2018 US Open One Pocket Championship

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
The 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championships (Mar. 20-22) and 2018 US Open One Pocket Championships (Mar. 22-25) at Griff's in Las Vegas are right around the corner! Online registration is still available!
Tom Wirth, author of One Pocket - A Game of Controlled Aggression will be on hand offering lessons!

Information and online registration at: http://www.playcsipool.com/2018-us-open-one-pocket.html

2018_us_open_one_pocket_flyer.png

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is some pretty weak numbers signing up. Hope you get a last minute rush :sorry:
It's very unfortunate that this event got scheduled the same dates as the Scotty Townsend Memorial Pro One Pocket event.

There is not that many top one pocket events and i feel bad for the top players that had to choose what event to play.

Hopefully the promoters of these big events can work together in the future to keep this from happening.

I hope both events have success and not have this type of conflict in the future.

Good luck to all the players in both events.And i hope all the one pocket lovers will support both events.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So....there's a spot open for you!
If you can beat JB, you should have no problem with Billy, Alex, or Dennis :)

As most of the regulars here know, I’ve played in more than my share of US One Pocket Opens, going back to the Kalamazoo days through the Las Vegas era. Right now, if it weren’t for my left knee, I still might even go donate to this event but I’m too hobbled.

What about all the LA and West Coast guys? For that matter, what about the hundreds of onepocket.org guys? Why aren't more pros signed up? I don’t get it.

Lou Figueroa

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's very unfortunate that this event got scheduled the same dates as the Scotty Townsend Memorial Pro One Pocket event.

There is not that many top one pocket events and i feel bad for the top players that had to choose what event to play.

Hopefully the promoters of these big events can work together in the future to keep this from happening.

I hope both events have success and not have this type of conflict in the future.

Good luck to all the players in both events.And i hope all the one pocket lovers will support both events.

Thanks, that answers that. Looks like a tough 16 man 1K entry field:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=471052

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I signed up earlier today and when I checked there were 18 names listed, hopefully they will end up with 32 or more by the start of the tournament.

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Dee Adkins
Nick Bertanos
Martin Bick
Michael DeLawder
Jay Helfert
Bob Herchik
Ellis Kane III
Warren Kiamco
Steve Lingelbach
Gary Lutman
Paul Marquez
Bille Miller
Bernie Pettipiece
Erik Phillips
Wayne Pullen
Ronn Rutan
Shane Van Boening
Tom Wirth

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
As most of the regulars here know, I’ve played in more than my share of US One Pocket Opens, going back to the Kalamazoo days through the Las Vegas era. Right now, if it weren’t for my left knee, I still might even go donate to this event but I’m too hobbled.

What about all the LA and West Coast guys? For that matter, what about the hundreds of onepocket.org guys? Why aren't more pros signed up? I don’t get it.

Lou Figueroa

You can't beat Jay Helfert

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can't beat Jay Helfert

So far, I'm the worst player in the field. :embarrassed2:
I'd like to see 32 players. That would make for a good tournament. With all the One Pocket that is played out this way, from Arizona to California, I'm surprised there aren't more players signed up. Sacramento has a couple dozen good One Pocket players alone and so does L.A and Phoenix.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see 32 players. That would make for a good tournament. With all the One Pocket that is played out this way, from Arizona to California, I'm surprised there aren't more players signed up. Sacramento has a couple dozen good One Pocket players alone and so does L.A and Phoenix.

I would like to be there and have been playing well lately, but momma is out of town and we have too much going on with animals and such for both of us to be gone at once.

Good luck and show them how the seniors do it.:grin:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You forget there is video of you on the tube.
You're a mini monster.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's nothing new they have booked dates overlapping other events before

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dee Adkins
Nick Bertanos
Martin Bick
Michael DeLawder
Jay Helfert
Bob Herchik
Ellis Kane III
Warren Kiamco
Steve Lingelbach
Gary Lutman
Paul Marquez
Bille Miller
Bernie Pettipiece
Erik Phillips
Wayne Pullen
Ronn Rutan
Shane Van Boening
Tom Wirth
Shane's no dummy he can't win the other one so he's here with the B squad

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Shane's no dummy he can't win the other one so he's here with the B squad

What makes you think he can get passed me...misspelled name and goofy Fargo rating or not.

All BS aside some guys in the list can play. WK is no slouch and I’m sure it will fill out some.

In the end all he can do is put up his money. Who shows up is their business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we will see a few more players
and when the tourney is over there will be a US OPEN CHAMP

Mark Griffin is putting his name and money up
So I'm bettin it will not be the last for the US OPEN in fact it will be the first time round for a classic

it of course would have been a good gesture for mark
to have staked me to play

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I know who I’m cheering for....

581D9387-8D22-4572-88CD-CCEFB171BA7E.jpeg

On the Greek from BC

:happydance::happydance::happydance: