Lancaster, CA--Sharky's Billiards--Gold Crown 2 rail rebuild-Need the experts

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
It is time to recover the tables again at Sharky's billiards. I did them 4 years ago. They needed recovering again 2 years ago, lol. Anyways I have been telling the owner for the last 8 years that the rails are shot (Worm Wood) from many years of recovering. Some tables have the lowered k66, some tables have the original monarch superspeeds on them. I put some k55 black diamond rubber on a couple of original superspeed tables 4 years ago.

The only subrail work that I do is pocket extensions. These rails need subrail rebuilds that are calibrated to todays k55 cushion.

I contacted Reverend through his website and not sure if my old friend Donny is still doing this type of work since he went to Weststate.

Sharkys is under new ownership again so they have been working the place to make it better. I will share this post with the owner. Thanks everyone.
Oh by the way The 860HR simonis is the shit. Even after 4 years of commercial play it is still in somewhat decent condition.

Its been a long time since I posted. How the hell is everyone?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is time to recover the tables again at Sharky's billiards. I did them 4 years ago. They needed recovering again 2 years ago, lol. Anyways I have been telling the owner for the last 8 years that the rails are shot (Worm Wood) from many years of recovering. Some tables have the lowered k66, some tables have the original monarch superspeeds on them. I put some k55 black diamond rubber on a couple of original superspeed tables 4 years ago.

The only subrail work that I do is pocket extensions. These rails need subrail rebuilds that are calibrated to todays k55 cushion.

I contacted Reverend through his website and not sure if my old friend Donny is still doing this type of work since he went to Weststate.

Sharkys is under new ownership again so they have been working the place to make it better. I will share this post with the owner. Thanks everyone.
Oh by the way The 860HR simonis is the shit. Even after 4 years of commercial play it is still in somewhat decent condition.

Jeremy Chambers in Chicago has designed and built replacement tops for the CG's. I'd give him a call.

Donny Wessels

Silver Member

Hi Travis, where you been hiding? Ask the owner If he would be interested in some Diamonds if I financed him. Also, I can replace the wood on the subrails back to the featherstrip groove, we do the work here at West State, Were not the fastest though. Zach is also a good choice, he's done some good work for me in the past. I'm also a Brunswick Commercial Line dealer now. Let me know if I can help you in anyway?

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Hi Travis, where you been hiding? Ask the owner If he would be interested in some Diamonds if I financed him. Also, I can replace the wood on the subrails back to the featherstrip groove, we do the work here at West State, Were not the fastest though. Zach is also a good choice, he's done some good work for me in the past. I'm also a Brunswick Commercial Line dealer now. Let me know if I can help you in anyway?

I will forward this info Donny. Thanks. The owner is looking to make some long term investments into the place. He is considering rail swaps and also talking about some diamond tables but has only talked to someone in Las Vegas. I do not know the contact. I will pass this info on to him. Right now, I am currently recovering the tables for prep of the upcoming tournament in December. I don't know if you know Ray King, but he has taken over Sharky's Billiards in Lancaster, CA and is investing in it to keep it alive.

I will forward this info Donny. Thanks. The owner is looking to make some long term investments into the place. He is considering rail swaps and also talking about some diamond tables but has only talked to someone in Las Vegas. I do not know the contact. I will pass this info on to him. Right now, I am currently recovering the tables for prep of the upcoming tournament in December. I don't know if you know Ray King, but he has taken over Sharky's Billiards in Lancaster, CA and is investing in it to keep it alive.

I'm not sure you would want to ship the rails cross country....but if your wanting the rails to play great.....and play correctly.....and pockets sized.
Give me a call like Glen said.....Glen knows who's going to do the work right....not say they can...... to get the job.

Mark Gregory

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Ok so I am just leveling and recovering the tables as is. The owner wanted me to put new rubber on the rails and I explained to him that it would be a waste of money putting with the condition of the rails. I showed him the condition of the rails and gave him numerous options. Due to him hosting a pretty decent size tournament coming up, we are short on time to get the table rails reworked. They have had K-66 on these rails for years--MANY YEARS. I believe Glen did give him some options over the phone recently. I did all that I can do. He states that he will make a move on them over the next few years. He wants to bring in some Diamonds. We will see.

20171027_230012_zpsg7tiiiwq.jpg

20171029_113127_zps863msqua.jpg

20171029_113140_zpswpljqknf.jpg

20171029_153916_zpsev9ngljy.jpg

20171029_183140_zpsomwiwicu.jpg