hours.. some while drunk. I just ran 5 balls for the first time.

Spot?

:sorry:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
pool table

Grandfather bought me a table when I was 6 or 7 years old that would of been. in 1962.

I was master at arms of the chief/ wave barracks in San Diego when I was in the Navy.
they had a 9ft gold crown in the back room.

All together maybe 5 or 6 hrs total you guys will have to take it easy on me :rolleyes:

Im still a pup

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Hmmm ... let me think ? I started playing daily in 1949 on the 5x10 Kling
in our parlor. During 8 yrs. as a Navy Flyer, I played at least 8 hrs. daily
unless on extended flights. Throw in all the night-time 14.1 Tournaments,
weekend Tournaments, Cash Games, etc. I reckon I've spent about 2.5
Bizillion hrs. on the table + or - a half billion. .... Or Not.

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel young again!!!

ST8poolplayer started when I was two years old. I didn't start till 1962. I put in a few hours back then. Still can shoot a little.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More than I should have, and have the 2nd hand smoke damage to prove it. Big fat waste of my time when I was young.