AN EARLY x-MAS Gift--for Az'ers!!!---FREEEEEEEEE!!!!

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had a conversation a while back about tips, tips tips tips tips tips-----did I say tips. I have a Billiard ProShop and Repair Center in Seminole/Largo/St.Pete/TAMPA area of Florida. The one bragging right that I have, is that I have the largest selection of Pool Cue Tips to choose from in the State of Florida---

125 DIFFERENT pool tips to choose from---Over 9000 tips in inventory.

Luckily, for decades, I was a conniseur (sp?) of quality Cigars and I even had some very good friends that owned a Cigar Store and they specialized in purchasing there own tobacco from all over the World, Storing and Aging the Tobacco and then Willie and Nicole had 2 master rollers, one from Cuba and one from Columbia that would hand roll each and every blend of tobacco that Willie would choose up to 6 different tobaccos to come up with a unique cigar.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent but the reason why I bring this up is that I had cigars that were made 60 years ago and with the proper----storage--temperature---humidity--air turnover---on and on---VIA a humidor---you could maintain and even age better over time as the components would---merge to a beautiful marriage--

So, I took this technology and incorporated it into my preservation of Pool Cue Tips--

This may seem overkill but for Most it IS!! But, to me, having tips that were made in the 1960s and then through the Layered Tip Birth of the 1st Generation of MOORI tips came the ability to maintain and take care of Pool Cue Tips and be able to enjoy tips that were stored--Properly and decades later--Installed on a pool cue and have a Marriage of Cue--Ferrule--Tip that could be repeated over and over and have the same hit that you got--decades after the manufacturing of the particular tip had passed us by--by years or even DECADES!!!

That brings us to TODAY--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry--If any of you were Thinking I am going to give Everyone a 1st Generation Moori tip from 1995----

NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!------But it was a nice Thought!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am Giving to each an every AZ'er that sends me a SELF ADRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE--

A 15mm 1983 LePro--Tip

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a discussion about--Layered and Non-Layered Tips, Vegetable, Chrome Tanned, Single Pressed, Milk-DUDDED, on and on and on. . . . . . . .

I came across these tips and Many have complained about the quality of LePro tips dropping drastically since the days gone by.

I Install over 2000 tips a year, between, my shop, mobile services and tournaments. So I think that I have some good working knowledge on the plus and minuses of pool cue tips and there applications.

In my opinion--Overall this is the tip that I would recommend. Of course this tip, once installed will flare or mushroom a bit but I don't know of any tip that is not a BREAK tip, that wont compress and flare a little bit--this is just like a Break in Oil change on a Car--The first oil change is done at 500 miles and the new tip will need a maintenance shoulder clean up after 20 or 30 hours of play time.

OK, Now whatever this tip is or isn't--The 15mm Tips by Tweeten is Coated and the extra diameter is perfect for getting a perfect amount of FRESH material when u trim the extra diameter of material that you don't need. Also, the 15mm is an overall--Thicker piece of Water Buffalo, The Vegetable Tanning makes for a tip that has good feedback but also gets good English or spin transfer. These tips were made over 30 years ago and it answers the question on how long tips will last before degrading. Now, Lepro is a Unique Animal, since it is a coated tip but in my opinion, it would be perfect if every tip was COATED to protect the tip until use. But that is a comment for another day. You can compress or pound or soak or not soak but I suggest that u prime the surfaces properly and small dab of CA gel and a sprits of activator and install and trim and PLAY!!!

I hope that many players and installers get to try this out and have the Great results that I have enjoyed over the last 40 years that I have enjoyed playing with 15mm LePro Tips.

Now there will be TROLLS--there always are, so let me say, NOW

Merry X-mas, I am not getting anything out of this but helping put some pool players on the right course of Tip choosing.

If this is the cats meow for u after u try them out, I would suggest purchasing a 3/pk of 15mm Lepro Tips of todays stock and do a sink test or whatever and continue enjoying the tips, knowing that u are spending a dollar not Thirty Dollars per tip,

If you love the tip as I have and have bad luck for whatever reason in getting new ones that play like the old ones, then in the future, send me another Self Adressed Stamped Envelope and I will send another Tip to you--Free of Charge. Just don't ask for 50 of them for personal use. Don't take my niceness for weakness or I may bite your finger.

That's it, just something that I would like to 'PAY IT FORWARD' kind of thing,

Please make this a POSITIVE and Nice experience and posting, please don't TROLL this or make it something--Bad or Negative,

If you would like to try, just do what I have posted and I will take care of you,

Deanoc---Sorry, I haven't forgotten about you, I told u I would send u some and have just been slammed, but I am getting yours in the mail in the next couple of days,

I wish all Az'ers the best of up and coming HOLIDAY Season and I wish the best for all of you--All of your shots be center pocket and may you receive all the GOOD ROLLS!!

PM me, if you don't want your Name or Address listed for other Az'ers to see,

Respectfully

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

PSPS---If you have a Tip that does everything that you want or need it to do, then by all means---PLEASE DONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!! Don't look to fix something if it Aint--BROKEN!!!!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to try one out.

I used to always use LePro tips until they went downhill.

Please PM me your address and I'll send you the envelope.

Thank you.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I would love to try one out.

I used to always use LePro tips until they went downhill.

Please PM me your address and I'll send you the envelope.

Thank you.

I recently installed a new LePro and it's the best one ever....by far.

Maybe they're back on track?

Jeff Livngston

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Everyone, I was out of town for a while and didnt realize- NO ADDRESS to send!

So, here is my address so you can send a self addressed stamped envelope and I will send each person a 1980's Le Pro 15mm Tip to try out and see if you like them as much as I have.

These are the good ones and I have kept them in a controlled environment and also these are coated, so with the BIG 15mm oversize, you get the FRESH, MEAT of the leather inside the coated material.

Install these as normal, but, you will have flaring on the tip after the first 10 hours of play or so, just trim that off and usually no other work has to be done on these tips.

HAPPY MERRY XMAS--

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

PS---DEANOC

Please send me a envelope and I will send you a few extras, I appolgize for the delay but I lost your address after I purged all my old PMs, so if you still want to try these and I hope you do, send me a envelope and I will send you a few for you to try and you can have a couple others to hold onto or gift to others. Merry Xmas!!

Last edited: