how do i fix getting blue hands from playing

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i use the kamui product to brush the table and have a shop vac to vaccuum once a week or so
but still my hands are very blue after playing
the cloth was put on about 9 months ago
i play an hour or so every day
what can i do to get the chalk out
thanks for your help

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Have you tried wiping down the table cloth with a damp (not soaking wet) towel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also use a damp cloth after vacuuming.

If your playing every day you’ll need to clean the table more often.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What type of vacuum? I use a shop vac with horse hair attachment and vacuum after every 2nd or 3rd use and wipe with a damp cloth about once a month. Minimal blueing.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Are you chalking over the table?? My cloth has been on for 4 years now, I play enough that my Simonis 860 is pretty much wore out with lines in all of the rail grooves, tracks to the rack, etc. and I do not get blue hands from my table but it happens often on other tables. I vacuum mine about once every 15-20 hours of play and brush it in between, I shoot on it about 10-15 hours a week. I never had to use water to keep my table clean. Chalking on every shot is part of my PSR.

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe an obvious question, but do you chalk with your bridge hand?
I chalk with my back hand, per shot - while I do have to wipe down my linen wrap often, I don't ever get a blue hand from the table.
Daily play w/ brush after, vacuum every 1-2 weeks.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe an obvious question, but do you chalk with your bridge hand?
I chalk with my back hand, per shot - while I do have to wipe down my linen wrap often, I don't ever get a blue hand from the table.
Daily play w/ brush after, vacuum every 1-2 weeks.

i do chalk with my bridge hand
will try not to and see if it makes a difference

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's a rather small attachment so I bet you are missing some areas. Try your local vacuum store or online for the attachment below.

26726073029_1888cb7255.jpg

As mentioned above, I'd also avoid chalking over the table.

skydawg

Registered
It seems odd that by 2017,no one has come up with a tip product that eliminates the need for chalking,as much as that is part and parcel of the game...or have they?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry what I do on my 10 footer is wipe it down with a damp cloth after playing, which pics up most loose chalk from the recent playing session, and then leave it be. Before playing the next time I vacuum the cloth good. Any dampness is surely dried by then and the vacuum must be picking up any loose chalk. I never purposely do anything that would push the chalk into the cloth.We also never chalk over the table. We also never get blue hands. I use Masters chalk, and maybe whatever chalk you use may make a difference. The way I do it on my table the only possibility of chalk getting on the table is the very minute amount that is knocked off of the tip at cue ball impact. My cloth is 3 years old and still no noticeable bluing.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Larry what I do on my 10 footer is wipe it down with a damp cloth after playing, which pics up most loose chalk from the recent playing session, and then leave it be. Before playing the next time I vacuum the cloth good. Any dampness is surely dried by then and the vacuum must be picking up any loose chalk. I never purposely do anything that would push the chalk into the cloth.We also never chalk over the table. We also never get blue hands. I use Masters chalk, and maybe whatever chalk you use may make a difference. The way I do it on my table the only possibility of chalk getting on the table is the very minute amount that is knocked off of the tip at cue ball impact. My cloth is 3 years old and still no noticeable bluing.
thanks for that...:)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have you tried wiping down the table cloth with a damp (not soaking wet) towel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the damp cloth made a big improvement...thanks,,,,,,,,:thumbup:
how often can/should you wipe the table down with a damp cloth ?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Time for a group hug

Attachments

• 510209F9-2921-48B1-9A33-FED6EF442FCE.jpg
    510209F9-2921-48B1-9A33-FED6EF442FCE.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 168

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Depends on how clean you want to keep it. How much do you play, how much chalk gets on your hands?

There is no one answer to this question.

the damp cloth made a big improvement...thanks,,,,,,,,:thumbup:
how often can/should you wipe the table down with a damp cloth ?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Time for a group hug

Thats not actually from playing is it??? I chalk with my bridge hand but the only place the chalk gets on my hand is in between my middle and ring fingers. When the table is very dirty (not my table) it gets on whatever parts of my hand touch the cloth. I think the majority of chalk gets on the cloth from people drilling a hole in the chalk over the table, I see people doing this all the time and daydream how hard I would smack them upside their head if they did that while playing on my table. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: