NYC pool players beware Simon Lau

Barry Banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am warning all NYC pool players, gamble with Simon Lau at your own risk. Simon likes to gamble money he doesn't have. Anyone who wants to play him, make sure he posts. We played 4 sets last week, $400 a set. He posted and paid the first two sets. When I won the third, he told me he would pay me after we were done playing. I told him that was not how we were playing then he reminded me how we have played for over ten years. So, I mistakenly agreed. After winning the fourth set, that's when he broke into his song and dance of having thought his direct deposit would have hit his account but it did not. He told me he would either come Sunday or Tuesday night and drop off the money. It is now Thursday and there is no word from him. I know it's my fault, and I let it happen. I have written the $800 off, but I wanted to make sure to let as many people as possible know what his word is really worth. Gamblers beware!

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am warning all NYC pool players, gamble with Simon Lau at your own risk. Simon likes to gamble money he doesn't have. Anyone who wants to play him, make sure he posts. We played 4 sets last week, $400 a set. He posted and paid the first two sets. When I won the third, he told me he would pay me after we were done playing. I told him that was not how we were playing then he reminded me how we have played for over ten years. So, I mistakenly agreed. After winning the fourth set, that's when he broke into his song and dance of having thought his direct deposit would have hit his account but it did not. He told me he would either come Sunday or Tuesday night and drop off the money. It is now Thursday and there is no word from him. I know it's my fault, and I let it happen. I have written the $800 off, but I wanted to make sure to let as many people as possible know what his word is really worth. Gamblers beware!

So, you've been playing this guy for 10yrs, eh........

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has always paid. That is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt. My mistake.

Well it sounds like you are jumping the gun a little early then. If a couple of weeks or months had gone by, I would understand, but it's only been 2 days after the day he said he would pay. Give him a little time to get the money, I'm sure you will get paid. Hope it works out for you. GL

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Well it sounds like you are jumping the gun a little early then. If a couple of weeks or months had gone by, I would understand, but it's only been 2 days after the day he said he would pay. Give him a little time to get the money, I'm sure you will get paid. Hope it works out for you. GL
NYC, bro. Wall Street, Trump Towers, The Hustlers...not Mayberry R.F.D.

Don't play if you can't pay.

Life in the big city.

Give him a week man, be cool. You're up 800, right ?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NYC, bro. Wall Street, Trump Towers, The Hustlers...not Mayberry R.F.D.

Don't play if you can't pay.

Life in the big city.

Give him a week man, be cool. You're up 800, right ?

Haha...that Charlie hustle is such a hick, only pair of leather shoes hee got is cowboy boots.

Barry Banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's only been a couple of day? That's not even the point. I felt I wasn't getting paid the moment he left. But I am not expecting it. Again, all I am doing is giving folks a heads up.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's only been a couple of day? That's not even the point. I felt I wasn't getting paid the moment he left. But I am not expecting it. Again, all I am doing is giving folks a heads up.

A guy you have known for a decade and who has always treated you well enough to get played again?

Sheeeaaat. I understand your anger at not gettin the cash for the effort, but seriously- You wont give the mutha fuka a week or 2 to get you paid? I know I've gotten mad at pool a few times and quit going back to the poolroom, but you always gotta settle up when you return.

Maybe you are the bad action? You are obviously excitable, plus you be bustin mofos! Hah, just messin with you. His air barrel is worse than your rattin him out, but I still think he shoulda had a week or 2 to make it right

Barry Banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm "ratting him out", but I am not getting overly excited. Someone tells me they are going to pay me after we play, then promises to come one of two nights, then does neither. And doesn't even have the courtesy to put in a phone call. Exactly how long should I give someone? I don't expect to get paid, and even if I do, I will never play him again. I just want it to be known that he doesn't keep his word, so if anyone gives him action they should know b

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Maybe I'm "ratting him out", but I am not getting overly excited. Someone tells me they are going to pay me after we play, then promises to come one of two nights, then does neither. And doesn't even have the courtesy to put in a phone call. Exactly how long should I give someone? I don't expect to get paid, and even if I do, I will never play him again. I just want it to be known that he doesn't keep his word, so if anyone gives him action they should know b

Assuming what you said was accurate, and the guy has missed his stated deadline to make good, or even make contact, then I feel people are wrong to think you are at fault, other than maybe not making him post those last couple of games.

But that sure don't make *you^ the thief.

The guy air-barrelled you, someone who he enjoyed a long relationship with.

Thanks for the PSA.

best,
brian kc.

Last edited:

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
It sounds to me like he has been known to air other people before. Is this true? You did state that you feel like you're not going to be paid and you felt that way the night of the air barrel.

Barry Banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if he has done this before. I never thought he would. I had the feeling that he was just sick the way he lost the last set and decided he didn't want to pay that night. Just a feeling. No proof.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I sure wonder how he feels about people he's known for 20 years.

A guy you have known for a decade and who has always treated you well enough to get played again?

Sheeeaaat. I understand your anger at not gettin the cash for the effort, but seriously- You wont give the mutha fuka a week or 2 to get you paid? I know I've gotten mad at pool a few times and quit going back to the poolroom, but you always gotta settle up when you return.

Maybe you are the bad action? You are obviously excitable, plus you be bustin mofos! Hah, just messin with you. His air barrel is worse than your rattin him out, but I still think he shoulda had a week or 2 to make it right