New member and opinion on a table

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello guys

I’m a new member so I’ll give a bit of introduction. I’m Martin from Canada (French Canadian, sorry for my English). I’m an occasional player only and I’ve recently bought an old Anniversary 10ft snooker (Canadian made) table on which I play pool only. The table is intended for casual playing with the friends and the kids (10 and 9).

I’ve found my table in a garage, it was really filthy but overall in really good shape. I’ve clean it up and I’m actually refinishing it in my spare time. I will post picture and ask some questions soon about that.

Eventually I would like to change this table for a 9ft pool so I keep an eye open in the locals adds. I’m looking for something similar to an anniversary since I really like the look and sturdiness.

Yesterday I’ve found this table for sale. It’s a commercial table with corner castings really similar to Anniversary. On the name plate we can read “ CHALLENGER made in Canada by Word of billiard”. The add state new Simonis 860 cloth and Master speed cushion. I wonder if any of you guys have ever seen one of these table and have opinion.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Martin

Attachments

• $_59 (1).JPG
    $_59 (1).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 299
  • $_59.JPG
    $_59.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 297