Don't Want to Start an Argument

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading about the moral dilemma associated with the recent army prisoner swap, I was wondering:
If you're a vegan, is it okay to use a tip made from pig skin on your pool cue?

Thanks,

John

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not a vegan, but i would say if your values are to not eat animal products you should not wear them or play pool with them.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading about the moral dilemma associated with the recent army prisoner swap, I was wondering:

Thanks,

John

A Vegan will definitely not feel like it is okay to use a pigskin tip on their pool cue.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed, a vegan would not use anything made from an animal. I have plenty of vegan friends and it's the little things like this that can become real challenges sometimes.

Are there non-leather tip options other than break/jump tips?

(also...I cannot figure out the connection between the prisoner swap and vegans using leather...am I missing a connection here?)

Last edited:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is something that I really want to take my time and think about,
there I'm done !

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
My wife is a vegan and she has no problem with using animal-hide products like leather, etc.

Vegan only has to do with what you eat. Some people may extend an ethical/moral aspect beyond the diet, but that's an extension, not a core value.

NK_Sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you plan on eating of chewing off your tip I dont see a problem. But if it poses such a detrimental challenge, then just glue a piece of rubber or sponge to the end of the cue in place of the tip.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Vegans aren't true Vegans.

There are so many animal bi products in everything we use, it would be almost impossible to figure them all out.

They would be living outside with no clothes, under some palm fronds eating nuts and berries.

I had to laugh when Canadian singer, KD got up to accept some music award. In her acceptance speech, she gave the Alberta Ranchmens Assoc a blast.

The camera panned down and what was she wearing. Leather shoes. Well, where the FK did she think they came from. Naugahyde cows.

Most Vegans preach a good Sermon from the Pulpit, but thats about it.

Cows don't do much more than eat and fart. Their farts are causing the depletion of the Ozone Layer.
If we didn't keep the cattle population in check, by eating them, the Vegans would all get a nasty sunburn.

And I bet that their suntan lotion contains some sort of rendered fat.

I believe I am going to have a big juicy steak tonight with blood running from it.

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Agreed, a vegan would not use anything made from an animal. I have plenty of vegan friends and it's the little things like this that can become real challenges sometimes.

Are there non-leather tip options other than break/jump tips?

(also...I cannot figure out the connection between the prisoner swap and vegans using leather...am I missing a connection here?)

Muslims and Pigs.:thumbup:

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Vegan only has to do with what you eat. Some people may extend an ethical/moral aspect beyond the diet, but that's an extension, not a core value.

Veganism definitely does not only pertain to what you eat.

Vegans generally avoid using any animal products.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Better be careful of that wax that you use on your shaft.

Honey, we're having the Vegans over for supper tonight. Better go mow the lawn. They will enjoy fresh grass clippings. Make sure there is no dog poop in it. Fresh Grass Humus.

And wait until they get to Heaven.

St. Peter - Welcome Vegans, just so you know, we don't have any cattle or swine in Heaven.

Vegans - thats great news.

St. Peter - Thats cause we eat em all. Enjoy your stay. Bar B Cue at the Big Guys House tonight.

Last edited:

NK_Sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My-food-shits-on-your-food.jpg

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,

John
I am a vegetarian and have been for like 35 years. I went to a lecture by a doctor and liked what I heard.
It was an easy conversion and My wife and I are very good cooks. To answer your question, there is an assumption that vegetarians are some kind of animal rights nuts.

I am sure this is true in some cases but few of the people I know are. It is just a healthier way of eating. Our food sources are also not very good. I would not eat much of what is sold in the markets on a bet. If I owned a farm and raised my own cows and chickens I can't say I would not eat one of them. At least I would know how they were raised.

I come in contact all the time and when people learn you are a vegetarian they often have some kind of got-ya question like you asked that actually make no sense. People like to make assumptions. Not sure why they go on the offense, you would think they would rather want to ask a real question. I will add, I am pretty old and feel like a kid.

In fact I went to the drug store recently to get a prescription. It was for a cream for a rash. When I was there the druggist asked if I wanted to switch over all my prescriptions and they had like some kind of special offer. I told him I didn't have any. He looked at me and said "Wow, you look like you are in good shape" as he see my age.

Is it the way I eat, who knows, I have never smoked or drank. Honestly I have never had a drink. Nor have I ever done a drug. As I have mentioned I was in the bar business for quite a few years. I have no problem with what others do and have no interest in telling people what to do. I live my life the way I want and make no excuses or apologies. To a degree I felt guilt making money off these somewhat sick people but I also never claimed to be an angel.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife is a vegan and she has no problem with using animal-hide products like leather, etc.

Most people I know would not consider your wife vegan, though she does eat a vegan diet.

Most vegans definitely consider being vegan to be much more than just diet. While there is no governing body, my understanding is that the general consensus on the definition of vegan within their community includes living an animal product free lifestyle and this includes avoiding leather, wool, etc. Now some may view things differently, but this is how every vegan I know views it and they make a definite distinction between those who eat a vegan diet but are not truly vegan and those that are vegan and live as close as one can come to an animal product free lifestyle.