eeaa647b8c3fd2cd3a8a76f86a5b086e.jpg
bd2319e7515297aadecfcb0496529785.jpg
aa9bfb8918e26e008fe4660a0abfde2c.jpg
ddc3ab9697aebae9e8ef3242bd66d00d.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
That's pretty much exactly the way I put my cues together. Did the handle warp? Or the forearm? What are your plans for it now?

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Eric, I bought this new and sold it to a guy who, well had his way with it. Think he banged the forearm close to the grip on the rail and it resulted in a lift in the forearm. I have no plans for it but thought it be interesting taking it a part at looking inside

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Eric, I bought this new and sold it to a guy who, well had his way with it. Think he banged the forearm close to the grip on the rail and it resulted in a lift in the forearm. I have no plans for it but thought it be interesting taking it a part at looking inside

Ouch. Can I have it?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'm a little surprised the tenon does not have glue rings or vertical notches.
Thanks for showing it.
That is a solid joint.
I like a little more reinforcement there nowadays. I use a threaded phenolic tube to reinforce the walls up in the handle.

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for showing it.
That is a solid joint.
I like a little more reinforcement there nowadays. I use a threaded phenolic tube to reinforce the walls up in the handle.

Thought some of you cue wizards would like a couple of pictures.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Thanks for showing it.
That is a solid joint.

It may have them on down the tenon, still inside the bore. Maybe not, too. It held up until it got whacked. I don't think any "A" joint would hold with an abusive side force.

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha that was my next question but you beat me to it. Would be a good cue (when fixed) to give to a kid.

I'm in Europe so I don't think it would be worth the shipping. Maybe just turn it to a jump cue or something.

Chris Abaya Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's that innermost white core? Is that some kind of phenolic material? or is it metal? i cannot tell from the picture. Thanks.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
What's that innermost white core? Is that some kind of phenolic material? or is it metal? i cannot tell from the picture. Thanks.

I believe that is the stud. Either mild steel or aluminum from the looks of it, but maybe not. Tough to tell in the pic.

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that is the stud. Either mild steel or aluminum from the looks of it, but maybe not. Tough to tell in the pic.

It seems to be made out of aluminum, and the length is hard to tell at the moment. If you guys want me to cut further in to the handle wood I could do that.
747e7461d0c00642479c7c6b8b49ceaf.jpg

JC

Coos Cues
how about sawing it in half end to end and let's have a look at all of it?

JC

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Time is right

well time for me to make a comeback:), have been awhile.
Give it to me, I will send it to Mike, he will fix it and we can all get something out of it.
Mike, we have som unfinished to sort out.
I will give you a call soon. Had to put my cuedesign/business aside for a couple of years but know I'm fully rested and eager to make some new adventures:).

Btw so everyone understands, we know each other and we live in Sweden:).

Take care everyone!

Christian

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well time for me to make a comeback:), have been awhile.
Give it to me, I will send it to Mike, he will fix it and we can all get something out of it.
Mike, we have som unfinished to sort out.
I will give you a call soon. Had to put my cuedesign/business aside for a couple of years but know I'm fully rested and eager to make some new adventures:).

Btw so everyone understands, we know each other and we live in Sweden:).

Take care everyone!

Christian

Yes Sir.
And when the weather breaks. We'll both be happy.